Locking threads?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrBlight, Jul 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Is it kind of obvious that when people are discussing improvements and suggestions in a thread, and devs listening to feedback is a hot topic in said thread.
    Closing the thread and ending an active discussion, that is also discussing the attention of feedback... is just silly.

So IMO a huge improvement in the game right now, would be letting people discuss it.

Blight.

2. Sol Stormlin

Sol Stormlin Avatar

There are several threads still open to continue these conversations. Not sure why that one was locked. But it wasn't censord or deleted and no one was banned as far as I know.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  3. Azzamean

Azzamean Avatar

LOCK THEM ALL!!!

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I agree except I am hearing whine sessions perhaps with a lot of good suggestions mixed in of course but hard to find the good suggestions in them. I see many come into a thread speaking from not having read the whole thread. So just some thoughts. Perhaps like threads could do a part 2 well if only;).

I feel we are at an important place in this game. I'd like to see more players who are rooting for this game step up on their constructiveness with their complaints. It's a lot easier to read (a)saying something is wrong with something then (b) is a suggestion howhto fix.

I know a lot of us are rooting for the games success and some find it easy to give up. I want to say to all of those giving up go and do so and those who are willing to keep fighting for improvements do that in a way that will help and have more chance to be listened to. Page after page on so many of these threads get crazy drawn out and yes sometimes something is achieved but who can Wade through it?

Sometimes I don't blame them for closing them. What are we achieving here? Is there a better way? Ok I just had to say it. I know I don't want to stifle feedback. It is so valuable to hear it for fixes to the game but I truly want devs to be able to hear it and page after page that buries those and those suggestions get lost doesn't help imo. Let's try to help in these threads in some ways by updating them with what's happened in thread maybe.

Edited

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  5. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Usually the people having a discussion... hense why the threads still going.

And how is having 2 threads, 4 pages long better then 1 thread 8 pages?

So many times people are repeating themselves.. because a relevent point on topic is in a now closed thread.
    Probably why theres so much spam and repeats..

6. Koss

Koss Avatar

@MrBlight, no offense... But i think that thread ran its course.

I don't think @Chaox was doing anything other then stating a 'thank you'.

They have many posts to go off of.

Alot of heart and soul were poured into them.

Im sure with the day off they have lots to discuss from that post.

And hey...
    Less moderation at the moment...

That's cool

7. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

Im with Blight...let people say their piece.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  8. Sol Stormlin

Sol Stormlin Avatar

Well I haven't really said this yet but I do have some concerns with the game. I know they are working on improving the new player experience so that's awesome. But here are some of my other concerns:

-Factions
    -Fullfull promises to backers
    -FPS!
    -Fix all of the bugs in quests
    -Make quests in journals easily searchable with one recognizable title per quest.
    -More useful information on npcs, short and sweet. I think they are working on that, not sure.
    -More emersion in the game.
    -No New POTs
    -Whatever happened to being able to have two or more party's grouped up for solo zones? When you have a lot of friends and allies it would be nice to be able to connect a large group of 20 or more people.
    -Allies
    -I recently got a coin from a quest and was told I'd be approached by mysterious people, and have not. I think it would be awesome if I was approached while mining or something, and given a secret task. And have about 20 tasks you could fullfill. Each one a bit more challenging maybe. I'm thinking on my feet here..
    -Make the Witches house in Harvest a larger dungeon. The quest was cool, would have been great to see a spirit girl. Make it bigger, better, and an actual human witch and not a 1 shot lich.
    -More dungeons like The Fall
    -Better loot in supply bundles. Perhaps gold or cotos.
    -Gold coto drops

So those are just a few lol

9. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

I've said before, trigger happy thread locking is not conducive to good communication. It should be the last resort during discussions, not to stifle them.

Smack the trolls who are trolling, but there are legitimate concerns and suggestions that people do want to see addressed.

10. Cerus

Cerus Avatar

@MrBlight I agree with you that people should discuss game related content. I am all for healthy discussions, regardless of whether the feedback is positive or negative.
    If a thread is locked, it's not because a discussion is going on, but because it
    1) turns to bashing and/or members are mocking and offending other members or staff unnecessarily
    2) because it derails so much that it's hard to get back on the original topic
    3) because it was opened for no constructive reason but only for the sole purpose of talking bad about someone or something, which is not a base for a healthy discussion, nor does it add anything valuable to the Community.

In this case, I am closing this thread because of reason number 3.

Looking forward to seeing valuable and healthy discussions in the future.

Cheers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.