Release 55 telethon Part 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Humbert_Humbert, Jul 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Humbert_Humbert

Humbert_Humbert Avatar

In case others do not read the announcement thread, they are doing a second fundraiser July 20th.

Just like last month we get two telethons.

Numa and amarious like this.
  2. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

I missed the telethon so I am happy. :D

3. Floors

Floors Avatar

4. CarlNZ

CarlNZ Avatar

Is this a thing now? Two a month?

K1000, Cordelayne, Gix and 1 other person like this.
  5. Koss

Koss Avatar

Hmmm.....

K1000 and Jaesun like this.
  6. Brian4

Brian4 Avatar

They are out of money, they have to. Telethon totals are being lowered every month and I just started at Launch of the game. I'm very concerned about the future of the game.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    psteg, K1000, By Tor and 5 others like this.
  7. Humbert_Humbert

Humbert_Humbert Avatar

@Darkstar told us not to worry about a month ago.

K1000 and Nelzie like this.
  8. Gix

Gix Avatar

Think about it this way:
    It currently requires very little to maintain the servers. If they ever abandon the idea of improving/fixing the game, the bare minimum they could do is get a content designer or two to write/script a handful of stories/quests once a month using the assets they already have and maybe that could warrant a (smaller) subscription fee. It's not like we have a shortage of scenes, props and costumes.

If they can manage that, I can't imagine the future to be that horrible... even without the subsequent episodes.

Now, if they want to make this a great success, they need to fix things.

I'll be the first to cry foul at how they're spending our money... but at the same time, they made SotA nearly self-sustainable for current fans of the game.

K1000, Witcheypoo, Greyfox and 3 others like this.
  9. Brian4

Brian4 Avatar

I wish nothing but the best for sota. I'm in the game all day every day but I have multiple valid reasons to be concerned as the saying goes "this is not my first rodeo"

K1000, Witcheypoo, Chatele and 2 others like this.
  10. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

I can see the point many are making about a rush to get money (it was honestly my first thought when I read the announcement too) - but I also noticed the significant number of people on these forums pointing out the 'advertising' for this livestream was particularly patchy and a lot of people simply did not know it had happened, plus some of the things mentioned in part one were skipped over way too quickly.

On this occasions I can see extending this one makes reasonable sense. I already spent my money fort his months though (probably a little too much, to be honest) so though I will try watch this one I'll not be adding any more to the funding totals. Given their liking for Friday telethons though, in future I hope hey could consider extending the qualifying period for the telethon items, and the associated sale, over the weekend rather than making these consistently 'two day' events.

11. Floors

Floors Avatar

If it happens it happens there's nothing we can do about it and no point in dwelling or ruminating about it either

Numa, Witcheypoo and Chatele like this.
  12. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Wonder how it will work ... if we already '' donated'' for first round of stretch goals ...do we qualify for these next stretch goals ? Or we need to donate again if we want the LB table so on ?

Jaesun likes this.
  13. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

I'd understood that like the last two parter, contributing to either 'qualifies' for the items, but the total raised will include money from both parts, so you do not need to pay twice for anything. It actually makes the one item I did want (the table) possible, since part one did not reach that target - maybe extra money drawn in with part two will tip it over the target.

14. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

All your questions are answered in the announcement in the Announcements forum.

majoria70 likes this.
  15. Talimar

Talimar Avatar

It was something I noticed with their front page banner system. Previously it was easy to see the telethon date at the top of the page.

Chatele likes this.
  16. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Yeah i tell my Kids too not to worry even if it's really bad.

No more money from me until things get fixed.

Xandra7, Gregg247 and Feeyo like this.
  17. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all, I agree PORT needs the money so Part 2 is welcome. Here are two other reasons though...
    1. Part 1 was for talk of EP2 planning. More on this is necessary to get a better understanding of whats to come.
    2. So far Lord British's Birthday Live stream has passed the 50k mark but Darkstarr's made it past the 110k mark. A part 2 is necessary!

Senash Kasigal, Witcheypoo and Ronni like this.
  18. Fungus

Fungus Avatar

I thought the REAL reason the community stated the need for a 2 part telethon last time round was due to the key fact 'America was away on vacation' low & behold after a dismal amount raised we now have the same thing again? If you were cynical you'd think that last times community excuse was pure guff but I prefer to believe 'America had another holiday' ;)

Reading between the lines the official announcement stuff reads 'can we tempt you to spend more' and adds nothing tangible to the majority of players, IMHO their yet again trying to spin way too many plates.

Cordelayne, By Tor, Chatele and 3 others like this.
  19. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

We will see.

Numa likes this.
  20. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

Darkstarr stuff is simply cooler. It is black. Personally I think many don't like the LB color scheme so much (neither do I to be honest, eventhough my family is half Swedish :D). I doubt even with this second round we will reach the results from the Darkstarr Telethon. Not much cool new stuff in the store either, and those who wanted to subscribe did so by now I think. Plus the feeling of uncertainty of the futurr that seems dominant in parts of the community...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.