1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

R55 Bug Forums

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Serafina, Jun 20, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

Greetings Avatars!

I'd like to thank you all for continuing to post bugs you've found in this release (currently on QA, but soon on Live)!

I will be looking at the bug forums every day. I will respond to your posts if I need more information - Rest assured, I am indeed reading your posts.

Happy bug hunting!

2. Scoots

Scoots Avatar

There is a couple of bugs that I have seen that are really annoying. #1 when I put Immolation on my character it states it is supposed to be 4 minute in length at my level but it barley lasts a minute. most of my buffs don't last the time frame that they are supposed to. #2 There is the ability to change decks using the F keys but when I change to a different decks for whatever reason I end up running around in the nude. Yes the weapons and armor are tied to each of the decks #3 when I change decks the deck changes but the alternate deck also changes so when I go back to the first one I use in combat my alternate deck or in my case my BUFF deck has been changed.#4 I have played a Mage character in almost every morpg and or rpg game that is out there, and never have I had to only use a wand to be able to protect myself. it is the most goofiest thing is anyone asks me what I do with my wand between Casting spells I HAVE TO TELL THEM I HIT THEM WITH IT.....In most areas a mage should have the same abilities or better if using a dagger or better yet a staff. But from what I have seen only wands have the best abilities which is wrong.

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Any shield spell will overwrite your Immolation. In other words, you cast Immolation then cast Shield of Ice, your Immolation goes away.

[edit] Also, the duration of Immolation depends on your Fire attunement. So, once you cast Immolation then your Fire attunement goes up and then the tooltip will show a longer duration (which you didn't get when you cast it).

Elwyn and Jaesun like this.
  4. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

5. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

Don't just look at them, respond to them so people know they are not wasting their time.

Koss, Jaanelle DeJure and xadoor like this.
  6. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

+1 In general. Even a quick 'We are looking into it, thanks!' does wonders.

Jaanelle DeJure, xadoor and Hephestes like this.
  7. Kaizen Strava

Kaizen Strava Avatar

Here is a thought, just put a "dev read" button next to the like button for you "important types" to see and simply click. this team is always on about transparency and accountability.
    Practice that here.

8. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

Besides a simple acknowledgment, we should still be getting bug numbers to be able to track bugs that persist through multiple releases.

9. Chaox

Chaox Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We will continue to do as much as we can and with as much communication as we can, but we are a smaller team right now and in the middle of figuring out how to absorb all of the old routines.

10. Chaox

Chaox Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We will continue to do as much as we can and with as much communication as we can. This message from Serafina should serve to let people know they are not wasting their time.

11. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

Not everyone will see this message. Communication is great. With only 182 views and a lot of them repeats, this single announcement isn't enough.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  12. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

Re-writing the same bug reports over and over again with each Release has been a huge waste of time and frustration, especially with lead devs reacting with incredulity at a spreadsheet listing out all the combat bugs. Persistent quest bugs have been equally frustrating. Hopefully you are putting a system in place to mitigate this moving forward, and if so, please let us know about it.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  13. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

@Chaox, @DarkStarr, @Chris,

I would like to recommend:
    Instead of 3 questions to ask at telethon, why not telling about actual bug situation - how many got fixed until now and will be (usually) until next Release?
    And please, tell about the very annoying bugs, why people get crazy ;) You don't have to explain all bugs, but the essence of solved bugs :)

So a lot of people would get feedback and could see: Our given time for bug reporting isn't a waste of time :)

14. pr0gress

pr0gress Avatar

15. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

Alley Oop likes this.
  16. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

I agree... I prefer to see the questions answer in text, so I don't have to go through hours of streaming to find out if questions have been answered. Answer top most asked questions on stream are probably OK. So people know they are not alone.

Also, by hearing about bug situation, it helps players/supporters get a glimpse of what's actually happening within that month period and feel closer to the development.

Paladin Michael likes this.
  17. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Look at the quiver.

19. moxiepilot

moxiepilot Avatar

A simple bug tracker like Mantis works wonders

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.