1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Shroud of the Avatar Boxes Shipping Update August 20, 2018

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Aug 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derium

Derium Avatar

lol, I forgot the screenshot (this is from my US address to the Bank of Canada). Also, funny, the price stays the same no matter if you ask for tracking or not... Again, dunno who port claims tracking is too expensive when it's literally free for international shipping. *shrugs*

With tracking; (2 pounds, first class, $15.20)
    [​IMG]
    Without Tracking (same details)
    [​IMG]

P.S. If you change it to Priority instead of first class, it becomes $34.96
    [​IMG]

Koldar and Bowen Bloodgood like this.
  2. Sir Leonard

Sir Leonard Localization Team

This is very concerning for me, as Brazil Postal Service is known for extraviating mail, delayed deliveries and a series of severe problems and innefficiency, meaning a pack that has no number may also not "exist" for them. Sums up, customs here are done after receiving the postal service notification, which may never reach me, leaving my merchandize retained that the postal service office and lost/returned to the sender/sent to be auctioned (for collecting the due taxes).

Consider adding an option to pay extra for tracking. This will be (almost) mandatory for folks in Brazil.

3. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

What you said was incorrect, and different from what I said. Portalarium is required to declare the value, not just claim a stupid low value to avoid customs. If the value is $75 and I live in a country that allows up to $50 in gifts, I'll have to pay customs.

Logain likes this.
  4. Derium

Derium Avatar

everyone is "required" to declare the value. But this is no different than when you sell a car to a friend, how much do you declare its value? Oh yeah, $1 so you don't pay the taxes on it. I'm saying international shipping is the same and since there is literally no purchase receipt for these and they literally are gifts, then they should declare them as gifts. If they declare the value at retail price, that's sorta weird in this case. Again, if you buy a PS4 on eBay for $50, do you expect the shipper to declare the value as MSRP? No, they declare it as the purchase price, which was $50. That's what I mean, the purchase price here is $0, since it's again, a gift. The reason you declare the value and not the MSRP is for those reasons.

5. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

Everything you say here about value and purchase price is wrong as it applies to customs (and the tax dodge is illegal).

6. Derium

Derium Avatar

You might be correct for whatever country you live in. Because you seem rather steadfast even though if you call the USPS and ask them about the customs forms, they will literally tell you what I just did. So yeah, perhaps different countries at play here. I only know it from shipping from the US worldwide and the issues I've had to deal with other countries customs (which some are so bad it's not worth shipping there). Either way, we are just going in circles here, lol.

Azzamean likes this.
  7. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

It is likely being shipped USPS media mail as that's incredibly cheap and is done without a tracking number.

Koldar and Derium like this.
  8. Derium

Derium Avatar

But didn't they charge people $30 to cover the shipping costs for international? Priority mail international falls around that price, so I'd assume they would do at least first-class (and profit about $10 per person)

Azzamean likes this.
  9. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

Until recently, the cost was $15 for international shipping.

Bodhbh Dearg and Azzamean like this.
  10. Derium

Derium Avatar

Ahhh okay. I thought it was always $30.

Azzamean likes this.
  11. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

I am by no means an expert on this stuff, but I did find this on USPS website re: Bulk Media Mail. See below:

As of May 31, 2015, USPS Tracking can now be added for FREE to Media Mail packages. Prior to the 2015 USPS Postage Rate Increase, it would cost $1.05 to add USPS Tracking if purchased at the Post Office.

12. Corv

Corv Avatar

Awesome, can't wait to get that map :)

Not happy about no tracking though.... makes it a bit of a lottery. Btw. I sent quite a few packages overseas, in both directions, and even the cheapest version has tracking, just less detailed, so I wonder if there really is NO tracking at all.

Any news on the book signed by Richard and Tracy? Sending a second package is not cheap for sure even without tracking.

13. jm11744

jm11744 Avatar

They can't send these media mail.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
  14. Brewton

Brewton Avatar

I can't believe this thread has become a price war on what it costs to ship items. Please sit back, watch for your email and then for your package. If you don't receive it in the time frame given than email support. I'm sure they will work with everyone.

Witcheypoo, Nikko, gtesser and 4 others like this.
  15. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

If this is some dodgy way to avoid liability for lost items and i hear about people not recieving physical items sold to them i am out for real. I have always been extremely supportive of this, but its getting redicilous

And still interrested to hear what justifies $30 international shipping cost.

Derium and Corv like this.
  16. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Yeah I confirmed this at the post office not long ago, video games no longer qualify for media mail according to the USPS, if it’s an old enough game they let it slide sometimes but modern games they’d say no if you asked them.

Cordelayne likes this.
  17. Brewton

Brewton Avatar

Because all postal employees know the difference between older games which they let slide and newer games. Especially when the game is boxed up for shipping? Yeahhhhh ok

Edit: Added: Especially when the game is boxed up for shipping?

18. jm11744

jm11744 Avatar

Depends on who you get at the window, and who inspects the package. Otherwise, it's no media mail for games period.

Razimus likes this.
  19. Derium

Derium Avatar

They open media mail packages to inspect everything inside of them to make sure they meet the standards (not always, but they often do). I'd assume older games might pass because of how different the box was and newer games look like CDs? I dunno.

Razimus likes this.
  20. Brewton

Brewton Avatar

Good, then just wait like the rest of us!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.