Don't Reward this Behavior... bring the community together.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chrystoph Reis, Aug 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

no problem! some people don´t like to spend time carrying newbies, it´s a choice and a standart behavior from MMOs.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    Dread1313 and Synergy Blaize like this.
  2. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I don't think the soloability of UT is really relevant at all anyway. I'm not one of the stronger players in SotA and I can solo UT without much downtime and running around. It doesn't mean anything though, because the reward for me lumbering around and slowly stabbing everything to death is unspectacular at best. A good group would run circles around me and everyone would get much more stuff and much faster xp.

What makes UT unique is that it has a flexible spawn time. The faster you kill, the faster you get more. Even if a person or a group of people can already handle it, it's still always better to be stronger, so I think it's kinda hard to really blame anyone for looking for strong players to group with. Imo SotA players are generally very inclusive compared to most anyway.

I hope there will be more flexible spawn stuff like UT added to the game, because it's been the most successful method of providing group content so far. It's not perfect, but it's something that could really be built on.

3. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

This does sit in the back of my head I hope this does not become its requires to group to get to the good stuff type game. Though really good players can do dragons and solo ut etc this stuff in some way needs to be avail for SPO players. Idk what that means mabey a 4-5k dragon same loot table just smaller drop%?

This does seam like a chore to balance.

Maliced, Brugas and twofoldsilence like this.
  4. Gix

Gix Avatar

I’m still confused as to why companions are exclusive to single-player offline.

Brugas and twofoldsilence like this.
  5. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

If you read what I said as a complaint I'm sorry. There are people who want the SPO expperince I just simply hope they get what thier looking for.

Brugas, Xandra7 and 3devious like this.
  6. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

This thread is like.....

[​IMG]

GrayFog, Brewton, Cordelayne and 14 others like this.
  7. Gix

Gix Avatar

I didn't interpret it as a complaint but it's still an issue that could be alleviated if players could have access to companions.

It worked really well in the original Guild Wars.

8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

If anyone read the whole thread the player in question came in the thread and apologized. He said he was short of time that day and looking to hurry through a scene with a higher leveled group.

Throughout the thread suggestions have been given and mine is to improve the looking for group system to better explain what you are looking for in a group.

Sometimes a high level group will be desired and other times a more casual group mix of levels is fine especially if you have a couple of good healers in the group. That also is a great opportunity to raise your healing skills.

And sometimes levels don't matter if it is an rp group or a syncing music group. Also sometimes players dont want tot group at all. Perhaps we have about said it all but threads can go on for what seems forever;)

Now to get looking for group system updated to allow describing group requests better. ;) @DarkStarr

Lazlo likes this.
  9. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Aha.

The whole gamedesign is crap because the developers seem to believe the same.
    But unfortunately it's wrong.

10. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Maybe it's all been said, but I feel like this thread wouldn't really be complete without some bad button mashing UT videos. Who's in?

11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes we know your opinion and that is not going to change anytime soon if ever. I don't even say some of your thoughts wouldn't have made some things more fun or better but here we are. Now what can we do for the game given the system we have to making it better? Some things we have to move on from. I understand believe me what it's like to expect and want changes in the game but in the long run we still have to work with what we have and try to make that a better experience.

I really don't feel Your angry sounding replies help anything. But just imo and I know in my heart you can contribute to help with whatever we have to work with now in getting quality of life features updated in this game and I know you care. I don't believe they will cap anything anytime soon if ever. There is absolutely no time or manpower to do that and it would be a major upheaval with so many not even wanting it. I do understand though. I feel strongly about many things as well. ;) I'm just mentioning ;)

12. 3devious

3devious Avatar

I can see why there's pressure to add level scaling as someone in their infinite wisdom fired all of the world builders save 1 so we're not getting any significant new zones & these geniuses try making the same stuff harder to get people to stay. It's going to be so long before I'm able to hold my own in a falsely amped zone like UT by that time Portalarium will be so desperate that Highvale will be level 100 PVP. Good thing there's folks doing their own stuff like the open air market last weekend, the activities the guilds are doing, etc. These player made dungeons might help us carry their slack a little longer. To all of us looking at these stories and quests saying "Psh, I could do better." That will be your chance. Then you'll see why Lum got so surly sometimes!

13. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Well done, Dar !
    I do wish you'd started the music over when it ended, but you held my interest anyway. ;)

Mishras, Lazlo and (deleted member) like this.
  14. Shadilay

Shadilay Avatar

Honestly, I can't believe this is a complaint. If people want to get 20 minute UT runs in then yeah, you need to be pretty high lvl, I am in UT constantly and have definitely noticed the 70-85s have a problem with the last wave especially now. Still tho, I do sort of enjoy archers getting flayed by the whirlwind of the Lich's. people can do what they want, if you don't like it start your own group, it's not hard.

15. Dread1313

Dread1313 Avatar

/thread
    :)

Mishras likes this.
  16. Vampiero

Vampiero Avatar

I am a newer player, I purchased the game about 2 months ago, have played faithfully everyday that I could since my initial purchase. I seen this, and NO there where not several other options this last weekend there where either 90+ or 100+ groups.. and no I didn't join because I didn't want to ruin there dynamic, I went to the only place that as a new player of my adventure and skill, I knew I could level skills whilst gaining exp, the only noted T6 in the game and I soloed, oh and Upper Tears is in a T4, not exactly high level group grind fest, and most of the names that I see in these groups are names in my teleport oops, I mean friends list that grind the Rise solo for xp.. so don't be so obnoxious as to think we are all stupid just because we are new.
    Here's the rub though, you have an unfinished game, sold to the public as finished, they are working on chapter 2, instead of finishing chapter 1, the company charges outrageous real world prices for digital items, that honestly only make you "feel" like you might belong, and then the community jumps on someone, not "forcing" anyone to bend to his will, but trying to make a suggestion that may save the only thing that could save this game, the community.. do to work, I haven't played in 3 days, was really looking forward to gaming tonight, since I wont be able to play for the next 4 days because of work, but I am really thinking of packing up my two accounts, canceling my subscription, and advising all my friends to avoid this seemingly toxic community, in an unfinished unwelcoming game.

Stundorn and Chrystoph Reis like this.
  17. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Ahhh sorry you are having a bad experience. If I can help anytime let me know. I've been here since 2013. It is fully crowd funded game and always has been so it depends on funding to further develop.

So if it seems incomplete yes many systems still are getting updates as the team can get to them. What in particular didn't seem complete to you? There is so much to this game that at first may not be known.

The last Thursday of each month is our release date. There is always a list of everything that is new and bug fixes and performance improvements etc.

I didn't quite understand what got you so upset. Was it groups you got in? I would never make you feel that way and would be happy to group up sometime when I get home next week. I am Majoria in the game.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  18. DeadnGone

DeadnGone Avatar

Just so you know, just because there are Tier levels for the zone, doesn't mean there won't be higher level mobs or content in the zone. It usually just means in general... there are several lower level areas that have Reapers and Dragons in them and they are definitely not T3 or T4 mobs. The mobs in Upper Tears grind area are much higher than tier 4. They also come in waves. The last 2 are the hardest waves and all con yellow at over adventure level 110, so it's not as easy as it sounds.

19. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

Nope. I wasn't. I am curious, however, as to the point of your post on Reddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/shroudofth...at_feel_when_dungeons_and_dragons_online_and/

Why are you here, yet trashing this game there? Anyone defending the game you call (me) a "fanboi" or "shill." Kinda weird.

Brugas, Elwyn, Spoon and 1 other person like this.
  20. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

How DARE YOU! Thems fighten' words! ;)

[​IMG]

Moiseyev Trueden, Jaesun and Barugon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.