Sieged towns need to show difficulty

Discussion in 'New Player Experience Feedback' started by Mingo Ebonmark, Aug 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mingo Ebonmark

Mingo Ebonmark Avatar

Ardoris was under siege today and as a noob I tried to run past as usual but kept dying... a total of 5 times.... before I realised it was a tier 4 siege. I lost 10k exp total and was pretty annoyed that there isn't any information shown about the difficulty of the siege before you enter (I naively assumed all sieges were low difficulty unless you took on the siege clearing quest and roamed deeper).

Ataniiq likes this.
  2. Lady Kathleen

Lady Kathleen Avatar

Sorry to hear you had so much difficulty. I personally found my first siege to be overwhelming at a low level. I soon learned that most sieges have a path that is not in the thick of things. and the biggest thing I learned was Speed is the key to bypassing a siege in full swing by others.

I also can say someone showed me a way to bypass a siege altogether in some places. I.E. look for a nearby town with a boat entrance to the town your wanting to go to. Not all town have them but some do.

3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

When you enter the Siege, the entry area is completely safe. You can also see very clearly in the scene title, what tier level the scene is.

But here are a few things you can do:

Ask for someone to show you the completely safe “just run through the area” path for each Siege type.

Or, go to a near by Player Owned Town, that is linked to Ardoris, enter the Player Owned Town, then look for a Red Wagon, that goes to Ardoris. That will then take you safely to Ardoris, completely bypassing the Siege.

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

they are marked: the text is color-coded the same as mobs compared to your current level: green, yellow, orange, red. this shows with the entry button for adventure scenes, too.

[​IMG]

Sorthious and Jaesun like this.
  5. Mingo Ebonmark

Mingo Ebonmark Avatar

Thanks for the tips! I'm a crafter and have poor combat skills but somehow my level makes the colour coding yellow to me, but it was tier 4! I know that anything tier 4 is going to kill me even if the colour code says yellow. I also did not realise sieges had tiers and as a noob I just ran through all sieges thinking they were all the same!

6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

oh, they ARE all the same tier, overall, but there are paths within the scenes that are easier than others.

Lady Kathleen likes this.
  7. Mingo Ebonmark

Mingo Ebonmark Avatar

Oh all sieges really are the same tier?! I wonder why I was being shot down so horribly today, It didn't matter which way I ran, they killed me fast!

8. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

What was probably confusing you is the 2 different type of sieges (Forest and Hills). They are the same tier 4 level, but each one has a different “just run through here path”. For now, just enter near by linked player owned towns, to bypass the sieges.

Of note, in a future release, sieges will be optional. They mentioned something about that in one of the livestreams.

9. Lady Kathleen

Lady Kathleen Avatar

An optional bypass seems too easy... I thought I was clever finding my way around a siege in most places.. ROFL

Jaesun likes this.
  10. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I think they are working on a number of things that really frustrates New users, like control points and sieges. And I am happy with these changes.

When I was new, I absolutely HATED those damn sieges! They were just completely frustrating, because I just didn’t understand what to do. But, when I figured out how to bypass them via near by towns, I felt pretty damn proud! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.