Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Connection lost [ALTAIR 9000], [CICADA], [POTPIE]

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Mandalar, Aug 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mandalar

Mandalar Avatar

1. date: 17 AUG 2018

2. time period: approximately 1030 - current(1330) Pacific Time

3. Problem: Game will not load: "no response from the game service. Either the game service is offline, or a port may be blocked on your firewall or router. For information..."

4. Problem is repeatable 100% of time when logging into game... The following connection issues have been seen:
    ALTAIR 9000, CICADA, and POTPIE

5. Actions to resolve issue:
    ---. Reviewed required firewall ports for game:
    Firewall Ports Required
    Launcher:
    • TCP 5074
    • UDP 3544
    • UDP 6881
    • Game Service:
    • UDP 5054
    • UDP 5055
    • UDP 5056
    • UDP 5057
    • UDP 5058
    • UDP 5059
    ---. Reviewed Security History:
    when attempting to log into the game, multiple "Suspicious incoming network connections blocked from system port, "TCP port 55721", "UDP port 61770"

---. additionally, scattered history of: "Suspicious incoming network connection blocked Source IP address: 2001:558:feed::2" The source IP address has apparently attempted to scan your system by sending a large amount of various UDP packets. The source IP address is your own DNS server.

6. Summation: the ports being blocked are not required ports to support / run Shroud of the Avatar.

7. Request for assistance: Is there anything I can do no my end to resolve my issue.

2. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

I can get in, it would suggest there is something between you and port.. like roadworks, just cos the route from your house is blocked doesnt mean its blocked for us all.. It can be common that some node at an ISP is down etc or introduce a routing issue.

Mandalar likes this.
  3. Mandalar

Mandalar Avatar

Any idea if these specific ports are now required, "TCP port 55721", "UDP port 61770"?

4. Boobles

Boobles Avatar

I got this problem more or less around the same time you did. Everything was fine then I got DC'd and upon attempting to log back in I encountered firewall/blocked port connection issues. At times I'd be able to get in the game but when I zone out I'm DC'd again. I turned off my firewall and it still persists, I'll wait for whatever's causing it to run its course. Maybe it's out of my hands at the moment.

Mandalar likes this.
  5. Nicktarian

Nicktarian Avatar

i have this exact same problem, arround exactly the same time. Opened all the ports needed. and same issue. i also have done a speed test. everything seems to be okay there too.

Mandalar likes this.
  6. Waldo Ptolomy

Waldo Ptolomy Avatar

I have had the same problem after Noon PDT, I find that I get these messages on scene transitions, sometimes I get the symbol indicating that I have no connection then it often goes away during game play
    Checked Norton, rebooted computer, checked on steam to validate the SOTA software, all was well. But it has persisted. It seems to come and go it is working ok at 3:42 PDT. Not sure where the problem was, or is if it is intermittent

Waldo Ptolomy

Mandalar likes this.
  7. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Just remember guys, the internet is very much like a road system, you can drive to some places but that doesnt stop there being a blockage on the fastest route to somewhere else.. So while "the internet" seems to work, specific areas maybe unreachable, more in fact than we ever even know all the time.. However, its frustrating when someone does roadworks between you and something you want to do.. Sadly Port are not responsible for the routes used, you can contact your ISP who may (or may not if they are grumpy) find out if there are known issues along the way.

Mandalar and bdonham like this.
  8. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

Jaesun and bdonham like this.
  9. Waldo Ptolomy

Waldo Ptolomy Avatar

Thanks liz and Laz, I understand the whimsy of internet connections, but it was odd it only affected one computer, my gaming one, and I found no indications that my firewall or router was blocking it from what I could tell.

Waldo Ptolomy

Mandalar and Lazarus Long like this.
  10. Mandalar

Mandalar Avatar

After a recommendation from a friend, I turned on my iphone's hotspot, and used that to play the game. I have yet to check the land line.

bdonham and Lazarus Long like this.
  11. Mandalar

Mandalar Avatar

bdonham and Lazarus Long like this.
  12. Waldo Ptolomy

Waldo Ptolomy Avatar

My system seems to have returned to normal, no hiccups again, no idea what caused it or why it went away. I will just blame Comcast.

Waldo Ptolomy

Mandalar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.