Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Unicorn Weapons - Lacking visually (IMO)

Discussion in 'Release 56 QA Feedback' started by Daxxe Diggler, Jul 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I just crafted one each of the new unicorn horn daggers and spears and IMO, they are all very bland and do not in any way give the look of being crafted from a unicorn horn. In fact, you can barely even tell the difference between the light and dark versions. I put a spiffy looking Shard of Night dagger down as a comparison.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hopefully, these are just placeholder images until something cooler replaces them.

I think the issue is because they are crafted using the normal "dagger" and "spear" recipes, so they are taking the look of the basic versions with just different stats.

Here's what a plain old Copper Dagger looks like next to them:

[​IMG]

I'll try to get some unicorn hairs later tonight and craft some bows... but I suspect they will have plain old bow appearances too since they are also made using the basic bow recipes.

Anyway, just thought I'd post my feedback on these so far. Really hope they get some unique looking visuals for such special weapons.

2. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

I do not see any 2H Axes!!!
    Are there unicorn 2H axes???

3. Snakyy

Snakyy Avatar

Those weapons....don't seems to be ANY better than we can currently craft. Nothing interesting, flashy or make me think "Wow thats special stuff from unicorm material". They are simply...meh

Actually....these weapons seems to be sub-bar to most currently crafted weapons. So nothing new ...really....

Fruck and Chatele like this.
  4. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

No. So far, there are only daggers, spears, bows, and crossbows (the last two requiring bowstrings made from unicorn hair).

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Do you know what the bonuses for the bowstrings are?

6. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

No. I'm not able to solo the unicorns by myself but I can do it with 2 accounts... but unfortunately, the group shield is broken so I can't get both of mine in the scene to kill them for the hair.

*EDIT*
    OK, I was just able to acquire the Unicorn Hairs in the offline version. Now, I know these stats will vary depending upon your virtue status, and I don't know how high/low my offline char is with them... so these could potentially be better with optimum virtue standings. But, from what I see, the Dark/Light Sylvan Bowstrings are not all that great compared to other current options:

With the Light Sylvan Bowstrings I was getting +2.6 Dexterity and +2.6% Weapon Critical Chance
    With the Dark Sylvan Bowtrings I was getting -2.6 Dexterity and -2.6% Weapon Critical Chance

For comparison, here are stats for other similar style bowstrings:

Elven Bowstring +3 Dexterity and +5% Weapon Critical Chance
    Imbued Elven Bowstring (Precision) +5 Dexterity, +5% Weapon Critical Chance and +5% Aimed Shot Damage

That last one clearly is superior to the unicorn hair versions unless extreme virtue adds a third stat also.

So, in conclusion, the unicorn components all seem to not only provide you with a bland looking weapon but also has subpar stats as well. Unless either or both of those factors change, I'd say don't bother unless you just want the bonus "new recipe" producer xp bonus to make them.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.