Kahli: The Ancient City of Legends (RP-PvP)

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Elgarion, Sep 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fei Akhart

Fei Akhart Avatar

I liked that! :D:D:D

2. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

OOC: A few updates about Helheim, which is a guild-independent housing community in the Kahli region:
    • We now have four houses claimed by individuals as their private homes, and two houses serving as community facilities (the meadhall and the bath house). This means there are still seven homes up for grabs.
    • We welcome Magnus Thorne to Helheim, who graciously accepted to take over the meadhall and host happy hours regularly. He made his home in the meadhall's attic for now.
    • We acquired crafting stations for the (no-PvP) basement underneath the community gardens. For tailoring, blacksmithing, and carpentry (masterworking) as well as alchemy/enchantment and cooking these are expert crafting stations providing a +5 skill bonus. The refining stations are regular stations. Every member of Helheim is entitled to two private storage containers in the basement to enhance their crafting experience. There is also still the remote bank access device that lets you access your bank box right there. And, conveniently, the crafting merchant is just outside the gate!
    • There has been quite a lot of action in Helheim lately, and plots are unfolding. Talk to one of the residents to find out more, or attend one of our meadhall or bath house events. Current residents are Voelund Ildhammar, Fei Akhart, Olthadir, Hannah Alpenglow, Magnus Thorne, and Helvig Ingvildsdottir. We welcome every roleplayer (or everyone interested in trying it out) to join us any time when we hang out in Kahli and simply share a good time.
    • The post with the details about Helheim has been updated: Kahli: The Ancient City of Legends (RP-PvP)
    We are happy to RP with everyone, independent of their guild affilation or hometown. This is a place with few rules, tight friendships, and no hierarchies. We welcome new friends, casual visitors, but also (from an OOC point of view) those who would challenge us through hostile RP.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    Sonja, Aeryk, Tila Tenderfoot and 5 others like this.
  3. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Alrighty... the computer came back broken, so still no SotA for me. So sorry folks. Gotta ship it back out.

FYI, I still will be able to log in for tiny maintenance items with my 7 year old system, but just to do permissions stuff, lot assignments etc. The game isn't playable on this old rig.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  4. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

Howdy all! Just wanted to ask, was there an event planned soon (today)? I saw someone posted in the R56 Event forum about a Khali event tonight and I didn't see it advertised.

If it's a private or semi-private affair, no worries. Otherwise, consider posting it on this thread. I have the post "watched" and get notifications if someone posts here, and I am sure others do as well. If it's not private/semi-private, post here so some of us can see and participate if we are able. ;)

Elgarion likes this.
  5. Fei Akhart

Fei Akhart Avatar

Hey, @Magnus Zarwaddim I think you should be talking about this event, right?

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...eadhall-in-helheim-kahli.138159/#post-1120225

Olthadir and Elgarion like this.
  6. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

my bad....and I missed it running a new guildmember around. :) Hope it was a fun time for all.

Elgarion likes this.
  7. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Dear Magnus, This is happening on Sunday. Feel free to join it. Today is Friday, as far as I know.

Aeryk, Spoon, Olthadir and 1 other person like this.
  8. Vox Aquila

Vox Aquila Avatar

the strangest thing happened today, I met something called a robot by the name of Shroudbert. I am eager to understand more about this thing, has he been seen in Kahli?

Aeryk and Elgarion like this.
  9. Elgarion

Hahha, is someone RPing as an automaton? Cool! I haven’t seen them yet but I’ve been unable to play for about 3-4 weeks now since my gaming rig went kaput. So cool! Guess with Clockwork Armor, thats possible eh?

Vox Aquila and Aeryk like this.
  10. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

I think this is something Hemswal in Carpe Noctem has been working on. It is a bot in Discord but seems he may have created an avatar also.
    [​IMG]

11. Elgarion

Hahaha, cool!

12. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

Hey, I know Shroudbert. I helped create him! I could introduce him to anyone that would like to meet him... Just let me know.

Jaesun, Elgarion, Fei Akhart and 2 others like this.
  13. Elgarion

Updated featuring changes to Gilgarth (renamed) and Dragonbone Hill (unclaimed).

Fei Akhart likes this.
  14. Elgarion

Also, I have 3 placeholder dungeons for people to play in... 2 at the Temple of the 4 and 1 at the Ruined Temple of the White Cabal. 125pt, 100pt, and 25pt. Enjoy. ;) PLEASE keep in mind, the placement of these dungeons is temporary. I'll need to go back in and property decorate around them. There'll be a lot of changes to the orientation of these entrances and how they're presented once I get my gaming rig back.

15. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

Had a quick run round one of them at the temple - very nice and with huge potential !

Am thinking about creating one within the Kahlinburh, we shall see...

Elgarion likes this.
  16. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

I have updated the permissions for the crafting and storage basement underneath the Helheim garden to include not only residents but also friends and allies. This will allow the following:
    • Access to the remote bank device (handy if you plan to craft down there)
    • Access to the mailbox that I'm going to place later today
    • The ability to place objects as RP tools in the garden and in the basement. For example, Hannah lately "lost" a crumbled note in the garden with a few hints for a plot she is playing (meanwhile removed).
    I ask that you please do not place any decorations that serve a purpose other than to open RP opportunities, and that you remove the decoration when it has become obsololete.

If you are a regular visitor to Helheim and don't have access yet, please let me (or Voelund or Olthadir) know, and we'll fix that. Also let me know if you want a tenant-container in the basement to store your crafting materials.

17. Elgarion

Updated the in-game map to show locations of vendors with goods on them, also provided RP descriptions for each vendor. Please, any vendor owner wanting to insert their own RP paragraph for their vendor, simply send it to me ;)

18. Elgarion

Updated! Ellira Wislein (@yolh13) and friends have claimed Dragon Bone Hill!

19. Elgarion

Aeryk likes this.
  20. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

I think GMT is around five hours in front of CT (just for my future planning !) ???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.