Why do we still have two different Deed Types

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cryodacry, Jul 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sol Stormlin

Sol Stormlin Avatar

I think it would bring more people into the game and preserve those people if they got rid of taxes. I dont see how it would cause any economic issues by not having them. l think those empty towns wouod be full. I also think people would be more apt to buying lots from people and the addon store since there would be no restrictions.

2. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

It would do that and also make in Game gold nearly worthless. I agree it would fill towns but it would also crash the economy.

3. Sol Stormlin

Sol Stormlin Avatar

How?

4. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Its easy enough. PA tax free were offered only in pledges before release and that is set in stone period. Changing it devalues the price of peoples lots and it wont happen. Cry about RMT all you want but its a fact and it was baked into this game since day 1 (so why 5 years later continue to rail on it). So this convo is generally just another anti-RMT hot topic discussion by the usual instigators.

At least you have a shot at taxed PA deeds still.

I sold both my pledge keep and village deed so I dont even have a horse in the race. I love living in my guild PoT.

Elwyn likes this.
  5. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

Sol, Besides Reagents.... What is pulling gold out of the economy ? We already have massive inflation of gold in the game because more gold is entering the game than leaving it. Getting rid of Taxes on Deeds would shut of the only major sink in our economy.

Adam Crow likes this.
  6. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

That is hardly the case and this is a sad attempt to derail the conversation. This is not about RMT ... that is it's own animal . It's about the fact that we have ghost towns and a deed should be just that ... a Deed ... TF / Taxed Founder Deeds could still keep their Founder flavor text but the reality is we have ghost towns all over Novia. Why are we not enabling people to fill these towns ?

7. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

To be clear, there is NO inflation of gold in this game, there is only minor changed due to supply and demand. I have generally sold the same stuff for the same amount of gold since persistance. Some things have gone up only due to DEMAND and only recently. Wood for example is raising because its now hard to find because everyone is buying it for 2x crafting (a special circumstance). I have sold 20,000,000 gold worth of stuff of my vendor in the past 8 months and prices have not changed at all. Even COTO have been stable for a very very long time and they may drop soon due to more supply due to the new monthly subscription.

There are MASSIVE volumes of gold leaving the economy right now, massive gold sinks due to 2x crafting. I have dumped hundreds of thousands of gold into basic crafting mats (like coal) in the past few months as has most players. I spent 500,000 gold yesterday alone on crafting mats (some gold and silver from players too)

Think about this, Elrond asked to raise the number of flasks for sale on vendors from 100 to 10000. thats how many he buys and burns through, each purchase would be hundreds of thousands of gold sunk out of the game. Do you think hes going to be able to actually sell those potions? No, because everyone can make potions.

Finally if you doubt it, get the web link to BMC's in game pricing guide which they update weekly, nothing has changed much since persistence.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    Elwyn likes this.
  8. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

You clearly didnt read what I said. Indeed, the question is why there are still PA and PoT only deeds. I explained to you that the reason is that PA tax free came for pledges only and they have VALUE. They are not going to change this and devalue peoples lots that they may have pledged up to $10,000 for. That is RMT value. Can you see that now?

At best, I bet you will be able to buy PA tax free deeds to be placed only in EP2 land.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  9. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

It's pretty simple. There are a lot of players that paid for PA deeds and by changing the value of them, they would be upset. There's really no arguing that.

Upset players is bad for the game.

Doing nothing and keeping the mechanics for deeds the same will upset 0 players.

What you are proposing will upset players.

There are tons of alternate solutions to the problems you're using in your argument that would work workout changing the value/mechanics of deeds.

Elwyn likes this.
  10. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

Just curious - when did they inflate? When I stopped playing I'd been buying them for most of the time I'd been playing at 2.5k approx - now they are 4k

MrBlight and Xandra7 like this.
  11. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

Except for the fact that keeping things the way they are is going to make More towns barren as we introduce newer cooler locations for Deeds in NPC towns in episode 2. But i get it ... you want it to stay exclusive no matter the health of the game. Funny part is that you are arguing over the value of the PA deeds instead of what it would do for the game. You are arguing to keep the special snowflake status versus the compelling logical arguments of what is already happening.

So again how does this hurt the health of the game to allow other people to fill all these other NPC towns ? PRT's are just Empty ... POT's are doing fine for the most part. They are more about communities than anything.

