Pvp - not an arguement just a discussion

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by blaquerogue, Jul 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

@Chris, @Lord British, @DarkStarr

I will start off this with, this is not a pvp against pve thread, if you dont like pvp cool, if you do cool! This is basically asking people who pvp or like pvp to put forth thier suggestions to make it better, more balanced etc..
    @Stundorn
    ,@Lord Trady of Blix, @Violette Dyonisys, @Bambino, @Gustach

So heres my take on it..first off in every other game i play, i play pvp. Not too much in this one unfortunately, i just dont like the way its set up, i do go pvp sometimes but its boring and useless.

If i was to set up pvp in this game, it would be like the following...
    (I mentioned this in another thread which made me start this one.)

If you are going to be a jack of all trades skill cap would be 80 in all.
    If you decided to specialize say in bludgeons 120-140 cap, specialze in hvy armor 120 -140 then the rest of the skills would have a cap of 60. If i wanted to change up to some other spec i would have to turn arrow to down to lose exp back into exp pool, to level 60 in those skills before i could re spec into say, swords and light armor. Two things would happen noone would be OP, and you can still be whatever you want in this game "classless". Then pvp would have a more balanced set up. Better drops from opponents as well...

what if we could chose any 3 things off a persons body? Let the oracle set what it is worth
    To reclaim?

If we finally get an option to store gold in the bank then we would also get any gold or resource on the body.

Titles - yeah we like some titles , the vile, the great etc...

Different guilds could hold resource hostage, until another comes along and defeats them ( beginning of guildwars)

Pvp only scene - so others know you can be killed here. ( a choice )

Alot of this can also be emplemented for Pve by having titles and protect the shipment quests) all game generated and only non-flagged can do it! Ill leave this open for someone to post in THEIR THREAD.

Ok back to pvp....

more pvp oriented quests!

Pvp oriented loot

Please port just stop trying to get non-pvp interested in pvp, let them do it on thier own!!!! This causes so much flak in the forums between pvp and non pvp!!

Just some personal thoughts, looking forward to hearing from others that like Pvp as well to see what kind of ideas you have.

****** If i see a post heading off topic or starting some crap with somone because of their opinion i will report you immediately! Im tired of a simple discussion turning into a battle we all have our opinions have at least general respect for each other

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  2. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

To me pvp is the salt in the soup, especially for roleplaying.
    I'm neither white/ blue nor black/red, Stundorn walk they Grey Path.
    If i RP a Viking like Person sometimes the best solution in a dispute is a battle.
    If i as a Roleplayer who roleplays some sort of Explorer , a Pilgrim, a seeker of knowledge i shall explore and RP in Ruins and Shardfalls... etc...

Time related i play casual. 10 max 20 hrs a week, mostly not in the weekend because i have a child, a dog and a sidecar, but no wife :D

Next thing is, i may not super good, but also not completely bad at pvp.
    In games with no levels and only playerskill counts i'm mediocre to the upper third, depends on game of course.
    In Conquerors Blade beta i was mostly a top player, i do well in Sea of Thieves and other games. What i want to say is, if it is about playerskill in the first line, i can have fun and i dont mind to loose sometimes, i dont mind if there are some pro's i cannot beat as long as i am not always loosing and stay no chance anyway.

For SotA without any caps and the way the system is setup pvp is behind a huge wall of progress to do.
    I said it many times I played this game +1700 hours and i have most skills at 80 and still train most innates and Stat skills what are all below 80.
    To get a competetive char i also need to train schools and skills i dont like, i dont use.
    I quickly exhaust on grinding, although i like combat in general.
    1hr constant fight in UT and i'm exhausted doing so. Before i killed Elves in Crag Foothills and sometimes i died.
    While UT is a blast of Xp i dont feel i contribute that much too the group, i again feel worthless more or less only there to get the XP.
    So in short. I dont like to grind 500hrs UT now to get some GM and innates high and to start in specializing and grind another 500hrs.
    If that is the thing you need to do for PvP to become competetive it's too much for me. I already said 2 years ago , await me in 2025 ready for pvp.
    But i was already exhausted on grind and the minimal return you get from adventuring.
    You know these players who grinded CP's, K'rul, switchmode farming bosses etc. arent my playstyle.
    I am here for immersive roleplaying including pvp. If you think a casual, a roleplayer and pvp wont fit, you are wrong as hell.

