Upper Tears

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brass Knuckles, Jun 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I expect if any adjustment is made it would only be a minor one, its a little op. Its better if places that are more risk and more work be more rewarding.

I like what ut offers but its just a free flowing grind spot atm. The xp is way to easy and way to fast, on the other hand I have to agree its the only thing atm worth doing as a group. Imop the rise the fall both need to be reworked so people actually wanna group for those.

And like I said above the group finder and ut have been a major success. Bit everyone wants to go there cause the xp right now is broken.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  2. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Chris Would not mind seeing a "Rain of Arrows" type skill - similar to Barrage in Guild Wars 2. Basically, a rapid fire into the air, that comes down for an AOE like meteor Shower.

PS - piercing shot going through multiple targets in a line would be fun too - Indiana Jones pistol style

See this video:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I have to admit that Multi Shot is probably my favorite Ranged skill at the moment (please don't nerf it).

4. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

It's going to be mine when I go out today and kick it past 80 :D

Jaesun and Barugon like this.
  5. golruul

golruul Avatar

Will all the people saying how trivial it is please post how they're playing it? In particular, group size and such.

As a solo melee heavy armor player (that never used meteor shower), it isn't trivial to me.

If it's "trivial" for a group of six that are spamming AoEs, then some kind of mob scaling based on party size should be implemented/raised for this.

Nog, Brugas, Witcheypoo and 2 others like this.
  6. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

@Chris
    PLEASE do not ruin UT Cave...
    UTears Cave & LFG have been the best "Social" additions to New Britannia.
    If someone feels that it is a trivial zone, then perhaps they should be grouping in one of the newly created higher Tier Zones, that are suited to a higher level player seeking a challenge?

At level 80'sh I was so bored with Deep Ravenswood but as an Archer (Duoing with Husband - also an Archer) we were getting hammered in Crag Foothills.
    Boredom was setting in....

Until this zone/scene came along, I had never grouped more than three times.
    & never had the opportunity to meet people & be judged on my value within the Group for my contribution & for me to make new friends, who whisper to me to join their group.
    They don't invite me because I am highly skilled or over-powered. I believe they do so, because we work well as a Team & have a good time, whilst all getting the satisfaction of helping each other gain skills.

Yes, I have indeed leveled up in Tears, using the group system during the double XP weekends.
    Not all groups are a 'walk in the park' nor death-free as each group is different.

Please leave this zone enjoyable for "Social Players" to meet & enjoy one of the best additions to the game so far.

MFWalter, Witcheypoo, Woftam and 5 others like this.
  7. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Its not really a solo designed place and the skill that is rocking ut is Banish not Meteor shower. I think you can use banish in heavy idk?

8. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

What’s keeping groups there isnt the enjoyment, its the extreme XP. A similar area has existed for a long time and noone goes there because the xp isnt insane. Alot of folks want to constantly funnel the most efficient numbers as possible, and alot of people just do it because they are a slave to XP and will grind it in the most efficient way possible even if they dont enjoy it.

A lvl 1 player was powerleveled to 40 or so in a few mins there.

Stundorn and Brass Knuckles like this.
  9. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

I question the drops in UT for sure as perhaps the cause for gold value decline. Is that zone producing and extraordinary amount of gold(including vender trash)?

10. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

This is a core issue - the grind is not fun, so if you must do it to advance, it makes sense to do it as efficiently as possible.
    Which is why we have people who started at release 'ahead of' people who've been here since persistence.
    I think I got to adventure level 90-odd completely based on the experience I got killing things while trying to mine or harvest and it took the better part of a year.
    Now you can get to 90 in what, a weekend?

But that's what people wanted - there was so much crying about 'not being able to catch up' so now the journey is trivialized.

@xadoor
    Yeah, the value of the drops there (vendor junk drops) is high, from 150(longbow) - 225 (lich axe) with the scythes and ancient swords falling in between. You can rack up a decent amount of cash there especially if you can solo it.

Brewton likes this.
  11. Brewton

Brewton Avatar

Groups go there because of a few reasons. 1) it is a group zone. 2) the xp is good. 3) it is new and enjoyable.
    Groups used to just go to The Rise, but now there is UT which is new. There are still a lot of other zones people group up for, like the zone with the Giants (can't remember the name right now.) and The Rise and a few others.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
    Synergy Blaize likes this.
  12. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Only if you are with a group that was with you the whole weekend, attenuated every hour, and none of you slept for two days straight... sure.

Synergy Blaize likes this.
  13. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

It is trivial in the sense that with a tank, a healer and a dps, we can 3 man this cave with no fear of dying, and cap our 1m exp in 15-20 minutes.

Now of course as a solo player it wont be easy, but as group content it is relatively easy with a good base. Now we decided to go in Ravensmoor ruins after with the same group... Not the same experience. I can gladly say group play is becoming a necessity for some zones and it is great!

14. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I don't think it's just Upper Tears, but the combination of Upper Tears and Looking for Group. It is now pretty easy to get people together to go do something, and there's a shiny new thing for that group to go do. My friends list went from seven to like, twenty-five this weekend, while still keeping to my rule of only adding people I've actually interacted with, or who live in the same PoT. I think it's been suggested elsewhere, but a lower tier version of this might do wonders for player retention- much of the current "group content" is group content because it's high level; if a new player comes in and can go do something with others aside from just needing others to help complete specific content, it would be a big win for the game, as it's bringing random people together to go have fun. Though, I also realize balance would be an issue; it'd have to offer enough XP/loot to be worth the effort, but little enough to not just become an easier farming spot for high level players.

15. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

16. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

Maybe that is true for some, but not for all.
    Some of us do enjoy the fact that this zone has created a real & tangible social addition to Shroud.

The XP grinders have always had the monkey room, The Rise etc.

This has brought many different levels of players together.

17. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

Well said @Cora Cuz'avich

Mishras and Witcheypoo like this.
  18. Rat2

Rat2 Avatar

In scenes like UT, it would be fun to see a largest class boss mob dropped in on a small percentage, just to mix things up and keep people honest.

Spinok and Violette Dyonisys like this.
  19. marthos

marthos Avatar

I'd rather see further differentiation between the skill trees. There isn't a need to make them all competitive with each other in every single circumstance. We're able to learn multiple skills and spells, we should be put into situations where our main deck is at a disadvantage. That will encourage us to build up alternate decks.

Although...I do have to point out that bludgeon users like myself have no way to hit targets far away. So....to be competitive with archers, can we add the Magic Axes from Ultima 5 to this game? You know, you throw it, it does great damage, then it returns back to your hand to be thrown again :)

majoria70 and Violette Dyonisys like this.
  20. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Um, you do have Body Slam trained, and to a high level? That skill will happily wisk you off to near by creatures. The range for it sucks though. But it does the job.

majoria70 and Boris Mondragon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.