Why is that...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stundorn, Jul 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redfish

redfish Avatar

Pirate, arrrrr...

StrangerDiamond likes this.
  2. Milca

Milca Avatar

@redfish I agree with everything you said.
    Yes, that would be a good foundation devs can provide for RP in PvP.

However, I don't think Stundorn meant the reasoning for PvP.
    This is what he meant, and my reply was to respond to this idea:
    To me, the understanding of magic allows you to have higher magic resist already makes perfect sense.

Barugon likes this.
  3. redfish

redfish Avatar

@Milca

I think some players have had different concerns about whether it feels necessary to hybridize to compete with other players and whether there are a lack of incentives for players to specialize. I don't agree with everything @Stundorn is saying, I'm coming from a somewhat different view myself, but I'm pretty sure its what he means in this instance by having RP in PvP.

Bambino likes this.
  4. Milca

Milca Avatar

@redfish

Having concern for whether it's necessary to hybridize to compete with other players is legit. However, knowing magic increases resist only adds more to RP, so that's not really a right reason to base this concern on.

Dhanas and Barugon like this.
  5. ShurTugal

ShurTugal Avatar

Sandbox is not about an equal playing field. where is the fun in that. its about giving everyone the ability to achieve but not everyone will and not everyone will to the same level. its unfortunately many (apparently you as well) just want things handed to them with little to no effort. I don't get your mentality.
    So yes. in the real world there are many examples of those who work more and earn less. thats not right but in the game your complaining that those who work more are actually getting more??? That makes no sense.
    10 hours a day is not the "measure" because my schedule and such I get in about 2 to 3 hours sometimes less and as such I need to effeciently manage my time to get the most out of it. I am doing just fine and have a fairly high level, high skilled character. sure its not as high as many others but it works for me and I would never want to take away from someones elses effort just because I don't have the time to put into it that they do. another mentality I just don't understand. "drag others down to my level rather than rise to theirs"??? I don't get it.
    it is currently a level playing field. you have the ability to achieve anything everyone else achieves if you put in the effort and time. if your not really willing to put in the effort and time someone else is than you don't deserve to get the rewards they get. plain and simple.
    than don't get pulled there. put in the effort and achieve what your able based on your own unique situation. don't advocate taking way from others who can dedicate more to the game. you lose me with that.

6. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Opinion that make me leave.
    Good luck to get more players

Xandra7 likes this.
  7. ShurTugal

ShurTugal Avatar

If that's your choice. Shroud will continue to grow and get more players because its a great game

Dhanas, Barugon, Fister Magee and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.