Don't Reward this Behavior... bring the community together.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chrystoph Reis, Aug 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

first off ... this thread is just wrong ... Someone wants to have a public UT group with just 90+ ... what ever thats on them. I think there is a false sense of entitlement here that really needs to be squashed. A lot of people ground out 90 the hard way back in the day. Most of those people are 110+ .... If they don't feel like carrying people IE not playing with people that contribute on their level. So be it ...

Now that being said you can actively contribute to UT groups around level 50.... you just need healing gear and 60's all healing skills. Don't want to be a healer ? Well then you are going to have to wait till 90 before you really can contribute. People can say they are contributing to UT groups prior to 90 ... but really if you are under 90 you are being carried on the last wave. The last wave must be yellow to you to really be able to contribute. Simple fact of how the hit formula works.

So this sense of entitlement needs to be squashed.... I am all about being inclusive in the community but the OP of this thread is just wrong and needs some humility on the subject.

2. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Yea the dbl xp weekend thing......

Brugas likes this.
  3. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

You don't need double xp weekends to get 90 ... in fact ... it's possible to get 90 in one weekend of double xp.

Brugas likes this.
  4. Floors

Floors Avatar

Well, if you're over 90th level, you're like, okay.

Mishras and Brugas like this.
  5. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

I can still solo it. Just saying.

moxiepilot likes this.
  6. moxiepilot

moxiepilot Avatar

Sorry, but the premise doesn't hold water. As a level 70 toon, if I want to kill the lich in soltown sewers I can put a LFG for lower level avatars and complete it just fine. Just because there's a LFG of 90+ or 100+ doesnt mean the game is going downhill. Create your own LFG for your needs and don't worry about what others are doing

Vero, Synergy Blaize and FrostII like this.
  7. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

Another thing ... if you want to get a fast track to 90 ... Join a guild ... make friends with a high level player and be their healer.... I have no problems bringing anyone with me if they can actually heal. But i am also level 107 ... So if someone healing me makes me have 20 % less down time that makes it worth it to me for them to follow me around when i hunt. It's the fact that people don't want to heal which means they don't want to be team players .... which means they want to do what they want to do and get xp. That would be a sense of entitlement ... If that's the case then they need to grind their way to 90 how ever they want but making posts like the OP of this thread is not appropriate ... Just because someone doesn't want to level you doesn't make them an elitist. You have no right to any group... Any group you get in is a privileged... even at high levels. I feel privileged when i get to play with my friends. Doesn't mean i have the right to play with them. In fact it's common that 3 of them run off and do their own thing. That doesn't mean i make a post comparing them to Elitists because they are wanting to go hang out and do their own thing.

I have no right to their time just like no one else has right to my time. If any time is shared it's a privilege and should be thanked instead of demanded.

8. moxiepilot

moxiepilot Avatar

Me too!

Echondas, Cyin and Alleine Dragonfyre like this.
  9. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Show the video

Mishras, FrostII and moxiepilot like this.
  10. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Adventure level has no impact on hit chance anymore. “You attack and miss” was eliminated alltogether when dodge/parry/block and dex was changed. Thats why green mobs hit you all the time now unless your dex and dodge are both high

11. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

Really? Okay then. I need a good recording software. Recommendations. I did so twice this weekend, so not like I can't video it.

Jaesun likes this.
  12. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

This isn't called for ... and doesn't evolve the thread.

Brass Knuckles likes this.
  13. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

This is so wrong .... SO so so so so wrong.... Adventure level has a very large impact on your ability to hit when it comes to targets that are higher level than you. I am not going to dig up the tech talk over it but this is strait from Chris .... Sure you wont "miss" anymore but that same chance was distributed to weights on Avoidance / Dodge / block ....

14. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

Nah this one.

15. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Thank you for your opinion, I disagree.

But I think you derailing with this does qualify and shouldn't be here. You are not the forums police here last time I checked so I shouldn't feel the need to make comments like this nor feel the need to direct discussions only in the way you choose.

16. mass

mass Avatar

17. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

[​IMG]

18. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I think higher level stuff tendsto have higher dex sometimes and makes them dodge you, but for instance the aether lich is red to me, but it rarely ever dodges my attacks. The lich mage in oraclecolossus is red to me and i dont recall it ever dodging me, but the aether corpion is red to me and it dodges me left and right when i use a bow with lvl 90 range, notnearlyas much wheni use a blade at 121.

And in that case i can nuke its dex and that deffinately makes it easier to hit

19. Dread1313

Dread1313 Avatar

Please God no.gif

I am totally serious. I came to this game simply because the MMO industry is literally SATURATED with games and cancer of "scaling" games. Look, I understand that scaling is now meta with the MMO industry but I am an old-timer. Ive been playing MMO's since EverQuest 1 and Asheron's Call 1 (I am old ok?????) And part of the reason I came to this game is because the newer players hate it. They hate it because it isn't watered down, simple and easy to figure out. They hate it because it doesn't give them epics and legendaries on a silver platter. This game was marketed as being aimed at a "niche'" audience, keep it that way. I am sure the more millenial gamers who like WoW and Overwatch/Hearthstone will disagree with me, as they are usually part and parcel the very vocal minority, but I am telling you, loud and clear - if you make this game be "scaling" to peoples levels, it will be dead within 3 months, maybe less. That would be the final nail in the coffin. I know this because I know, as soon as you make it a cancerous scaling type game, other more meta gamers will come play it and be bored within a month. And all the old timers like me, like your backers and founders (I am not a backer/founder, sorry... I don't have tons of disposable income to throw at this game, I donate or pay what I can.) who came to this game because it was a new and fresh experience in this ruined MMO market will be gone. And then this game will be gone, the same way of Asheron's Call and many others. Please don't take what I am saying here lightly. Although I troll and joke and jest a LOT, I am being totally serious here.

20. Dread1313

Dread1313 Avatar

Totally agree with you bro. Let me tell you all a story...

A very very very long time ago, when i was playing EverQuest in my cave by the campfire, hoping a sabretooth tiger doesn't eat me while camping Hadden, a guild called Afterlife, steamrolled everything in sight. Then some time later, a guild Fires of Heaven did the same thing on another game. It was an exciting time. Sooner rather than later, these guilds became known as "elitist asshats (actually another word)". Then the whole "casual against the elitists" movement began. Developers were in disarray and didn't know what to do. Then it became "cater to the elitists vs cater to the casuals". I guess humans aren't happy unless there is some kind of strife or divided party to mix things up and make them interesting.

Then the MMO industry, in order to cater to the vocal majority (people who have lives and families and cant play 24/7 like the elites can) began to moan and complain. Finally, developers caved. Now, the meta you see today is "make everything easy for everyone, that way everyone involved can prosper!". This is a fallacy... And before you judge me, I am not an elitist, I have a full time job, a family, and other obligations that keep me from being a basement dwelling elitist.

You know what though, if the elites can put together a group and steamroll content because they have the skills and manpower, then who the hell am I and who the hell are you to stand in their way? It is extremely extremely "self-entitled", to say "well I deserve [blank] even though those who can work harder than me or longer than me at their efforts deserve it more.. I deserve it just as much!"

Whats happening to MMO's as a whole, is directly in lock-step with what has happened with society. If people cant see that, then people are blind and cant see past the nose on their face. I say, if people can get to 90 or hell 140 or whatever, they friggin worked for it and they deserve, more than anyone else to be able to go hunt in those high level zones. Ive never been an elite. Ive always been the underdog, and you know what - I don't give a ****. I play the game to have fun, not be jealous of people more successful than me. If i let peoples success get to me on a day to day basis, I would have blown my brains out a long time ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.