SOTA Boxed Edition - Amazon

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Arya Stoneheart, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

There are some in this community who don't want to deal with what actually "is", but rather what they would "like" the game (including people's reactions to it), to be.

And as a result they apparently don't see any problem engineering a scenario where only one opinion is allowed; they think that's a normal thing to do. One-sided is fine.

Of course to anyone with a sense of fair play and balance, this is absolutely cray-cray. I would like to think "most" people here can see that. Nothing is all-good or all-bad.

Alexander, Sir_Hemlock, Bigg and 6 others like this.
  2. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Lots of the ol' "playing the victim" here. There's a difference of a normal every day joe who does not like the game for various reasons vs the old social engineers who literally spend their entire existence attacking the game (thousands of hours literally grinding hate) with extreme cray cray conspiracy theory. Those are the ones who typically harp on about "people dont let negative people talk"... mostly because thats part of their social engineering agenda.

These people constitute the vast bulk of the negativity. The normal joe puts up a few posts saying "I dont like the game for this reason" and move on to go live their lives. Ive never seen a person like this ever get talked down here or anywhere else.

I havent yet looked but I would bet the same 5 names pop up with hate on SOTA on that Amazon sell. These same 5 people and named pop up on ever single review I have ever seen of this game in comments. They have THAT much time in life to do such things... I just dont get it.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
    Brugas and Lord Trady of Blix like this.
  3. kazeookami

kazeookami Avatar

Three people, none of whom could have possibly ordered the game, left reviews. None of them own it. It's pretty obvious that the item got locked down so only people that have a verified purchase after that 1 star review got put up. So your statement about not being able to write a review unless you order from Amazon, is a blatant lie. The fact that there are three reviews there proves that your statement is a blatant lie.

4. Katu

Katu Avatar

I would probably rate this with 3 stars. Rated not recommended at steam, because there its so black and white, either you recommend or not.
    No matter where the reviews come, there's always this same discussion that all the negative reviews are from trolls.
    Let me tell you one thing, one thing that I truly believe: As long as negative reviews are viewed as pure troll, the game can't reach it's peak state, that it deserves.

Few people can't possibly drag a game down, if there's so many more satisfied players around that could and should give reviews, reflecting their views. But they aren't. Even thou my review is not positive, it's still my view about the game. I can see why someone would give this a 1 star, but I also see reasons for 5 star. With good reasoning, I'm ok for both. There are players, who just wait for the promised physical goods and they are out.

Players who have invested in the game, want's it's success, so they give super positive review, even if they know about problems.
    Players who have invested in the game, were disappointed by the game, so they give super negative review, even if they like some aspects of the game.
    Its the feelings, expectations, reality, humans. Labeling everything as a troll, only hurts this game.

TL; DR
    Negative review as it is, does not mean its trolling.
    As long as we keep saying, everything is ok, its not.

PS: Haven't logged in a while, I still keep coming to boards, waiting for something, that I can't even name out. Not trolling, not hating, just waiting.

Edit: Just noticed that theres mature rating pending. Nice

Meniketti and Azzamean like this.
  5. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Or place a comment at the review to point out what you think isn't correct with the given information.

Katu and Rufus D`Asperdi like this.
  6. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Only elite amazon reviewers can put up a review. When I tried I got: This item is currently only eligible for Amazon Verified Purchase reviews. Please visit our Customer Reviews Guidelines and About Amazon Verified Purchase Reviews for more details.

7. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I really wish people could read. I said you could only submit a OWNED review if you purchase from Amazon. You can review anything you want, but I was responding to someone who wanted to put in an owned review, which is not possible because the boxed edition has not yet been released.

8. Blackghost

Blackghost Avatar

Those updates are based on a finished game. To add content or to fix bugs . EVE is finished, they're just adding content to make the experience better. But in his core, the game is finished.
    There is a HUGE difference between DLC , updates and an unfinished game . What about PS4? They have online games too, are they unfinished. Xbox, Switch.
    I would suggest you to write an email to the devs on those platforms and see if the their game is unfinished. You might be surprised……….
    If you keep adding parts on your car, does it mean you bought an unfinished product ?

9. Xandra7

Xandra7 Avatar

I don't mean to be picking on you, but when you criticize these people accusing them of "social engineering" remember "when you point a finger at someone there are 3 fingers pointing back at you".

Everything was a bit rushed with SoTA, starting with the kickstarter not accurately describing what they wanted to create, early persistence and release, or other reasons, what ever the case may be when any product is released
    before it is ready you have to expect negative reviews. Folks with negative experience will share their experience with others.

cobran, Alexander, Preachyr and 6 others like this.
  10. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

This thread already contains many examples of people trying to social engineer on the positive side. Flood with positive reviews! Report negative ones! Accuse the negative reviewers of everything you can! It's the same "hate" (although I would never use that word) and obsessive behavior directed in the other direction. Good for you Xandra7 for pointing out hypocrisy for what it is.

11. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Well........ everyone in Crooked Shank will become hostile to you after a certain point.

That’s about it though....

MrBlight likes this.
  12. Selene

Selene Avatar

Won't let me post a review. Says I am biased. (weird?)

Anyone else getting that message?

13. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Sorry, we are unable to accept your review of this product.
    This product currently has limitations on submitting reviews. There can be a number of reasons for this, including unusual reviewing activity.

14. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Did you guys know you can link a non steam "alt" account to steam and write a review? Dont even need to use steam afterward to play the game as it will still run with old login pass directly. I did it few day ago took me 10 minute. (While we talking about review..)

15. 3devious

3devious Avatar

I'm not sure that he's so malevolent. He could just be wrong, not a liar. (Some of the people I work with respond to being told that they are wrong is as insulting as if you had called them a liar.) From what I've seen of @Browncoat Jayson since the end of Kickstarter I don't think he'd mislead people to be a jerk or anything.
    We want folks to kick Portalarium's butt for stuff they did wrong not because the internet goon squad has an agenda. Some of us also get creeped out by how blindly people praise our game when it seems like they haven't played a decent RPG in 20 years.
    Let's just grab some drinks, kick back and watch how this plays out. We can start a pool on how things are going to play out. Anyone interested?

16. Corv

Corv Avatar

Social engineering. Starman knows all about it, as long as it goes the other direction :)

Sir_Hemlock likes this.
  17. redfish

redfish Avatar

I think we should all have a vote on whether there should be a moratorium on the term "social engineering."

Cordelayne and MIdnightvalkyrie like this.
  18. 3devious

3devious Avatar

I don't think we want to wear the hat (too hot for summer)

19. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

The following message is classified 'NBC' Non-Banworthy Content, 'NR' Non-Reportable & 'NF' Nobody's Fool

No no. By all means. Let him keep using the term. It suits him ;)

Its like he is giving readers pre-warning. As soon as they see 'social engineering o_O' they know what they have.

Canterbury likes this.
  20. Feldon Grimshaw

Feldon Grimshaw Avatar

So ... getting back to the title of this post. Does anyone (@DarkStarr perhaps) have an ETA on when this will be available? I'd LOVE to order it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.