Incoming Upper Tears Nerf

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Floors, Aug 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fruck

Fruck Avatar

Id actually say its the reverse of a nerf.... My understanding is its a buff in a way - making the mobs harder hehe. This should encourage more grouping! Dont why those that use grouping as an argument for it think making it a bit harder is a bad thing.... Obviously this depends on the extent of the change.

I also think we need to stop worrying about if one zone is more used than another, this happens in every MMO, ever, even if 1 is 1xp point more per hour than another. I liked UT, now I cant stand it - Ill do The Rise and take a bit longer to attune just for variety. Also attunement keeps it all in check anyway...

Rather have time spent on making new zones or other zones better than smacking current ones.

2. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Brother be part of the solution then. What do you propose that would stop the senseless grind and an endgame. I think very few have gone past 150 in any skill so that could be a hard cap to be raised in 10 point increments every new episode. I don’t think anyone has passed AL 140 yet so the same applies to that. In short once we have that in place we can focus on other parts to the game whether it be crafting, decorating or pummeling each other to death for Novian supremacy as a guild, faction etc.

3. redfish

redfish Avatar

People focus on superficial things some times. If the game was really super fun in its core gameplay, all the nerfs in the world wouldn't keep me away from it.

Agreed that there are reasons why people like UT, but if the only lesson devs learn is to never do nerfs, and just always make things super convenient for players, I don't think they'd be doing a good job as devs. There's a lot more substantial lessons to learn from UT. This is in part why I wrote this thread.

4. Bambino

Bambino Avatar

@Boris Mondragon: As stated a couple of pages back, I would simply "get rid of the infinite grind. Set skill/adv/prod lvl caps - Put all your current XP in a bottle, then let player delegate to their avatar(s) in a new skill system with caps. We will no longer have to worry about an issue like this. Otherwise, there will always be a meta place that 90% of the populations hangs out at."

Boris Mondragon and Xandra7 like this.
  5. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Whats the cap there now I was only aware of a single cap tbh? And ive never seen a sc lfg when dbls are running

Last one I saw was pre UT

1. I love the group thing.
    2. I dont mind ut its kinda fun to mindlessly kill sruff this reminds me of diablo.

Its just out of balance risk vrs reward vrs other zones as well. You have realized this @Mac2 ive seen u farming this zone like a boss its good. Mabey to good compaired to everything else?

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    Elwyn likes this.
  6. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

The cap is a mil just like anywhere else, but you can attenuate a group of 8 faster in superstition then you can in UT. Saw a group running superstition last night.

7. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Cool but you can attrnuate 4 man in 35 mins in ut and I wouldnt even think about trying sc with less than 6.

It will be interesting to count the number of sc groups vrs the hundreds of ut groups this weekend.

Im pretty sure it will be 0 to 200 unless someone is hell bent on proving me wrong then it will be 1 - 200.

8. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

If UT will be nerfed, can it wait till I am high level enough to try it in its current state for several weekends?

Current adventuring level: 46

9. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Let me claify im ok with them not nerfing it if they buff the harder more risky stuff.

Buff rise/fall to 2 mill an hour and cps to 3 and it would be a better balance.

10. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I kinda laugh at the people who say UT is an endless XP experience. Im adv lvl 111 now and it would take me ~40ish mil xp to get to 112. Thats 40 solid hours of UT period and the skill gains I get now (taking stuff above 100) are more and more and more minute in their percentages. No matter what I do I am limited in any higher level place to 1 mil (yes even solo in the mage room I can max that out). I have 111 GM's and I can only actively use maybe 20 at one time so what 90% of my XP isnt even being used on any given deck. If we switched to better CP's then it just means the group has to break for 40 mins instead of 30.

It doesn't matter what new thing they may build for a different experience, you're still limited to 1 mil xp and hour.

If I want to farm that 40 hours in UT to get adv lvl 112 then thats my choice... period... dont tell me that its not how I should play the game. Fine, if you think its dull and drum... thats your opinion... dont do it, there is a million other things you can do so dont also claim its ruining the game play. I dont get people who go into the essy and grind ore for 12 hours strait, but more power to them, they choose to do it and probably like it, dont tell them how to play their game. If I want to go into the rise solo and get that 1 mil xp, thats my choice. I simply choose not to spend my time at social party events. If thats what you like to do then more power to you, I dont care and Im not gonna tell you thats how you should play the game. I have a much funner time socially in a killing group then I do at a dance party... my opinion, my game play... my decision... more power to people who play differently. Great thing... we are all humans with vastly different preferences.

If you dont like it fine, dont ruin it for us, spend your time asking them for something new that fits your play style. Stop ruining our fun.

11. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I really only think the reason why we are not seeing these groups is that the LG came out with Tears and it just picked up and took off, everyone knows it. I dont think people know much about CP's any more (I dont) so if some peoples started putting up CP groups in LFG and started training people who join, we would probably see them. I am totally game to join them, Id love to do some thing different then Tears at times. Let try to get some CP groups in the LFG! Its probably the best time to organize this since a lot of people are getting tired of Tears but its the only thing people are organizing.

I know The Mac is a master of CP's :)

12. GMDavros

GMDavros Avatar

13. redfish

redfish Avatar

@2112Starman

Well. I'm going to continue to encourage the devs to make a fun game for as many players as possible, whether or not that interferes with the ability of people to grind 40 hours straight, and I won't apologize for that.

14. Joeziggy

Joeziggy Avatar

" Expect another milder change like last release where the critters get a bit tougher in R57."

Sounds like this thread is about speculation and assumption?

If its a "milder change" It will probably be a great place for people to group still.

My .02

Brass Knuckles likes this.
  15. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

So why don’t people visit the other locations anymore? Specifically why. Are the encounters designed poorly, the layout, terrible XP?

Brass Knuckles likes this.
  16. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I like the rise and still go there, its a bit more risk a death costs me 400k. Ut is no risk faster xp and I can do it while watching a movie.

Stand in one spot and cast banish, vrs having to plan pulls risk death and slower gains is my reason.

Path of least resistance for maximum gain is what I think to specifically anwser your very good question.

Jaesun and Brewton like this.
  17. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Excellent, then you agreed with everything I said. I whole heartily agree with you.

18. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

Control Point

19. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Can get more coin in the fall, can get more exp at superstition.
    Can I watch you stand in one spot and cast banish over and over till you die? Didn't know it was so easy, wonder why all those people die there then?

FrostII and Brewton like this.
  20. Onyx

Onyx Avatar

'tis sad that the ONLY place where players can group up and enjoy the game is in one specific "free xp" location.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.