PvP to me is fun if i know there is a balance and for endgame it's an even playing field.

I wont reach that here.
    You ask to grind for that a lot.

Ok i asked for caps and limiting trees and others say there are already caps.
    Ok fine, but to reach that and feel ready to pvp it's too much and exhausting repetetive gameplay for me to do.

If things dont change and become more casual friendly ,the game just is not for me. PvP in this game is not for me like it is designed with the attunement resistancies thing, the immense amount of progressing and branching out into all magic trees and the gear you need.

All this are showstopper for me.

As long as there are players who have double my HP, do 3times the damage i can do, as long as i'm a onehit i have zero incentive or fun doing pvp.
    And btw tournaments arent something my Characters doing, just because of roleplaying not a combatant who enjoy tournaments.

Nog, Bambino and blaquerogue like this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

As has been started more than once, they are working on a level caps for certain PvP scenes and the option to have it for PvP towns and basements. So, why not see how that pans out?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2018
  4. Gix

Gix Avatar

If there are different level caps for different tiers, then that’d be an interesting proposition for both PvP and PvE... so long as the cap is somewhere above the intended player level as to avoid making leveling up completely pointless for those who want to feel powerful in lower level zones.

Don’t bring everyone down to tier 1 in tier 1 zones, for example, but rather cap to tier 3 power levels in a tier 1.

The powerful are powerful but not unreachable.

Ultimately, they need to introduce a math that combines all attack and defensive capabilities of a player into an attack rating and defensive rating and cap players based on those numbers.

Regardless of how Portalarium does it, it’ll only work if the game communicates the mechanic properly. Players need to know when it happens, where it happens and how it happens.

If they simply cap all skills to 80 (like they do with the trial), then it’s just not going to work. It’s a reachable goal but you’re ultimately forcing everyone to get all skills at 80.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  5. Bambino

Bambino Avatar

No one will go to these capped scenes. Blood Bay, Opalis Ruins... Not a soul in sight. This game needs a revolution - Cap Adv Level/Skill Levels across the board, put that XP into a bottle, let players delegate XP onto multiple avatars. Get all that cringy grindy stuff out of the way, then let's go have fun PvPing, and playing the game in general.

Amber Raine likes this.
  6. Ghostshadow

Ghostshadow Avatar

So open-pvp is pretty much dead to non existent?

7. Bambino

Bambino Avatar

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  8. Floors

Floors Avatar

I'd like to see more team battles in PvP, I think that would be fun. Like how Upper Tears is, except group on group :)

Level cappping skills is really problematic, no takign away skills, but gating PvP to AL could work.

Yes to Titles

No to picking loot (can't let people see what you have)

9. Floors

Floors Avatar

The problem with Open PvP mainly is there are people who have been grinding nonstop since persistence and they lurk around looking for newbies who think they got a little good and can PvP, so they set the flag, walk around, forget about it and the next thing you know you're on fire as someone destroys you in a PvE scene you're in cause you got bored.

The main PvP areas are almost always dead, and even the Obsidian Trials was dead the couple times i went in there as well.

Bambino likes this.
  10. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

PVP seems to have greatly dropped off ever since they made the change that loot drops way higher and bones drop every time. Both of which were terrible ideas. They raised the cost of entry so high into pvp that people just don't bother as the reward doesn't equal the risk. I'm happy they are moving away with expensive loot costs with the new obsidian arenas but they really shot pvpers in the foot with the loot costs all because they listened to a minority that wanted full loot. Cost of entry is a big problem for pvp if you either have to have played forever or have tons of gold just to pvp you probably wont find many people pvping.

11. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

That is because there is no purpose or reason to pvp in this game, I know a lot of you want to loot each other, but that is 1 aspect of pvp that will keep me from trying it.... and running around just killing each other for no specific reason to me is boring ….. I prefer knowing your enemy and defending and taking keeps, castle etc much like what DAOC did …. that's was fun, you knew who your enemies were, and we got to take towers, castles, keeps etc and hold and defend them.... and we got great rewards for doing so.... jmho

Aeryk, Metalton, Dhanas and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.