Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Brewing Numbers - LOL I Like money

Discussion in 'Release 55 Feedback' started by Lhamabomb, Jul 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

so time to shift into whiskey production :D

Cordelayne and Jaesun like this.
  2. LordEnglish

LordEnglish Avatar

I suspect the exploit related to making things mature instantly. At which point the profit margins are probably ridiculous and you are basically crafting gold using vendor mats.

Spoon and Jaesun like this.
  3. Hermann von Salza

Hermann von Salza Avatar

What you guys think, should i go on on producing casks? and maybe fill them?
    Or would you wait until the 26.07.
    How reliable is the statement from Lord British in your eys?

mass and nonaware like this.
  4. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

I will scale back my plans but continue more or less in the same direction because it has been more engaging play than I have had grinding for adventurer progression.

5. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

Well there is a current bug that could potentially be exploited so the value was reduced.
    Once they fix the bug (next release) it will be moved back.
    I'm still going to be producing casks, buying crops and making wine/beer until then. It just means that I wont be selling it right away and just stockpiling it for when the fix goes in.

Don't be disheartened @Lhamabomb what you are doing will still be viable and I'm actually impressed that Port put out an announcement to explain the situation. They could have just as easily changed the value and not said anything but now with advanced warning and knowledge that the value will be going back up I think we are all good.

Lhamabomb and nonaware like this.
  6. Lhamabomb

Lhamabomb Avatar

yeah i'm not sure i'll continue producing while the values are nerfed. Again, i'm still a relatively new player, and this was to be a self sustaining operation. I'd love to work in the numbers i mentioned throughout the post, but without the money from brewing, it's next to near impossible for me to get to. so i'm on brewing hiatus until R56...

My gameplay would end up the same either way, grinding away on trolls/reapers/mining until i get bored or tired and log out...

Let's just hope we get some kind of kickback from the nerf, like having inn/barkeeper npcs buy brew for vendor match value would be nice.

nonaware likes this.
  7. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

So to make say 25k profit every 2 days you need 1000 beer ..which needs you to buy roughly 14k water from npc (with planting ).... Are you guys really spending hours on end just buying 14k water from npc...400 at a time.. every 2 days ?o_O

8. Lhamabomb

Lhamabomb Avatar

idk where you got your numbers from... you need roughly 400 casks to make a 25k profit on beer (triple that many if you want to do it daily)... So thats 4000 water daily for the casks... And for the seeds, you'd need to grow 625 seeds daily and you need about 2500 water over the course of it's grow cycle. That brings total water needed for the 25k profit to 6500...

Get that weak math outta here

9. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Well i didnt mean to confuse you ...post was more about the water not the profits ...so i said 14000 water for 1000 casks of beer .... give or take ..your saying its 6500 water for 400 barrels ... i think my post is pretty accurate and so the question remains ...Are you guys really spending hours on end just buying 14k water from npc...400 at a time.. every 2 days ?o_O

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  10. Lhamabomb

Lhamabomb Avatar

and any mmo player worth their grinding salt knows how to get a rhythm going on repeating actions "2x click vendor, 2x click water, 1 click box, type 250, buy, close window, repeat" < one iteration of that takes less than 5 seconds. that 1k water in 20 seconds... even if i did need 14k water per day, it really doesn't take that long

11. Lhamabomb

Lhamabomb Avatar

Yeah but either way you math is wrong... 1000 beer right? well, you get beer in batches of 40 per cask, so 1000 beer is 25 casks, 25 casks is 250 water...

12. Lhamabomb

Lhamabomb Avatar

like i'm not the one confused man... you need to check your numbers and not just pull random ones out of thin air

13. Fungus

Fungus Avatar

Rumours of this exploit (and yes it is an exploit) surfaced not long after R55, data stats obviously proved it worked to the Devs as so many players jumped on the band wagon

It's now been addressed and officially been called a bug which is laughable in it's self; where's the bans for this type of behaviour as it's clearly easy to see who's exploiting it and milking the system dry opposed to those who accidentally benefited on a far smaller scale.

Crafters caught up in the middle (or possibly not) now call it a nerf! Oh the irony, maybe like Meteor Storm it'll get a 10% boost in a few weeks time.

14. Lhamabomb

Lhamabomb Avatar

hold on, are you calling the profit itself the exploit? because as it's been addressed on several occasion, and by lord british himself(see above), the prices will be coming back after "mystery bug" is fixed. Some assume it has to do with maturing instantly, some think it's storing in containers, but it's definitely not the money making.

Like for the amount of salt i created about the temp nerf, the salt from the bitter vet community that looks at anything profitable as "exploits" could dry up an ocean

StarLord likes this.
  15. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Well good luck with that one . o_O

16. Lhamabomb

Lhamabomb Avatar

Don't need luck when you can do math ;)

@Elrond i'll tutor you if you want. i'm free for the next 2 weeks.

17. Lhamabomb

Lhamabomb Avatar

nice edit on that 2nd post to include the word "casks", now your numbers are getting closer.

However, it's not 4 water per cask for seeds, which is where you're getting the extra 4k from, right?

Anyways, like i said, you've clearly never bought water on a large scale before anyways. It's not as bad as you make it out to be, hell, the walk back to my property takes longer than buying it

StarLord likes this.
  18. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

I just LOVE making booze and I dont know why....

I have some 25 year that I started on LB birthday. It will be ready just in time to celebrate next year!!!

19. Hermann von Salza

Hermann von Salza Avatar

.. ok so lets use the time and make some Yast :) and casks for sure...

moxiepilot and Jaesun like this.
  20. moxiepilot

moxiepilot Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.