Ummmm when did your policy change?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vraska Trueheart, Jul 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vraska Trueheart

Vraska Trueheart Avatar

2. Preachyr

Preachyr Avatar

this is a good question, it seems like a whole bunch of threads got locked in the forums suddenly, with this wording used.

An update would be appreciated @Serafina @DarkStarr

CatherineRose, amarious, Katu and 2 others like this.
  3. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

Sounds like they are only not allowing it to happen in the player marketplace, based on the wording. Not necessarily that it's not allowed at all.

4. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

to much chance of fraud involved when the buyer of the account pretends to be the original owner of the account to support and there is a chance that port could be found liable on the off chance they didn't pay enough attention.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  5. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

Now if they got smart and offered Character transfer services !!! now that would be interesting. Charge a 20$ service token to transfer characters from account A to account B.

3devious, jammaplaya, Hazard and 5 others like this.
  6. Katu

Katu Avatar

Of course they have right to change policy, but here we are again, in the darkness, without anykind of info about this. How hard it is to post a message about it? Seriously..

Is it only this board? Or is account selling forbidden everywhere? What about third parties, trusted traders?

bloodydragon likes this.
  7. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all. This is from the block text in the Player Marketplace EULA at top of page. I dont really remember it saying this but it says the last update was 2017.06.08

8. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

Whilst it's true account transfers were never 'supported in the sense that the people did it at their own risk, there have been several account sales through the forum - search on it and you can turn up a few. There might be a tightening of the situation now, I do not know, so it's fair enough for folks to ask. Might just be a difference in interpretation, or something more significant. Impossible to know at the moment.

9. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Well, if it’s something more important or significant, instead of just locking every thread, there should be some kind of notice along with those thread locks.

@Lord Andernut can attest to just how many accounts have changed hands over the years, and that’s just the ones that have gone through his hands. So, while account sales have never been officially supported, they’ve never been officially banned either.

I for one, would love to know something more than a vague blurb about sensitive information and technical issues.

Katu, FrostII and Kain Darkmoor like this.
  10. stile

stile Avatar

RMT exchanges, in regards to property the Portalrium owns-
    Discord channels
    in-game communication
    forum communication
    etc, etc.....
    is ONLY allowed in the player marketplace forums. The only want it THERE

If its not on the portalariusm property.. your own discord channels, your private chats, emails, and wbe pages... then thats your business, not theirs.

just like if you and a friend came over and walked in my house and started talking about selling something, im going to be like... um? hello? excuse me???? if you want to do that, go in the garage please? dont make me listen to you here.

This comes up every week or two because someone doesn't understand the distinctions.

They only want the chatter in thier marketplace, no where else, in regards to you talking about it on their property. Or go to your own property.

11. Katu

Katu Avatar

Just a quick peek at the history and there's account selling post anywhere from january to june atleast. So its quite resent policy change.
    Did you even read any post in this topic? Those posts were on THIS forums marketplace. Not on discord or reddit but here.

3devious and Sir Stile Teckel like this.
  12. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

I just did a search for "account" in the marketplace and there are tons of accounts for sale in the past and the threads are not locked. What changed?

Sir Stile Teckel likes this.
  13. Chaox

Chaox Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We're doing our best to keep up with enforcing our current policy. As noted above it has not changed.
    I would refer you to our Player Marketplace EULA for that, listed earlier in this thread.
    We have done that, and will continue to try do so going forward.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.