Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Oracle Collossus magic barrier

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by moxiepilot, Jul 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moxiepilot

moxiepilot Avatar

07/29/2018 16:22
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker? yes
    Details: Input correct sequence last week to drop barrier. After update barrier has returned, so now the steps to unlock the barrier must be performed again. Tedious and unnecessary.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8) System RAM: 16267
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 GPU RAM: 6061
    SotA.Win.64.816.Date.07.27.18
    Area: Novia_R6_Volcanic01_02
    Area Display Name: Oracle Colossus
    Loc: (88.0, 161.6, -313.1)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjZfVm9sY2FuaWMwMV8wMnx8KDg3Ljk4MiwgMTYxLjYzOSwgLTMxMy4wODMpfCgwLCAwLjQzMiwgMCwgLTAuOTAyKXw2NjQuNDg0fDIuMTk5MjA4fDQuOTg2ODE=

2. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Unfortunately this is really more of feedback than a critical bug. You also have to sometimes redo the barrier if you die, it is intentional that you have to work hard, get it right, and do it in one go.

3. moxiepilot

moxiepilot Avatar

Appreciate the feedback, how about you let the devs decide what is feedback versus bugs?

4. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

It's OK to report this sort of feedback using the bug report system. It might be a good idea to start the subject line with "Feedback" (for example, "Feedback: Oracle Colossus Magic Barrier").

In the case of this barrier, it's unlikely we'll change how this barrier works. It's intentional that the barrier is always at the same starting point when the scene starts up. It's never been the case that the barrier automatically opens after a player has unlocked it on previous occasions. Someone (anyone) needs to unlock the barrier each time the scene begins.

Jaesun likes this.
  5. moxiepilot

moxiepilot Avatar

Thanks for the clarification. I reported it as a bug because I didn't know if this was intentional or not. I'd rather it get the attention it needed rather than get lost in a mound of feedback. Since it is intentional to have the player enter the currect sequence every time the scene loads, carry on...

Sannio likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.