1. This forum section contains Blog style threads from the Developers, and/or threads with details about what they have been working on, previews of upcoming content, and sometimes backstory associated with the content. Players are permitted to reply to these threads if the developer has indicated it is permissible by leaving the thread unlocked. Please note that TOS applies, and any abuse or trolling will be moderated.
    Dismiss Notice

Dungeon Basements - sneak peak

Discussion in 'Developer Work and Blog posts' started by Vas Corp Por, Aug 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

these all look very nice and shiny, but please don't forget some people prefer plain looking things rather than really ornate ones.

personally I would prefer cave/mine, vine/root, or plain weathered cut stones.

Witcheypoo and Hazard like this.
  2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Holy Crap!

and...

Supper encounters? I think this is a great idea.

[​IMG]

3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I think we're going to have access to all the already created stock pieces as well.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  4. Vas Corp Por

Vas Corp Por Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

There are plainer 'dungeon' hallways and rooms (think The Rise pieces), there is also a cave/mine system coming, not sure ETA for those but the art exists already (have to do some things to make them usable in the system)

Rentier, Witcheypoo, Rowell and 14 others like this.
  5. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

[​IMG]

6. Cear Dragon

Cear Dragon Avatar

We are going to need to be able to place these entrances anywhere in player owned towns. Too few things already can be places on the terrain. This would be an amazing addition to RP towns if we could place them on the map.

7. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

[​IMG]

8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Ursula?

Spoon and Cordelayne like this.
  9. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Lol I was thinking the mistress of Cuthulu but Ursula is much more apropos! :D

10. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Amazing! This new dungeon content is looking great!

Cordelayne likes this.
  11. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

It is simply amazing that we will have these assets. But thinking ahead, I wonder if they will end up just another large space hidden under our lots that no one will ever visit? Thinking a lot about that and how to make these more centrally available for show/use. Perhaps instead of the entrances being tied to our lots, they could be staggered along the walls of existing dungeons. That way people would walk along passageways in an active dungeon and have the choice to duck in to this or that entrance for player content while exploring existing content. Not trying to throw a monkey wrench into this exciting feature as proposed, but just trying to imagine all those dungeons built under existing homes in areas where no one is ever even seen walking down the street or visiting existing basements.

12. Lady Kathleen

Lady Kathleen Avatar

I sure hope that the Devs add limits of mobs at one time to the rooms.

And Before anyone Flames me about this comment.

I played another game which is no longer available which made Dungeons and such player created areas. I remember spending hours setting mine up to be more like a quest. Because they allowed NPC's that could just talk rather than just fighting mobs.

But the problem became visiting others dungeons. When more than just a few populated their dungeon in only what I could call a death trap that was 100% guaranteed Death. These people thought it was funny.. (Very Much like trolls) They even bragged on how many unsuspecting souls they would trap in their nightmare.

Just imagine a couple of types like: Teleporting into a dungeon with no floor just a death drop. Teleporting in to a massive or over whelming mob that not even a full party with the highest level players could survive more than a minute or two. Just imagine your somehow trapped in someone else only ideas of fun is your death and/or making you miserable. Imagine losing hard earned levels due to death penalties of dungeons such as these.

What begins to happens after a time is (and this is what really did happen in the other game) Nobody will ever visit your well though out dungeon no matter how good it is because the fear of the Misery caused by the other bad apples.

Don't kid yourself in thinking "this" community does not have Trolls, Sick or just Mad thinking people in it.

Don't kid yourself in thinking it could Never happen here......

I just hope the Devs have a well though out plan to stop the trolls from trolling before this game also become the way of the Dodo like the other game I played.

13. Lained

Lained Avatar

I recall mention of players being able to leave some kind of score/feedback available to others prior to entering.

14. Floors

Floors Avatar

I think this is a step in the right direction, because we want awe-inspiring spaces that evoke our sense of mystery, and one of the downsides of some of the dungeons in SoTa that were made up until now is that they are very claustrophobic.

They're so claustro even sometimes the camera has a hard time following properly.

Witcheypoo and Lady Kathleen like this.
  15. Lady Kathleen

Lady Kathleen Avatar

I am hoping you mean you can read it prior to entering .. LOL

I think feedback would be the best and that it could not be just deleted by the owner, but maybe it would take a dev to get it deleted.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  16. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I agree that is my concern as well as I mentioned in my post. I think we have to tread carefully to overcome this and not do what eveeqever 2 did. Our dungeons have to have the ability to be made really unique, interesting, fun, and of value for players to want to visit them. Also we will need a dungeon finder to let players know what's out there with a little description of the dungeon. Perhaps all the dungeons in the game could be listed under a tab in our new journal system. Hint hint

Witcheypoo, Gaelis and Lady Kathleen like this.
  17. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I think these rooms look great, especially for "encounter" rooms since they are huge open areas and some with some built in obstacles (pillars) that might be useful for cover.

Also, I think it would be awesome if some of these large rooms could be used for our personal basement and not only for public dungeons.

Pretty exciting stuff either way though!

Sean Silverfoot and Witcheypoo like this.
  18. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

discord:

Alley Oop
    Last Tuesday at 3:44 PM
    can we have two versions of encounter spaces, with and without spawns, if someone wants to use this to just make themselves a custom basement?

Atos
    Last Tuesday at 3:45 PM
    Yah, we could probably make a second copy without encounters

19. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I understood that item placement in these dungeons would be severely limited. Getting late will check out tomorrow.

20. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

in the encounter rooms, yes, so mob pathing can't be interfered with, but that shouldn't matter for non-mob versions.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.