NPC Vendors

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Arianna, Jul 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arianna

Arianna Avatar

Please can we have an option for the trading menu to open straight away? Like it used to before this latest release, just by clicking on the vendor.

Pretty please with sugar on top :)

Witcheypoo and Razimus like this.
  2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

If you hold down the ALT key when you click the NPC the shop/bank/trade will open directly.

There is also an option in the settings to switch that to default.

Happy hunting

Spoon

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
  3. Lained

Lained Avatar

Options > Interface > Skip Conversation With Merchants.

Also holding down Alt works too, though I'd prefer it it was reversed as more often than not you want to trade rather than converse.

Edit: Sniped.

4. Arianna

Arianna Avatar

5. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

Is it working? I tried it yesterday, and it didn't for me.

6. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

It works with regular NPC merchants, but it doesn't seem to work with POT NPC merchants.

Edit: added the word merchants to the text for clarification.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    Tiina Onir likes this.
  7. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Just thought I'd add a note of clarification here because the topic title was not describing what I thought this thread was about...

I know in the real world, Vendors and Merchants sort of mean the same thing. But here in SOTA they are very distinct things:

"Vendors" are either player's vendors and/or public (NPC) vendors - which is a means to buy/sell stuff from/to other players.

"Merchants" should be used when talking about NPC's that buy/sell game server created goods. So, the title of this thread should have been NPC Merchants.

I didn't mention this to be a jerk... just trying to help with the crusade to unify terminology and to help limit confusion.

Carry on, and glad the community already helped solve the issue. :D

Lained likes this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yes please. I only want to see the conversation window if I'm doing a quest. Most of the time, I just want the goods window.

9. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

The OP is 100% right, when you click on vendors, many a time, post-patch, this is a brand new bug/feature, the windows don't appear, they don't pop up, it greatly effects the quality of life in this game, I literally just clicked a trainer NPC and he gave me a bunch of options that had nothing to do with training, I literally had to type "train" in the window, do you think new players will have patience with this, the inclination to want to type train every time, or buy every time, or even know how to do it? It is frustrating and not a feature, unless the 'feature' intention is to cause frustration, this burden is similar to the items not auto-stacking in the bank anymore, spending way too much time manually typing in the name of each item instead of dropping them in the bank as of a few patches ago and it's still not fixed. It causes players to log out and not log in, but it's perfect and just ignore it, new players will ignore it, by not logging in, and that's a problem

Witcheypoo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.