Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Min/Maxers are Being Left In Dirt

Discussion in 'Release 55 Feedback' started by Zeddicus Zorander, Jul 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Just like I said before: Diminishing Returns..... Chris has always said this is intended and the reason we don't have hard caps.
    Your moving from 216 to 232 Fire attunement is the perfect example.
    Put points somewhere else and move on.
    Fire doesn't kill everything anyway............

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Absolutely wrong.... sorry Violette.
    Single Player was always said to be ONE option for SotA, and it definitely is NOT what made this game "happen" in the first place.

3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Single Player has NEVER taken priority over Multi Player here since day 1, and Port NEVER said it would.
    If you go back on the forums here, you'd see the Single Player people constantly complaining that they get no love. So I don't know what you're talking about.............

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Name one MMO that doesn't make adjustments for balance.

Brugas, Sorthious and Jaesun like this.
  5. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Once ''Diminshing returns'' gets close to ''almost no returns''...people will stop improving they're character and stop playing the game ..its a slippery slope.

6. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

I would much prefer if they want to increase low end players faster just give everyone more exp rather then nerfing the top end skills to level the growth out. At some point the leveling make it so that there is no point to play the game.

7. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Cap skills, restrict trees => interdependencies
    Lessen the grind and make it possible for everyone to partake in all aspects of the game including high level crafting and endgame pvp ...
    To support or even allow Min maxing and powergaming or powerplaying is bad for any sort of sandbox gameplay, at least with pvp involved.

But Port learn it the hard way.

Sea of Thieves - no vertical progression, www voices said it's crap blabla
    4 Million players, top ten twitch Streams

SotA only about vertical progression and grind: ~400 players

Greyfox and Gorthyn like this.
  8. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

But Sea of Thieves is a cooperative multiplayer game ...with TONS of PVP ... sota lacks in both departments '' cooperative multi game and PVP '' but aims to improve in the future once all the pvp features are deployed and raids for pve..hopefully sooner rather then later.

What i find most lacking at the moment is there is no FIGHT for HONOUR - GLORY or RICHES in the game. Once we get these all the crap about min maxers , progression or no progression , will fade away.

9. oplek

oplek Avatar

This statement kind of boggles my mind. They don't want you to min/max... they'd rather you play a balanced game. Min/maxxing caused them to keep having to nerf and recalibrate, as it causes problems for the economy and balance of the game.

It's not technically against the rules, but min/maxxing is a problem they're constantly having to solve, not promote.

Vaiden Luro, Gix and Stundorn like this.
  10. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Sure , agree.

I'd considering to change SotA gameplay and Style to some degree to SoT.
    I wont say no level and no vertical progression at all, but sure to flatten this inmensly to have casuals - btw i allways define casual only about time to play the game and beeing not a min maxer in every aspect, but sure can handle complex game and make a viable char, but for love of style to play not min max at any price. For example someone knows skill x is maybe netter than skill y in several situations, but only for thst he wouldnt spend time to level all skills required just to have this specific skills in only some Situations . Death Shield for example, if not using Death Magic. )
    to have casuals able partaking fully in all content and contribute equal /similar strong no matter if you play 10hrs a week or 100hrs a week.
    The difference should be the 100hr guy is more practiced in using his skills, he's maybe richer, he maybe has more time to create player driven content and leads a guild or maintain a Town or whatever.
    Believe me, there are Millions of casuals who just dont want to be fooled just because they cannot and arent willing to grind that much to be a good Crafter, a good pvper etc...
    Sea of Thieves is a perfect example for playing for fun in the very first line and not for beeing stronger in any way.
    That is the significant difference.
    And maybe SotA can try it.
    They have nothing to loose imho.
    As iirc Starman said.
    They maybe loose 100, but get 1000 players.

Gorthyn likes this.
  11. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

Not to mention that if we wanted to play sea of thieves we would be playing that. SOTA is a different game which many of us like how it it.

12. Onyx

Onyx Avatar

Well said and absolutely true.

13. Gravidy

Gravidy Avatar

Min-maxing is just another, entirely legitimate, play-style. We should be be inclusive of play-styles, not dismissive of them. Statements like this are not helpful to building an inclusive community.

Be you a min-maxer, casual, PvPer, RPer, musician, crafter, or some kind of mix ... you should be welcomed here.

14. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

I believe these nerfs that have been happening for months, release after release, is one of the reasons we've seemed to have a steady decrease in people playing. Balancing is one thing.. a destruction of someone's build/play style is quite another.

15. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

The patch yesterday actually buff meteor 10% if you read the patch notes so they came to the conclusion that the nerf was too much as well .

16. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

Absolutely correct, you can in fact see the Steam Charts and track population decreases matching up with significant nerfs. Minor tweaking, no problem. Dramatic nerfs, problem.

By Tor likes this.
  17. Floors

Floors Avatar

But that's okay tho. To survive, this game can't just cater to the most obsessive players. It needs to be bringing in new people going through that cycle, and some older players will get bored and move on.

Elwyn likes this.
  18. jschoice

jschoice Avatar

You realize that the bulk of the population doesn't play through steam. I had so many problems with steam launcher I play via the shroud direct login.

Elwyn likes this.
  19. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

What problems were those? Though I agree, the direct login client is way more efficient.

20. jschoice

jschoice Avatar

Not sure if some of the comments here are from newer players but Port has been consistent in saying that 80 was peak power and things would level off significantly post 80 to 100 with little to no advantage post 100. There was also a post in the thread about other games not nerfing things as often as shroud which is true but I prefer that because many MMO's have broken skills or builds that they allow for years. ESO has been imbalanced for a long time for pvp and pve.

Stundorn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.