Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Brewing Numbers - LOL I Like money

Discussion in 'Release 55 Feedback' started by Lhamabomb, Jul 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lhamabomb

Lhamabomb Avatar

MY HERO!! lol, saved me a day, i'l have a wine numbers from seed to sale in a minute. i assume they vendor for 5g then? or does it have a higher value and SELL for 6g?

2. Lhamabomb

Lhamabomb Avatar

oh and grapes yeild same as all the other brewing plants, 16 per seed

3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Blasphemy!
    *runs away to fetch the pitchforks, torches, tar and feathers, but gets sidetracked by a fresh keg of Brits, wakes up thinking there was something he should do except talking into the privy hole...*

4. Floors

Floors Avatar

Okay. I am definately going to wait until that happens before I spend any more time planting wheat and barley and putting stuff in casks :)

5. Lhamabomb

Lhamabomb Avatar

... But MONEY....

the wine numbers are looking good

Basically the way i've got it figured, if you grow your own grapes but buy all the water, it costs 120g for a cask

Breakdown -
    Grapes- 20 grapes at 16 grapes per seed is 1.25 seeds, and roughly 1g per grape-20g
    Sugar- think we're at the mercy of the NPC vendor here, 10 sacks at 4g a pop- 40g
    Yeast- 40g, we all know the deal on yeast though.
    Water- 20g

So if what scoffer said holds and they SELL for 6g each, that puts cask value at 240 on sale, meaning a PROFIT DOUBLING FROM INVESTMENT MINIMUM.... The more work you put in, the better return you get ( i.e. i think this is where growing your own yeast with hand drawn/ discount vendor water might come in handy)

The time frame doesn't really matter, just means you have a longer wind up and more total casks to keep a daily rotation.

Daigoji Gai likes this.
  6. Floors

Floors Avatar

It requires people to actually you know, buy it, which I'm dubious about considering how much stuff I'm able to sell currently. Maybe you guys all have great locations or something

7. Lhamabomb

Lhamabomb Avatar

Woops forgot about water for the seeds... so make it like another 10-12g there

8. Floors

Floors Avatar

Oh, okay. I see. Btw, if you tell people they're not listening, it doesn't have the effect you want, which is for them to listen to you. It's kinda rude, too.

9. Floors

Floors Avatar

No worries, I'm just pointing it out. Not everyone reads the entire thread.

10. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

They are valued at 7, sell for 6.

Lhamabomb likes this.
  11. Lhamabomb

Lhamabomb Avatar

awesome, so yeah... uh.. trading beer casks for wine casks lol

12. Lhamabomb

Lhamabomb Avatar

So i have a theory on whiskey. I'm thinking the sell value is based on mature times. one can only hope. if i had to guess the numbers, i'd say

2y- 10-12g "value" per
    7y- 15-20g
    25y- 25-50g

Edit addition: I've had these numbers for a while written down, putting them here for obvious reasons

Whiskey Costs per casks math is more or less the same as beer/wine. These are full vendor water (seeds and casks) prices
    2y(1mo)-88g
    7y(3mo)-108g
    25y(1y)-168g

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  13. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

It depends how much wood you have to make the initial barrels and how much its worth to you with the brewing times.

The theory if you have 1500 casks you could do 500 beer a day and keep cycling them to make 16,400 profit a day using my numbers
    Alternatively if you have 3500 casks you could do 500 wine a day and keep cycling them to make 42,000 profit a day using my numbers.

Both would take just over 2 hours a day and get you about 50k producer xp.

Lhamabomb likes this.
  14. Lhamabomb

Lhamabomb Avatar

[​IMG]

15. Lhamabomb

Lhamabomb Avatar

once you get rolling, making casks is no problem, you'll be rolling in the gp, just buy wood at that point, that's what i meant originally when i was discussing easily scalable

16. Lhamabomb

Lhamabomb Avatar

and as far as the time investment, that's the goal of the guild i made. Each member will grow their own stuff, and when it comes time to make ingredients and pack casks, we'll help each other out. In theory at least. Could turn a 2 hour job into a 20 min one with enough hands.

17. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

Or if the price was right I could come to you guys and just buy the ingredients......

18. Lhamabomb

Lhamabomb Avatar

You could.. but i'm not trying to just make another farming guild... My goal is to have a bunch of folks just getting massively rich off vendors without any outside influence. In addition to it would give players more incentive , cause as many folks have pointed out, they are turned off by the time investment, you and me may be ok with it, but the avg player isn't going to want to spend 2 hours a day at a crafting bench, even if it will net them a cool 1mil a month(edit: thats a ball park estimate)

19. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

The problem of course is when it gets to that kind of money involved it will get nerfed like so many other profitable ventures.

20. Lhamabomb

Lhamabomb Avatar

again, idk... i haven't been around the community long, but i seriously can't see port not seeing this when they designed it if runaway vendor profits was a concern... They would (or did) have it baked into the system (i.e the time constraint and initial investment point).

I really hope someone would have done this math and gotten these numbers ok'd before release... i'll be very sad if it gets nerfed

And yeah, using your numbers for wine, 500 wine casks a day is a 1.26mil income per month. ez pz

from seed with vendor water, it's 1.65mil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.