1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Physical Goods Shipping Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jul 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Ugh.. as someone who processes, packs and ships stuff every day.. I totally feel your pain! Delays for any reason can be just as frustrating for a shipper than a customer. You want to get it right, you want it out the door on time and you want it properly delivered. I can't imagine the stress behind trying to do such a large lump sum of shipments in a timely manner, but I totally get unexpected delays and complications, and a lot of those can come from customers..

Folks, I hope you've all entered your addresses properly! All I'm going to say! (please don't get me started! lol)

2. Arcanoxer

Arcanoxer Avatar

My address is always unverified... *shrug*

3. Vagabond Sam

Vagabond Sam Avatar

Did the delays only occur recently?

I mean, clearly they didn't and it's disappointing that even the excuses on the delay are past the expected shipping date given there have been multiple opportunities to respect the community by giving us the update when it occurred instead of over two weeks past the most recent delivery estimate.

4. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Ive waited 3 years, Im not in any hurry and its silly to ask any more of you. As long as they eventually ship, Im happy. Take your time.... dont let the usual's get you down.

5. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

How odd... I used to get this problem... I use PayPal... I haven't for some time... I just went and checked... All verified... and I use PayPal for all transactions.
    Now I wonder why I'm spared this while others aren't.

Sir Frank likes this.
  6. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

The following message is classified 'NBC' Non-Banworthy Content, 'NR' Non-Reportable & 'NF' Nobody's Fool

As nobody's fool, i agree.

7. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

8. Sea Hunter

Sea Hunter Avatar

Well all heck!
    I did not notice this, I guess I better double check all my accounts, probably to late at this point if they are no longer verified! I went through all of them a couple times a few months ago, but have bought stuff every month on each one from the store, to get those telethon trinkets, ...hmmm stomps off!

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  9. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Just a note on address verification.. now I don't know how it's being handled as is BUT.. address verification can be very finicky. It doesn't take much to break it.

Example:

123 ave W apt A2
    is fine...

123 ave. w A2
    is NOT fine and will cause errors in verification

As a general rule of thumb.. address verification hates anything non-alpha numeric. Missing apartment or suite numbers or such numbers missing the APT or STE might also cause issues.

That said, I'm not certain Portalarium is even using any system to actually verify addresses, but when I hear people say their address won't stay validated the first thing that comes to my mind is 'is your address entered correctly?' You would be amazed at all the creative (and incorrect) ways people enter their addresses online.

Just a thought. May be relevant, may be not.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  10. Godra

Godra Avatar

All I can say is it’s find and verified with green. I purchase something from store, mainly during telethons, it says I need to verify my address ands it’s red in color. I verify it and it’s green again. Next months telethon comes, purchase somethingand back to red again. Just rinse and repeat. Been this way for months now.

11. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Thanks for posting an explanation for the delay.

Brugas and Fionwyn Wyldemane like this.
  12. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

All good sir, thanks for the update.It will happen when it happens. In the meantime I will slay more mobs:)

13. Mishra

Mishra Avatar

@DarkStarr I require more double XP to take my mind off the delay. ;)

Brugas likes this.
  14. Apollo32

Apollo32 Avatar

Hey I get delays...It happens to everyone. I am very pleased with the detail of what went wrong and how everything was affected.

Keeping clients informed of issues is always a great thing!!!!
    Issues were explained and how they were being dealt with. Couldn't ask for more!!!!

Thank you for telling us what happened!. Some will not be happy either way, but now I know what happened and I am pleased from what you explained to us.

15. Arcanoxer

Arcanoxer Avatar

Wow, that was exactly my problem and now my adress is verified!
    1B instead of 1 B did the trick for me.

Cheers! :)

16. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

@DarkStarr could you please inform us about the expected delivery time and customs?
    Vacation time here (Bavaria) starts in 10 days and I will be off in ~ 5 weeks. Not possible to get the package from customs while off :-(

Brugas likes this.
  17. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

@DarkStarr After reading this thread, I learned that my address keeps getting unverified each telethon when I buy something. After I verified it 2-3 times, I figured it was all good and just a standard disclaimer that I needed to verify my address, which I had already done numerous times. I just checked it and it said it couldn't verify my address as it was. I clicked to verify it again JUST NOW. And it says it's verified.

So, since it was showing as unverified since the last telethon (or possible the last 30-60 days since I hadn't checked it), is my box going to be further delayed? Is there someone else we need to check with to make sure our address is as it should be?

Brugas, Fionwyn Wyldemane and Vyrin like this.
  18. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

You weren't the only one. I assumed exactly the same thing... so let's just hope they went with what they had whether it was considered verified or not.

Fionwyn Wyldemane and Sentinel2 like this.
  19. Shadow

Shadow Avatar

I'm still somewhat nervous, that there's not been any discussion of the printing and signing of the novels. I know it was stated that they wouldn't "fit" in the game box, but I don't think the printing or signing part has been confirmed. I haven't been able to keep up to date on all of the telethons, has anyone seen any product samples or discussion? Since they were going to ship completely separate, I'm not sure where they fit in to the delays discussed? @DarkStarr

20. Blackghost

Blackghost Avatar

Good point !
    An update would be great.

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.