Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

East Vauban Foothills feedback

Discussion in 'Release 55 Feedback' started by mass, Jul 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

is that the zone where you have to go to all the spots and light the fires. That has worked for a long time unless they borked it. Put the blessings in the bowls and then the center section with the bell will light up

2. mass

mass Avatar

I don't think so. In this scene there is a mountain with a tower you have to climb and a big signal fire you light at the top. There's supposed to be a high level encounter that spawns when you light the signal fire (as far as I know).

3. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

The signal fire which summons the tougher enemy is working fine. I just checked it. However, I'll also point out it's a Tier 3 scene while the enemies that appear because of the signal fire are three Tier 4 with one Tier 5 "leader." If you were expecting a Tier 10+ enemy, that's not the purpose of this signal fire situation.

4. mass

mass Avatar

Weird, I'd just tried it a couple of days ago and nothing spawned. I'll try it again soon. You just light the fire, right?

5. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

I just tried it as well and nobody showed up :(

6. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

I just tested it again (on the live server). When you light the signal fire, look over the railing to the path at the base of the tower. The enemies will spawn out of sight and walk up the path to the tower entry stairs. Then they'll continue patrolling back and forth.

To be clear: the enemies appear at the base of the tower, not on the top where the signal fire is.

7. mass

mass Avatar

What's the time out between spawns? I tried a few minutes ago, and as I approached the tower, there were already some archers, wizards, and fighters at the base of the tower (before I climbed it an lit it). Then when I light, it, nothing comes up the road to the tower. Had someone just lit it before me? You might want to put in spoiler quotes what is supposed to spawn so I can at least figure out if those things were the result of lighting the fire.

Thanks for taking the time test/discuss this.

Cordelayne likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.