Ok the math on Taming what exactly is it.... cause i am kinda amused

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Boradic Boneslasher, Jul 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boradic Boneslasher

Boradic Boneslasher Avatar

Ok I have tamed all in game that can actually be considered combat pets accept the Ancient Obsidian bear since its bugged an not worth doing yet.. But what I have learned is, I go tame a Obsidian Boar which has around 600+ hp or something like that but after I take it , it has 1200+ hp, now I go tame a razorback an before taming it has 1200+ hp but after it becomes tamed it only has at the lower end of 1400 hp.... Now is my math wrong or is something not adding , starting to feel like when I add 1 + 1 I get 2, but when yall add 1 + 1 sometimes you get 5 an other times yall get 1.1. Just completely confused by the math as a whole that would give 2 complete different creatures 2 different bonuses from the same stats.. So it would be great if I could get any help with this.

amarious and fonsvitae like this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i think the obsidians had around 900, but yeah, it's still off.

3. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Most things in game are on a curve to make sure lower level stuff is useful end-game, to make make more power increasingly and exponentially harder to get

Bambino and Stevvcash like this.
  4. Boradic Boneslasher

Boradic Boneslasher Avatar

But at a point it becomes a loss, an no the weaker ones do not get more powerful they get more hp but there damage is not yuck still really really (but ain't saying the damage of any of them is worth noting hell there skill last 12 seconds is a joke as well), plus what is the point of getting say a wyvern when you take a small pig an it has just as much hp... Been a tamer forever an to say ok we ware helping the weak seem stronger but make the stronger gain nothing an begin to lose the higher you go makes no sense at all

fonsvitae likes this.
  5. Floors

Floors Avatar

He's right tho, jackass or not. It's hard to read the way you write and if you focus on it, it might help you get better responses.

My take on it : This is a game and there's some unrealistic things. Why is there a shardfall in westend when you look out to sea ? There's none on the map... it could go on reductio ad absurdum.

Nikko likes this.
  6. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

If the Westend things is true (I haven't seen it) then that's just bad world-building. If you say it didn't need to be there, than it would have been easier not to add it. So why?

Besudes, a deeper point than math is that the value is calculated somehow - even if it's just a table lookup. So the OP is asking how the numbers get determined. Good question. Why? Because it might be bugged unless someone can give a coherent answer.

We have non-native English speakers on the forum so I would tread lightly with such critique. Even if that's not the case here, you can tell someone in a PM. A public comment is very poor form. You too Lord Trady for jumping on the bandwagon. Geez do we have so many players that we actively try to get people to go away?

Chatele, Crendel, Jens_T and 12 others like this.
  7. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Can i ask what they changed about taming in Detail?

8. moxiepilot

moxiepilot Avatar

How do you guys even know how many HP a creature has?

9. Floors

Floors Avatar

If you turn on that feature you can see everything's HP.

moxiepilot likes this.
  10. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

To be on-topic, it seems like the two animals should get a similar percentage increase over the un-tamed version, so they should definitely look into this as possibly unintended.

11. Bambino

Bambino Avatar

Hez asking bout maths tho

amarious likes this.
  12. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Not adding.
    The health of a pet is unfortunately not derived as a formula based on the health of the creature.
    Instead the pet object has its own values with a min health dmg etc and how it scales due to skill. Those values are simply put in by the devs and it is usually similar to the mob object but not always. Instead sometimes they have put in the wrong value and sometime they put in lower values on the high level ones for balance.
    If you find a specific pet/mob that is very off then I'd advice bug reporting it. If you do then it is very important that you include your taming skill tree so that they know the scaling skills, especially specialization.
    Although taming bugs usually get attention only when they do an overhaul.

Bambino and Boradic Boneslasher like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.