12. Sol Stormlin

Sol Stormlin Avatar

These are the kind of statements that start useless arguments.

There is hardly any gold coming out of mobs. The gold is being generated off of player vendors, as well as RMT because of said vendors. The most common item that generates that much gold are cotos and we all know those are not coming from mobs. I can hardly keep up with taxes, but I have lots that are for my guilds use that I pay for because I feel it's necessary for my guild to have a good sized garden and a crafting pavillion, as well as a nice guild hall. I also like to have homes in roleplay towns because that's part of the fun. It would be great not to have to sell my soul to pay to keep them there when I already sold my soul to buy them in the first place. I won one, a taxable city, which of course I cannot afford to pay taxes on. I believe those barren towns would be full if they got rid of taxes. Addon store sales would contribute to game development, and cotos would be used to buy items off obsidian vendors and repairing armor and weapons. Also, if the economy relies so much on taxes, why are there tax free lots at all?

Finally, if LB wants to inject some realism into the game, have those taxes mean something as they do in real life.

13. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

COTO's inflated to 4k each when they implimented the Crown Merchants in game where you could get all the items from the pledge store in game through the merchants. Crowns are back to hovering at the rent price of them.

14. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Right after persistence, people burned through all their free COTO from pledges and bundles and then they implemented the ability to pay lot taxes (as well as new in game coto merchants) and the basically immediately jumped from 2.5K to ~4K and have been there for quite a long time now. Again, a supply and demand curve thing, COTO's became vastly more in demand especially due the fact that gold was and still is actually really limited in the economy to most players.

15. redfish

redfish Avatar

Taxes are an alternative to fast expiration date, which led to camping house expirations in UO which I think was a horrible mechanic. Paying taxes ensures you still have some commitment to the home.

16. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Sorry, but I would say the same for you. You claimed I was derailing when I was spot on topic so I felt I had to repeat it to you a second time.

17. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

Sol Most gold int he economy comes from weapons being sold to vendors, not from gold dropped by NPC's In addition Selling gems to vendors for 200 gold each. I can show you a pretty easy way of making about 2 million gold a month with regular play. Even with my extreamly casual play i am making about 700k a month still. In fact if you ask @Mac2 he loots everything ... EVERYTHING ... and then he sells it. There is so much gold entering the economy that it's unreal .... The best valuation of Gold in game is to compare it's RMT price .... Gold is now down to $100 per 1 mil. The lowest i've ever seen it.

18. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Interesting, I have heard from people who buy gold that its been harder and harder to find for real money. I sold 20 mil gold myself in a VERY short period of time at $150 per just a few months back. There was HUGE demand for it (sold 1 mil at a time within a hour of posting it). Understand, this tells you that there was a huge demand which indicates a low supply according to any economics theory I know. Largely because the fact is still that gold is hard to come by for the normal player of this game and still pretty rare contrary to what you are saying.

Ask Mac how much gold he sinks into crafting some time.

19. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

Funny part is i know Mac very well... and the majority of his gold doesn't go into crafting supplies ... It's his personal shopping habbits. And i know @Mac2 very well.... I find it hard to believe he spends so much on his own personal shopping but the dude is a collector.

As for the rest of your statement ... that is really really wrong ... and yes you are correct that the price of gold used to be 150 per about 4 months ago. Since then it's been trending downwards over the summer. It might go back up in the winter but the price trending down means there is more gold in the system meaning it's purchasing power is decreasing .... This is pretty simple economics here.

20. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

nope, sorry it has not. I have hundreds of ornates still all over the map in the best selling spots in the game. Everyone tells me they want to buy them but dont have gold (or are needing to keep it for crafting mats)

I have sold VERY little since 2x crafting due to the fact that people are burning it in record number on the mats. Sorry dude, but I'm not seeing your qualifying evidence to make this kind of economic statement. I've given you a multitude of examples and you are still talking about 1 thing (RMT price even after I told you people are not even able to find it for sale any longer).

Again, go up and look at BMC's market pricing guide. It has EVERYTHING on it and the prices aint changed much since persistence.

I still set my vendor pricing at 3700 gold per $1 in the add on store. That hasnt changed at all. If your theory was correct, in the past year my items at 3700 should be significant bargains and flying off the shelf.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.