Another new player reporting in!

Discussion in 'New Player Experience Feedback' started by Mingo Ebonmark, Aug 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mingo Ebonmark

Mingo Ebonmark Avatar

Hi!

Thoroughly loving the game, eye pleasing graphics, an enchanting and vast world to explore, captivating music and plenty of roleplaying elements to just slowly enjoy the game and make new friends. The card deck style combat is a bit clunky and diverts my attention away from the fun graphics/animation to watching the hotbars. I found using a gaming mouse with macro keys that combine my glyphs for combos made it a more enjoyable experience.

I've had a couple of buggy quests so far but questing has been a positive experience. The old lady Esmerelda in Highvale Outskirts somehow skipped stepped 1 and 2 for me and I did not get the first frostgeist dusts thrown on my face so I could not use 1 or 2 of the mirrors; when I first talked to her she sent me straight up to kill a Hexe and an Elder. Another bad experience was when I was sent to Harvest to catch a boat to Estgard, the ferryman would not ferry me to Estgard even though I went through all the keywords and even typed out custom sentences. I saw a map marker in the town showing a boat to Estgard but there was nothing there, it was very confusing and I reported a quest bug, however I got a forum reply telling me the boat to Estgard is on the world map and not in the actual town of Harvest - I will have to return there to check as I gave up on the quest amidst the confusion.

BUCKLERS and LIGHTSHIELDS! There are several store bought bucklers and they are under the category of LIGHT shields so I naturally assumed there would be crafting recipes for them but there is not! I even went as far as thinking people didn't use bucklers so nobody crafted them - I even tried to find the recipe through trial and error using the Carpentry and blacksmith bench! swapping out metal sheets for wooden boards on the carpentry workbench! After many days of asking around I have depressingly accepted that crafted bucklers are just not in game.....

The chat window must be ENABLED and not fade out by default, for the first 3 days I thought nobody was talking to me and it was a dead world.

Keep up the good work, I'm enjoying the game immensely so far.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  2. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

3. Nevyn Waldail

Nevyn Waldail Avatar

Welcome too, new player as well so feel free to add me if you see me about:)

4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Welcome ebonmark! It's good to have you. Thanks for the feedback, those are some important points you've made. Hopefully they get fixed for the future new players to not have to deal with them.

@DarkStarr : one of the biggest complaints is no one knows anyone is out there.

That's the problem, the buckler actually weighs less and has less fizzle, but it's worthless after the first few tiers because you can't craft it and MW/Enchant it. I would like to see some crafted bucklers in game as well.

5. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Welcome @ebonmark :)

CU around in Novia ...

6. Mischievous Dragon

Mischievous Dragon Riparian Reaper

7. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Agree on the chat window. JIRA created.

We have the task in backlog (and been there for awhile) to have light, medium, and heavy shield recipes and reshaping but we just haven't gotten to it.

8. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

9. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Welcome Ebonmark!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.