1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Shooter Jennings "Shooter" Album Release Party - July 31

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jul 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

[​IMG]

You are invited to another historical album premier inside the realm of Shroud of the Avatar! Rolling Stone lists Shooter Jennings' latest album: "Shooter", which releases on August 10, as one of the most anticipated albums of 2018!

For his latest album, the follow-up to his adventurous tribute to Giorgio Moroder, Countach (For Giorgio), country-rock-electronica mad scientist Shooter Jennings looked to his outlaw lineage, cutting an album of stripped-down classic country in the vein of his dad Waylon and one of his heroes, Hank Williams Jr. He also returned to where it all began, re-teaming with Dave Cobb, who produced Jennings’ 2005 debut, Put the ‘O’ Back in Country – the first album the Grammy-winning Cobb ever produced too. Simply titled Shooter, the LP will be released sometime this year via Cobb’s Low Country Sound imprint on Elektra. Says Jennings, “It’s the most country album I’ve ever done.” J.H.

The event will kickoff through a series of quests that will appear in Release 56 which goes live on Thursday July 26. The quests will lead to the party at 7:00 PM CDT on July 31st inside Shroud of the Avatar, in the Player Owned Town of Ordinis Mortis. The first players to collect the clues and finish the quest will receive prizes from Shooter himself! Those prizes will include exclusive items with Shooter’s heraldry in the game (armor, brewing casks, etc), wax cylinders with songs from Shooter’s new album, and framed art of Shooter’s heraldry that they can decorate their home with. There will be a variety of festivities at the party, including a listening of the album through Avatar's Radio hosted by DJ Darkstarr who will also DJ a dance party!

PRIZE UPDATE 8/1/18 from Vas Corp Por & Serafina: Hello Avatars and Shooter fans! Firstly, thanks to everyone involved in the coordination of and everyone who participated in the Shooter Album Release Party!

We had an overwhelming response to the event and the quest leading up to it (200+ people!). Shooter was gracious enough to meet several players to deliver them prizes, but we kept the number he'd personally meet to the first 25 who completed the quest as to not overwhelm our special guest, and to let him enjoy his own album release party.

We have a list of everyone who completed the quest before the start of the party (7:00 P.M CST last night). There are enough prizes to give away to these people.

@Serafina has already begun compiling and reading through that list in order for us to mail all those people (185 people) prizes by hand. Everyone will still be receiving 2 items via in-game mail.

Thanks so much to everyone who participated in an unforgettable event!

-Vas Corp Por

DIRECTIONS UPDATE:

• Ordinis Mortis is one of the POTs clustered directly south of Brittany in North Central Novia: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/map//?map_id=1&poi_id=3997&openPopup=true&z=5
    • Once you enter Ordinis Mortis
    • The main entrance is "Central" on the sign post and the Bridge
    • Head to the WEST side of the Bridge toward the Red Wagon.
    • Make a LEFT to the south along the river toward the Hot Air Balloon.
    • Follow the path of dead trees and lights.
    • The basement hatch is in the crypt in the backyard

[​IMG]

Shooter has a long history with Shroud of the Avatar. It all started when he decided to have the World Premier of his album Countach in the game a couple of years ago! Shooter said about the event, "Having created a system where you can not only listen to streaming radio inside the game, but also having the ability to collect wax cylinders with audio stored on them which you can play on in-game phonographs, it seemed like a no-brainer to be able to share music inside Shroud of the Avatar. So I suggested we do a listening party in the game." One news outlet dubbed it “…arguably the weirdest gaming event of all time.” He followed that up by donating wax cylinders of the album, album cover art, and other items to our Breast Cancer Make A Difference Store

[​IMG]

He backed up this charitable work by donating items to and participating in a Think Pink Streamathon to raise funds for breast cancer which raised over $8000.

[​IMG]

He even played our Launch Event this March at the Bob Bullock Museum! So join our longtime friend and collaborator for another night to remember on July 31 at 7 PM CDT and hear the new album "Shooter"!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    Deliverence, Hazard, Engel and 36 others like this.
  2. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Awesome! Hopefully it's not too overcrowded and I can actually get into the scene this time!

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  3. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

This is awesome! The launch event for Countach was amazing, and I'm looking forward to not only a new album, but having a launch event in our game!

However...
    The problem with these events is always that the scenes are full, causing multiple instances, and are highly laggy. Even *getting* the quest is going to be problematic, so being the first is out of the question for the vast majority of people who even have a chance to attend. Why limit these to just a few? You could easily get a list of avatars who attend (those in scene during the appropriate time) and award them. Even randomly selected would be better than "finish a quest you probably won't even hear about until its complete". This is the same problem we had with the /shooter emote last time.

4. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Cool deal :)

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  5. Selene

Selene Avatar

Hooray, party!

Minerva and Fionwyn Wyldemane like this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

His blazon looks pretty sweet.

7. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Huge party and loads of booze planned at my end. Maybe a big TV screen and a bunch of mates here. How much Shooter music time will there be?

8. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Please get the word out past the forums.

PR blast this to everyone in the music industry, as well as the obvious game industry. Hire a firm short term for their contacts if need be.

We can do the greatest things in the world but of no one ever hears about it.....

Engel, Gaelis, Minerva and 7 others like this.
  9. Thadeus Crook

Thadeus Crook Avatar

I really like this!

Engel and Fionwyn Wyldemane like this.
  10. Lained

Lained Avatar

Last time as I recall they played the whole album.

11. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

Awesomeness!!!

12. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

@DarkStarr @Lord British ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS!!

I was fortunate enough to be at both the release of Countach AND see Shooter live at the release event. All I can say about Shooter is that he is a man with soul and he imbues his music with it, every word, every note.

This event is not to be missed.

13. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Very cool! Sadly, I wasn't around for the first Shooter event so I missed out on all the fun.

Any chance we will be able to pick up the /shooter emote from him at this event?

14. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

First album release party I've ever been to was for Countach, cool album, now album release parties are a big thing, I didn't notice them being as big before that. Good exposure for the game! Will try my best to be there, I recorded a good portion of the last release party, and will try this time too, & yeah cool blazon!

15. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Maybe we’ll get that new combat music he was working on too! ??

16. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

wow didn't know about that, would be very cool.

Engel, Fionwyn Wyldemane and Echondas like this.
  17. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

One thing that I think they did after his first event a couple of years ago was to add mode where a VIP player could be made visible to all instances of a town. I presume this is just one way, and he wouldn't be able to interact with or probably even hear/see players from other instances. But this would avoid the "Where's Shooter?" problem when there were three or maybe even four instances of the town, and only one Shooter. (accept no substitutes!)

18. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Updated OP with information about listening to the album through Avatar's Radio and dance party afterwards hosted by me, DJ Darkstarr.

19. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

Ouch, you are the act following Shooter?
    Brave man....

Engel, Minerva, Daigoji Gai and 2 others like this.
  20. Minerva

Minerva Avatar

Sadly, no. That was a rare for that event. But he will have other cool things

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.