Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Atavist robe recipe: does it still drop?

Discussion in 'Release 56 Feedback' started by Elwyn, Aug 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I started playing around with the atavist encounters again recently, and while the luminous ones have been a bit shy, I've gone through at least five of them with no recipe drop. Has anyone else gotten a recipe drop in R56, or is it just me?

2. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Try North Grunvald Barrens near the default entrance.

3. Dermott

Dermott Avatar

Yes, the recipe still drops... (edit) just got one right after initially posting this.

Jaesun and Alley Oop like this.
  4. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I think the real question is: can you get it twice? I have a feeling this was patched into being a "once per character" thing limited by a quest flag, and only a reroll or quest reset can let you get another to drop. When they were new last month, I got quite a few extras.

5. Dermott

Dermott Avatar

No, there's no quest flag involved and you can get several if you're willing to spend and evening running Atavist encounters and getting the Luminous one to show up. If you're not getting a recipe, blame the RNG gods.

6. jschoice

jschoice Avatar

I got 10 last night for 2 hours of farming

Elwyn likes this.
  7. Snakyy

Snakyy Avatar

Atavist robes are part of the Mystical Family Items (tm) by Portalium.

Mystical Family items are so rare, so unheard of, that technically they are not even made on the game. But due high density of....."earger" players and hype, there are mass delusion that they indeed are in the game and available if you just grind 1/4 of your life. Some player even state to have them or they have seen them "multiple" times. But these are only gurgling yell of weakest of us all that delusion level highly disturb the objective reality.

8. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Yes, I know that, I got quite a few last month. But I have gotten ZERO so far recently from at least six Luminous Atavists, which is why I am asking if something was changed and I should stop trying.

Thank you, that basically confirms just bad luck. Well, bad luck for me, and really good luck for you, since there is a chance a Luminous won't even appear. For what it's worth, I'm trying in the area around Desolis, in case you were in some other area that I don't know about.

9. jschoice

jschoice Avatar

I was farming them in the tier 4 zone near Desolis. He is near one of the entrances and he respawns quickly after killing him. I must of killed him 70 or 80 times when I got my 10. It was weird I got three to drop in a row then it slowed down.

Jaesun and Arya Stoneheart like this.
  10. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Wait, you weren't fighting him in an encounter? They appear somewhere other than the Traveler encounters?
    So I'm back to somehow the Desert Encounter version hasn't been dropping recipes for me. But they can be found elsewhere.

jschoice likes this.
  11. jschoice

jschoice Avatar

I believe it is North Grunvald Barrens. There is a camp close to one of the entrances.

12. Dermott

Dermott Avatar

First Atavist Desert Encounter near Desolis tonight (8/20/18) netted a Recipe from a Luminous.

Edit: Seems like I get the Chest to spawn LESS than a Recipe. Reagent bag is 100% though which is nice.

Elwyn likes this.
  13. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I spent about an hour in NGB yesterday and got two recipes from five or six Lumies. Still not as good of a drop rate as I remember from last month, but I don't really mind as long as it's still possible. Even if they did tweak the drop rate down a bit, I don't have a problem with that.

Alley Oop likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.