1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Training Dummy and Co-Owners

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by CrandalltheFoole, Aug 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

The Lot Owner presently has to be in game with the Training Dummy in order for others to use it.
    My wish is that Co-Owners could also have permission to be the one present so that a Training Dummy can be used, when the Owner is doing other things.

2. Sid

Sid Avatar

A little bump on this topic.

Here are a few more details regarding this issue:

- No matter what the permissions are from the owner of a house, it is impossible to use a training dummy if the owner is not physically present at the same time
    - Unlike said in the previous post, the owner not only has to be online, but has also got to be in the same area - let me explain: if the owner is in the same village/town/etc... then the dummy is usable. If the owner then goes in the Novia overworld, or even in his own basement, in the same house/same town, it is still not possible for other players to use that dummy no matter what permission are given to the said players. I guess the owner have to be in the same instance in order for that dummy to be usable.

This must be a bug but please let us know if this is intended, and if so why?

Gravidy, Witcheypoo and Daigoji Gai like this.
  3. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

It seems like it should be a bug.

It might be an effort to prevent AFK training, although I can't speculate as to why the homeowner is excepted.

Or it might have been som3 manner of compromise made behind closed doors to the tune of players wanting placeable dummies, devs believing it would create AFK training, and both sides compromising to the benefit of the landed gentry.

Perhaps its some manner of anti-vagrancy measure designed to keep the homeless proletariot in their place - Jaanaford! :D

Gravidy and Daigoji Gai like this.
  4. Sid

Sid Avatar

Oh and just in case:

10/12/2018 01:30
    Title: Training Dummy and Co-owner
    Reproduction Rate: ?
    Blocker? Skill advancement blocker?
    Details: Already given
    Steps to Reproduce: Get owner of the house in which the dummy is placed out of the area, and dummy is unusable
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8) System RAM: 32731
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.847.Date.10.04.18
    Area: POT_swamp_metropolis_01a_template/Veritas Sanctuary
    Area Display Name: Veritas Sanctuary
    Loc: (-92.1, 41.2, 428.7)
    Debug: UE9UX3N3YW1wX21ldHJvcG9saXNfMDFhX3RlbXBsYXRlfFZlcml0YXMgU2FuY3R1YXJ5fCgtOTIuMTM0LCA0MS4yMDEsIDQyOC43Myl8KDAsIC0wLjk1NywgMCwgMC4yOSl8MTkwLjU4ODl8MjIuMzU4ODJ8NS44OTg5MTI=

Duke Aventine and Daigoji Gai like this.
  5. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

Yeah its a known feature and is working as expected (note not intended).

Simply they made the training dummy work as a player pet so if the player isnt in the zone the logic for the pet isnt. One day no doubt it will get fixed but thats why it is how it is.

I know thee was also a bug whee if a tenant placed it then they couldnt use or even remove it and owner had to send it to bank, not sure if that got fixed.

For now only option is use own house / pulic dummy / a gustball, but gustballs have low hp now so not very useful.

Daigoji Gai likes this.
  6. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

Sorry to derail the thread slightly but what are the benefits of using a practice dummy to raise a skill over doing the same while fighting mobs ?

Is it simply that you can easily repeat the skill over and ivet, even though it means you are draining your XP pool with no opportunity to top it up as you go ?

7. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

There are several possible benefits:
    - you could train with GM support
    - you could train a skill you normally do not use, but you need for the next tier in the tree
    - you have a potion of guidance and want to use it before it expires
    - you have a huge pool from UT and want to start a new school, you could level the base skills, visit a trainer once for all new available skills and continue

8. Justice Owen

Justice Owen Avatar

Shame we didn't know this before we wasted mats making it. You think the person placing it would at least be able to use it regardless of lot status.

9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Maybe if training dummies had permissions also. Right now if you right click on them you can Dismiss, rename, and pick up but no permissions can be set. And one problem atm is ownership, co-owners are not owners. There is some protection to this perhaps.

Still permissions do need another pass to let the owners decide on some things and training dummies are buggy anyway. They need some work.

Sometimes they are unmovable and sometimes you see them floating in the sky. I had one I could not move out of the doorway for anything. Then the next day I could. I'm sorry @Justice Owen it doesn't work for you and hopefully it will get fixed. ;)

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
  10. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

The issue here is that in order for us to be able to attack a training dummy, it has to be labeled as an NPC. The NPC is essentially a "pet" of the lot owner (regardless of who places it on the lot). So, when the lot owner is offline, the pet goes dormant.

What I don't understand though is why can we attack the public training dummy or practice targets in places like The Rise or Soltown? They are basically an NPC too, and nobody owns them.

What they need to do is make training dummies have similar permissions set like the Player Vendors. Either that, or change the logic so that the "Owner" of the NPC pet is whoever places it down on the lot (and then we can simply pick it up and put it down again if we want to switch the character who can use it).

majoria70 and CrandalltheFoole like this.
  11. Micmatty

Micmatty Avatar

12. Kyosa

Kyosa Avatar

13. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Previously folks used to train on gustballs because it was a deployable item that could be put anywhere and we didn't run into this problem.

I'd suggest instead of trying to rewrite npc logic or deal with performance impacts of having dummies 'always on' it might be worth it to give the dummies this functionality. You could carry it around, (as with a gustball) and deploy it from your skillbar when needed for training, as long as you were stood in town. When placed down it functions as deco. Gustballs already do this (serve as deco when placed, or a deployable when used) so it would not be that difficult to give the dummies the same flag. That way if you wanted an owner-bound lot training dojo you could still do it, but it would be less practical than just carrying one around and using it wherever.

The main reason we got rid of gustball deployability was because of its mis-use by unscrupulous folks in combat scenes. Simply make it unusable outside town, the cosmetic potions/jump potions etc. have this flag so again, its something that already exists.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  14. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I believe this is something that will be fixed when scriptable NPCs come online. The tech to make these items work without an owner needs to be added.

15. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

However a co-owner can dismiss one, and place it on their avatar's property and use it, then return it to the original property.

16. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I've recently been playing ESO. I noticed a similar problem there as well.

At least in SOTA, if there are training dummies or targets in a NPC town, anyone can use them.

In ESO, nada. I was a bit surprised they existed but served no purpose. At least none that I could figure out after 8 hours of game play ;D

Still, it would be nice if ANYONE could use training dummies should the owner desire.

17. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Looks like you can only use ones you craft or solve a quest for, on property you own? https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/326193/training-dummies

Sentinel2 likes this.
  18. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

I have more than one avatar, under different accounts, and am co-owner for each others properties. I can dismiss a training dummy as a co-owner and move it to my property, where I can use it. I can then dismiss it and put it back where I picked it up.

There are training dummies in some POT areas that are usable by anyone, such as on the top of the big hill in Blood Bay. Plus they are in the Outskirts areas.

19. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

He was talking about dummies in Elder Scrolls Online.

Mishikal likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.