Don't Reward this Behavior... bring the community together.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chrystoph Reis, Aug 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

This was a 100++ but no one would join so they lowered it. STILL!

[​IMG]

Guys this is not the Rise, this is not Ravensmore, a Dragon Hunt, Ruined Keep or anything remotely close to this requirement. Can we not start excluding parts of the community, as small as it is, on elitist nonsense?

2. Ataniiq

Ataniiq Avatar

Thankfully the LFG system allows > level 90s to join such a wishfully thinking group, and as far as I know there is no way to tell another players Adv. LVL .

What they don't know won't kill 'em? Pun intended.

We did awesome with a thrown together group with a few under 90. Had a grand ol' time.

3. Floors

Floors Avatar

Looking for Group needs a few enhancements. It needs to show start time, break time, level requirement, allow enforcing of level requirements, or not, and allow each group to make the decisions they want.

Also, when you examine other players, you should not be able to see their stats, (INT, DEX, STR) that's a violation of character privacy atm.

I think the idea behind those level requirements is people that want very fast smooth experiences with fast xp.

There's also groups where it says all is welcome, and sometimes groups get started by one individual who writes that crap and then later others just take over the group without changing it, so it isn't necessarily enforced or even wanted either.

I feel like groups should be able to ask for the players they want if they want tho.

When you're in tears, it's not fun if everyone is super OP, and it's not fun if everyone sucks either, it's better when it's balanced.

It's too bad the game can't do any kind of auto scaling of the scene to always be a challenge based on the group.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

You are free to create your own LFG group, @Chrystoph Reis ;)
    I've seen "All welcome" UT groups almost daily.
    Oh, and btw.... Expect to see more of the LFG 100+ UT groups next release, since Chris has said he's gonna make it harder............

5. Dermott

Dermott Avatar

If you thing "elitist" groups are a problem now, wait until they add in Raids.

I also agree 100% with @Lord Trady of Blix that it would work out better overall if the scenes could scale to the player/group in them.

6. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

Perception is everything though... newer players see this and are going to think the level requirements are out of reach and these are the only REGULARLY seen groups during double-XP weekends.

I think it's a very snobby and elitist thing to do. Not everyone is in the know, and all this does is segregate an already small community. I don't join those groups. May go as far as to even start adding them to my block list. They want to be elitist... well 2 can play at that game! However, at least mine will be undercover until they try to join one of my groups and BOOT to the HEAD!

Daigoji Gai and Bambino like this.
  7. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

I'm not doing Tears... quite honestly tired of it. I'm speaking from perception of lower-end guildies, new players, etc. that have commented to me recently. I'm just being a voice to the unheard, those who don't come here. So being snarky... well go take a leap.

Moiseyev Trueden and Daigoji Gai like this.
  8. Dermott

Dermott Avatar

Here's a thought... somewhat revolutionary I know, but hear me out...

If you don't like the looks of an advertised group... don't join it.

Gregg247, Mishras, MFWalter and 6 others like this.
  9. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

Well I see you guys DON'T want to bring the community together so I digress.
    Keep doing what you're doing! It's going so well!

I'm no longer responding...

Bambino likes this.
  10. redfish

redfish Avatar

Anyone lower than level 140 is not worth my time ;)

j/k

Just my own perspective is that I don't the culture of the SotA community can be shaped by individual players praising some behavior and scolding other behavior. Instead, the devs have to build game mechanics which encourage the things we want to see and stay away from game mechanics that discourage the things we don't want to see. This is a whole topic by itself, which I won't get much into, because it would derail the current thread ...

However, ultimately I think its fine for people to form groups like this and there's no good that comes from scolding them.

11. Dermott

Dermott Avatar

You can't FORCE a community together. That never goes well.

Personally, I play 98% of the game in some form of solo mode with most of my "contact" with other players being buying and selling through player owned vendors and in external chat with a very close friend and the two of ous playing mainly solo but helping each other out as needed.

The other 2%, when I DO go Full Multiplayer is for special events such as Lord British's birthday and the Shooter Jennings party.

The last time that I saw a significant constant "community" was during the early days when we only had the Hidden Vale and Owl's Head. Since then, the community has spread out which is also good because it allows us to enjoy the game without stepping on each others' toes in the process. The game is more than a graphical chatroom and many lessons have been learned from the days of Ultima Online.

It's not that I am against community, I just see nothing wrong with the group listed. It's not a group I would likely join, but it is not my place to deny their choices in how to create the group.

12. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@Chrystoph Reis They are more than welcome to come here with their own opinions, there are no Lvl requirements here. ;)

Mishras, Crendel, 3devious and 4 others like this.
  13. Floors

Floors Avatar

It must be the moon tonight.

Solazur, Jaesun and FrostII like this.
  14. Ataniiq

Ataniiq Avatar

"Don't divide the community!" .. goes and helps to divide the community.

15. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

He's not being snarky... just telling it like it is... or rather, will be.
    People want 90+ so they know things are going to go smoothly. Thankfully I had people who were looking for interesting humans, rather than leveling machines, or I would never have seen UT content, as I JUST hit my 90's, and that was with a few random meetups and some double xp nights.

FrostII and Lord Trady of Blix like this.
  16. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Kazar, Ataniiq and Lord Trady of Blix like this.
  17. Floors

Floors Avatar

Oddly enough the first 100+ group I ever joined I died almost right away which is not usual because they had no healer and it was all you know "bank standers" that didn't help when I came in late.

If you have a good healer in your group, you should be set.

Elwyn, Witcheypoo and Synergy Blaize like this.
  18. DeadnGone

DeadnGone Avatar

Well I know it's the current hot spot of the SotA grind, but... it is a high level area. Now if you have some good heavy DPS, sure I can see where you bring in some lowbies to help, especially guildies. But when you're just bringing in whoever from the community to a group like that, if you need more heavy hitters to help pull the weight, then that's what you aim for. You cant just have all lowbies and hope to do reasonably well. Some people lose 200k or a lot more when they die due to a bad group, esp where some are not pulling their weight or contributing well. It'd be better if there were more spots like this across many levels, but right now everyone is focused on Upper Tears and you have to have your core people to do well. Its not fair for those actually working at it the entire fight, sometimes dying, and having a bunch of lowbies come in when your group is struggling. So, I can see both sides, but my view is going to go more towards the high end player due to the zone and the group that really needs Adv Lvl 100+ players to help them out and ease the burden.

Technically no new player should be looking to just get in on high level group grind fest, at least not expect to anways. If some let you in because they got it all under control then that is great, but you can't expect every group to be that way. Its more realistic for new players to LFG for things closer to their adv lvl.... which SotA will have to enhance and bring attention to so there is more stuff to do out there for all types/lvls.

Mishras, Solazur, Witcheypoo and 8 others like this.
  19. Floors

Floors Avatar

I mean look, if you show up and you have 200 or 300 hit points, then you know, people will notice :)

Witcheypoo, Brass Knuckles and Brugas like this.
  20. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Well stated, @Brugas , very well stated..... ;)

Mishras, Synergy Blaize and Brugas like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.