Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Launcher-process doesn't close correctly and can't be killed - game can't be started after update

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Rentier, Jul 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

1. Title: Launcher-process doesn't close correctly and can't be killed - game can't be started after update
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100% after update (3rd time happening in QA only)
    3. Blocker? Yes can't start QA-Session without machine shutdown
    4. Details:
      its the launcher

so I downloaded and installed the new QA-build and then if it says "play" I close the window with the X in the right upper corner.

the windows with the sota launcher closes but the process is still running

in Taskmanager i right click kill-process - but that is not working -> process can't be killed (with admin rights!)

if starting the QA-Launcher again it says
      "Error During Update
      Another instance of this patch client is already running.,
      closing this instance...
      Retry-button"

only a clean restart to my machine does help

starting the launcher after the restart: it works fine as long as there is no update...

5. Steps to Reproduce: see above
    6. User Specs: Launcher 116, Game 716 or 718 or 719 (each update) / Win 7 64Bit others see my sig

2. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

I can’t say I had it where the process never died to the point I then couldn’t just wait. However I have had to crash it out. I’ve certainly reported the patcher being incredibly slow to exit of its own choice.

Rentier likes this.
  3. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

yes it was always slow, but if i closed the window the task also closed completely and didn't stay and lock me out to play the game

4. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

BTW you do know that you dont always have to run the patcher, you can just run shroud of the avatar.exe - obviously if there is a patch you'd miss out but if you check the patch page you can skip the launcher if you know you have the current one

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.