Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Crashing on worldmap

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by fragmeister13, Jul 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fragmeister13

fragmeister13 Avatar

Today after the update I started off in the Kiln dungeon area and moved around some, then left to the town and finally the worldmap. Once I reached the worldmap, I heard sound repeating and experienced a total crash. Could not exit out of the program. Could not use ctrl-alt-del. Had to turn off/on the computer.

Tried again. Loaded directly to worldmap. Ran around a little bit.. then I see a unity window pop up with the SOTA logo on it and the whole program crashes again. I was able to ctrl-alt-del that time though. Can't really provide a log due to hard crashing.

2. fragmeister13

fragmeister13 Avatar

Ok and on the third attempt, I entered my guild's town and walked around some.. Unity pop up again with SOTA logo on it and a progress bar then crash.

I meet the recommendation of 12 GB of RAM, I7, etc so I'm pretty sure it's not a hardware issue on my end. Also, other games are not crashing. I guess I will add that I am using the Steam version. Giving up for today.

3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

What video card do you have, and do you have the latest driver?

4. fragmeister13

fragmeister13 Avatar

Nvidia Gforce GTX 750 Ti

Driver version 398.11

5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Interestingly I have the exact same card and driver. Everything is working fine for me, no crashing.

You might possibly want to try a un-install and re-install? Could possibly have a corrupted file?

wizardsmoke, fragmeister13 and Feeyo like this.
  6. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Yes this sounds like a corrupted .unity3d file on your disk. What you can try is remove all the update files from the Downloaded data directory and restart the patcher. If this does not help try uninstalling and re-installing the game from scratch.

wizardsmoke and fragmeister13 like this.
  7. fragmeister13

fragmeister13 Avatar

I gave it another shot today and noticed an auto-update from Steam. Today it played just fine for hours! The update must have fixed the corrupted file.

Thanks.

wizardsmoke and Jaesun like this.
  8. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Yes probably, as on Steam you will download the full game every time there is an update.
    Good to hear it fixed it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.