Active Users?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stundorn, Jul 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Its been traditionally one of the more popular things for the social engineers to attack. They have been emboldened lately (since the layoffs) and have come to the official forums more to go after it, yes some of them are already in this thread and Im sure RAW already points here.

Kain Darkmoor and FrostII like this.
  2. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

I wonder if people have nothing (important) to do in their life? ;)
    A kind of mischievousness? How sad is that ?
    Are we only living in a material world ?

Well, sometimes I am thinking I am from another planet...
    Ah, you're right! I forgot! Coming from good old earth - what kind of luck that Novia is just a dream ... ;)
    Wondering, what Louis Armstrong would say about?

Kain Darkmoor and FrostII like this.
  3. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

That's it. Making a guild called Social Engineers. RAW, make me a guild banner to use as a sig.

Katu, MrBlight, digriz and 2 others like this.
  4. Ronni

Ronni Avatar

And having quoted some negative posts in the past justifies to punish someone for all times? We should be happy for everyone who have quit the game and returns... please be more open to different opinions...

Xandra7, Katu, Stundorn and 1 other person like this.
  5. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

@Mykll , I love your sig! :) "We feel the obligation to show you how we're spending your money and for you to be able to speak up when you feel thing are good or bad."
    Richard Garriott

Mykll likes this.
  6. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

Actually, I think the current model of pay once to play is good.

The current optional subscription is also good because its not mandatory.

Ronni likes this.
  7. Tiki Pirate

Tiki Pirate Avatar

Social engineer...sounds like a Drunk Kolbold.

I'm still waiting for a fishing update(promised multiple times), physical goods, uncloned scenes, and unbugged quests, etc. (All that promised ep1 stuff)

BTW - If ep1 is truly released and completed, we are not "testers" anymore - as referenced earlier in the tread - we are "players".

People with legitimate gripes that are upset about being moderated here are not social engineers. They just got pushed out and popped up elsewhere.

Karma, not social engineering. Equal and opposite reaction, etc.

Port needs to do what they say and say what they do. That's how the player count will rise .

Xandra7, Gorthyn, MrBlight and 3 others like this.
  8. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

I'm sorry... but where in what I said was the judgement and closed-mindedness? A question was asked, I answered... it is a statement of fact, not a judgement.

Judgement? Negativity? Dismissal? How about this?

9. Brewton

Brewton Avatar

What’s the over/under that this post gets locked?

10. Ronni

Ronni Avatar

Sorry don't want to discuss this further on if you cant see it on your own... and I wont want to read old quotes etc. pp.

11. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

Depends on this mythical point threshold I keep hearing about.

12. Metalton

Metalton Avatar

Why does some kid find it fun to dos attack some random website or server? *shrug* See people are just broken ;)

Or if you want to go darker, remember the are still some very anti-video game lobbies out there (not just SotA). One of the reasons why "violence in video games" pops up in the news every few cycles. Attacking games and the companies who create them directly on their forums to try to get them canceled or shut down, is entirely in their purview.

Or the old, there's money to be had if you know where to look ;)

13. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Ill assume your new enough that you dont remember stunborn was one of the loudest supporters of the game, posting detailed descriptions of every little thing he liked and how to make the things he didnt, better.

As 5 years in... and as much as i disagree with him ( much like janelle usually ) .. they both are responsible for the game still being here today, and habe been giving non stop feedback since persistance.

My point is.
    He and others have done the time and money to be owed proper answers to questions still left open. Genuine accurate answerrs to the state of the game, the player base and plans moving forward SHOULD be open knowledge in order to build ofc the ideas.

Or is locking. Moderating. Derailing and then shutting down threads, leaving loyal backers sour and disenchanted a better answer?

Xandra7, Jens_T, Stundorn and 4 others like this.
  14. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Guarenteed ill have to send my odds to the support email. Lol

Tiki Pirate and Mykll like this.
  15. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Please don't assume that I "haven't been here" long enough. I just barely missed participating in the kickstarter, and that only because of a lost bookmark file that I had saved the page to when I first heard the kickstarter was going to happen. I'm as much responsible for it being here today as they have, if not to exactly the same degree, if depth of pockets is a factor (hint: lord is in the name because I'm a vain goof sometimes...).

I remember what he's posted, and I know what he's posting. Like @Stundorn, I've posted about the things I love, like, dislike or just plain find confusing and/or useless. In a similar vein, I have also been here to witness the way we've been treated, good and bad, and have been moderated to hell and back because of the stuff I said in disagreement, most of which really wasn't negative in nature, merely critical and offered alternatives or options that could have been considered. Unlike him, I simply haven't posted as MUCH.

Like @Ronni , you seem to be lacing black and white text with attitude that isn't there. As I stated above, I only answered a question with the fact of his own recent post history.

No, I don't agree with rather draconian methods of moderation employed in the past, and would love answers instead of years of silence, back-handed replacement of promised items, and playful redefinition of terms to allow certain time-tested goals to slide more freely.

16. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Does it really matter? The community forgets:

-SotA is a selective multiplayer game...

-SotA isn't strictly an MMO...

-Many in this community play in SPO or Offline, take your pick...

-The only portion of the community that's shrinking, is the portion you're a member of... Talk to your friends about that, ask them "why" they don't play anymore?...

Picture a "line chart", starting at 100 or so at 2013, and going up to 250,000 some odd in 2018, and for March, April, May, June, it's still going up... Does it really matter "How many logged in and how long is the average playing time?", it's their business, not yours...

17. Azzamean

Azzamean Avatar

Oh it will be locked and moderated for certain.

digriz and Brewton like this.
  18. Onyx

Onyx Avatar

Justifiably so.

Kain Darkmoor, SmokerKGB and Brewton like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.