CRAFTERS TOWN - - Market Town -- Empty Rows Only

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Elrond, Jun 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

[​IMG]

Aerial View

[​IMG]

Decorated Rows

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last Update 02.03.2020.

Looking for a well designed market town to sell your wares ? Crafters Town may be what you need . Stop by anytime :)

Only empty rows allowed .

To make your row empty you need to aquire the following store item .

[​IMG]

After you aquire the item simply double click the lot marker you claimed and change house to empty ...the item must be in your inventory .

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
  2. Yipp

Yipp Avatar

Incredible execution!
    I want to visit and buy stuff I do not even need, just to support your venture!

3. Alioth

Alioth Avatar

Wow - I really like this idea. I don't have a commission free vendor, but now I'm considering : )

A few questions:
    1) How many items can a commission free vendor list, and how do you determine who gets to take those spots? Is it first-come first serve, or a set number of listings per town member?
    2) If a vendor is full, will someone moderate the unsold listings so they expire eventually on the vendors? (eg transport items back to sellers banks?)
    3) If someone pulls their vendor from town, does it just send your items back to the bank?
    4) With a name like "Crafters Town", as a player I would assume I could buy crafting components. Maybe even high end crafting components, like high end bow strings and staves, or coils or bindings from recipes I don't have yet. Finding those in the world can be difficult. Any plan to include components for sale? Might be a nice way for folks to resell those to the high end crafters who don't want to make them for themselves, as well as allow to newer players without the $10k+ recipe to buy a few components to make their own.

4. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Hi Alioth

1.- You can list 200 items/vendor ..first come first served...(for now)
    2.Currently working on town internal structure, best i can tell you now is each alley will have 1 person in charge to verify vendors on their assigned alley( make sure evrything is listed where it suppose to or if vendors full requests another category of same vendor ).
    3.If someone pulls a vendor your item go to your bank ofcourse (if you have items listed there).
    4.Theres already a category for rare components on artifact alley ( will include rare imbued strings, elven hilts ,bandits blade, torc components so on) we can also create a crafted components category on resource alley ( for stuff you described like coils so on...we have sufficient space to do that ).

5. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

First reaction:
    - excitement, I want to be there!
    - second, I need to be there (anxiety)
    - third, with our population this will kill every other local crafter in every other pot, alley, backwater and.. wherever. Its like Walmart.
    - fourth, good luck to you, the game needs innovation, ideas, and your goods are awesome (@Elrond)

6. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Hope you will join us .

7. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

I'll check it out, I hope the prices aren't as outrageous here as most of the other marketplace/trader towns Ive been too.

8. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

Great idea, especially for those who only have 1 vendor.

Are you willing to police pricing and quality though? For example, I'd hate to have 1 person put up 50 junk swords on the single sword vendor for too high of a price.

9. Alioth

Alioth Avatar

Hopefully not price policing as that sounds a little like price fixing, but I think it’s a great point, and a concern I had too. If it’s 1 vendor per person, should probably be something close to 200 slots per person throughout the town, to avoid 1 or a few people overloading the capacity of the town. No clue how you could track that tho.

10. algumacoisaqq

algumacoisaqq Avatar

This sounds really good, yes.
    Im curious, what town used to be where crafters town will be?

11. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

This is new for me also , i dont know anyone who has attempted a project like this on such large scale ...im sure we will find viable solutions to any problems we might encounter in the future ..for now my focus is on setting up the new residents ...

12. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Update

We now have few vendors up and running on each alley :

Resource alley - General resource vendor up and running
    Rares alley - House and Deeds vendor , General rares vendor , Rare Clothing vendor up and running
    Artifact alley - General artifacts vendor , Artifact Instruments vendor , Artifacts Weapons vendor up and running
    Recipe alley - General Recipes vendor up and running

Placing a vendor in our town gets you access to list your wares to all the vendors i previously posted.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  13. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

New Update - Equipment alley is opened . Can fit about 5-10 good crafters in there . Equipment alley will follow same shared vendors principle... place one vendor gain access to rest of the vendors in the equipment alley. I wil keep it separate from rest of town meaning vendors on Crafters Alley will be shared only with those who have vendors on that alley . If interested pm me ingame ... right now already have 8 vendors there you can get access to... Especially interested in bow makers , cloth ....

Requirements :

1 Row Deed
    1 CF Vendor
    1 Storefront Row House
    GM Skills for the crafted goods you will be listing.

14. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Weekly update ..next categories available for those wish to join :

On Recipe Alley - Rare Recipes / Quest Items /Bookstore
    On Rares Alley - Rares Weapons/ Rares Deco
    On Resource Alley - Potions and Scrolls / Farming

Up and running on each alley :

Resource alley - General Resources/Food and Drinks
    Rares alley - House and Deeds vendor / General rares vendor / Rare Clothing
    Artifact alley - General artifacts vendor , Rare Components ,Instruments vendor , Artifacts Weapons
    Recipe alley - General Recipes vendor up and running

Placing a vendor in our town gets you access to list your wares to all the vendors i previously posted as up and running.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  15. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Weekly update ..next categories available for those wish to join :

Crafters Alley - 3 crafters joined ..few more spots available .

On Recipe Alley - Rare Recipes /Bookstore (Found Books in the world )/Blacksmith Recipes
    On Rares Alley - Rares Weapons/ Rares Armor /
    On Resource Alley - Furniture Vendor
    On Artifact Alley - Supply Bags

Vendors already up and running on each alley :

Resource alley - General Resources/Food and Drinks/Potions and Scrolls /Farmed Goods/Dyes/Reagents/Gems and Fragments
    Rares alley - House and Deeds vendor / General rares vendor / Rare Clothing/Rares Deco/ Fireworks
    Artifact alley - General artifacts vendor /Rare Components / Artifacts Weapons/ Artifacts Rings
    Recipe alley - General Recipes / Patterns and Quest Items/ Bookstore (Written Books by players)

Placing a vendor in our town gets you access to list your wares to all the vendors i previously posted as up and running.

16. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

Can resources vender owners access crafted venders and crafted vender owners access resources venders? Or is there some divide?

17. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Crafters alley is separated from rest of town .... meaning its for crafters only and only crafters have access on vendors there(and no they dont get access to other vendors in town unless they place a vendor on the other alleys also )... that means anyone that wants access to crafters alley needs to place a vendor on that alley , and 1 for the rest of town. We actually have a crafter with a vendor on resource alley and another vendor on crafters alley this gives him access to all vendors in town.

I had to separate crafters alley from the rest of town as its not feasible to allow 100 plus people to list on 10 vendors on crafters alley ....will be just 2 items /person /vendor.

So spots on crafters alley are limited once those are full none else will be able to join there ... for now still room for about 5-10 good crafters.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  18. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

I think your idea is a great idea. But I just visited and the prices weren't very competitive.

No amount of organization or 'convenience' will make up for higher prices and make players open their wallets. Commodities are commodities. Price is the main determining factor.

19. Randbo

Randbo Avatar

how many items can one player put on one vendor. min 5 for armor set
    how do you enforce it?
    can a vendor owner toss items to the player's bank?

20. Randbo

Randbo Avatar

with a possibility of 200 row lots in a big town, mebbe have 5 really long rows and each player uses his own vendor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.