Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Finally the feature for hiding helm, but not allowed to pvp players

Discussion in 'Release 57 QA Feedback' started by Dhanas, Aug 23, 2018.

?

Do you feel necessary to hide helm for pvp flagged?

Poll closed Aug 24, 2018.
  1. NO

14 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. YES

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

I was so happy when i read for the first time about the possibility of hide the helm ( I am so bored to see people with cabalist hoods), but then I became disappointed when I noticed you cannot do it while you are PVP flagged or in a PVP zone.
    I spend almost 80% of my game time with PVP flag on and I feel this like something unfair, because it doesn't affect the gameplay at all, it is just something aesthetic, and anyway you can always "examine" someone and discover what is him wearing.
    Any chance to change your plans and allow this to everyone?
    @Chris @Vas Corp Por @DarkStarr

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
    Antrax Artek and mccpz like this.
  2. mccpz

mccpz Avatar

Completely agree... PvP requiring helmet is a feature no one asked for...

could have saved a lot of time by asking pvpers what they wanted.

Dhanas likes this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It's not requiring you to wear a helmet. It's simply so that others can see what kind of protection you're wearing (which has always been the case).

4. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

You can always know it examining the player with the button " examine". Anyway chest piece is much more important for understand what your opponent is doing in pvp than helm, helm it's obvious and I don't need to know it to create a strategy vs him.

Anyway I phrased bad the question, it should be "Do you feel necessary to don't allow pvp players to hide their helm?"

5. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

I do not know what to mark to have helmets hide-able for everyone.
    As long as the paperdoll shows the truth, everything is fine with hidden helmets.

It is also new for me that someone makes a decision to go onto someone because of the helmet or skin colour. There are other indicators to calculate a chance.
    Additionally there are patterns for helmets, so they are already hide-able.

Since there are no tactical reason for showing the helmet it sounds more like a discrimination of PvP marked. Or it is another nice subterfuge trick of the oracle to keep her pets stabled the protected ones with her.

Witcheypoo and Dhanas like this.
  6. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Here's my take on it -

We have the Pattern system that lets people change the appearance of the only important piece (chest) anyway. And, you can already disguise (apply a pattern to) the chest piece so that someone will need to examine you to see what you are really wearing... Besides, the head slot is only 20% of your armor slots and I don't think knowing what that is will make or break your strategy against them.

I say allow this option open to everyone and not restrict a PVPer.

Witcheypoo and Dhanas like this.
  7. jschoice

jschoice Avatar

I did not see a rational anywhere for why the helmet option is not available in PvP scenes and those set to PvP. So my hunch is that there must be separate code that needs to be written that they could not fit in for this release for it to work properly. There is no advantage in knowing what head gear they are wearing especially when hitting examine tells you anyway.

Dhanas likes this.
  8. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

they've always said that if they ever did a hide helm option it wouldn't include pvp. this isn't new and it's not tech.

FrostII, liz_the_wiz and Chatele like this.
  9. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

That's fine... but as was already stated, we already have the option to "hide" what we are wearing through the pattern system. I can be wearing the most bad-ass set of armor that, between bonuses and my skills, allows me one-shot you, and it will look like I am wearing shoddy crap thanks to patterns.

Not allowing people to hide the helmet, and saying it:
    ...as the reason, when that is already something that can be accomplished, is a classic example of not engaging the brain before unlatching the jaw.

10. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

I don't care about this issue at all so here is my thoughts on it...

being able to tell if a player is wearing a head piece and what type it is does give a bit of info.

is it cloth, leather, chain, or plate. that does give info on the players play style even if just a little imo.

but again i don't care either way its just a thought on their thoughts that for some reason some are not will to consider.

examine is not the same as being able to just look at the player to get basic info btw.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  11. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

I agree but it doesn't change the strategy you are planning vs him. Seriously most of the people in PVP use cabalist hoods and we already know it, it doesn't affect at all the PVP gameplay as it is, since helmets doesn't give special abilty based on the use like the chest does. For example the elven elder pattern of chainmail and leather it's pretty similar, and this is much more annoying for understanding your opponents.

12. Draugur2

Draugur2 Avatar

Congrats to all the babies crying about the helm and pvp. You got your way.

Echondas and liz_the_wiz like this.
  13. eli

eli Avatar

"Any chance to change your plans and allow this to everyone?"
    is not crying.
    "Congrats to all the babies"
    is crying.

CatweazleX, Jaesun and Dhanas like this.
  14. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

Not a pvper, but I can't imagine how knowing what helm type someone is wearing would be very impactful to a pvp fight. Maybe I am wrong though.

15. Draugur2

Draugur2 Avatar

@eli People complained about the helm and pvp. The devs even said so. I was just stating a fact. Next will be ppl wanting to hide the cloaks, then shoes, it wont stop.

16. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

We changed this already. It now works everywhere.

17. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Considering patterns, and the fact that your skills are decided only from the chest piece, there is none, you aren't wrong. At that point only the bonuses (MW, Enchant, Artifacts) change and I doubt its that much of a difference in the way you will fight that Helmless person.

18. eli

eli Avatar

Plenty of people who don't pvp requested this feature too.. you seem to be dreaming up a culture war.

19. Daigoji Gai

Daigoji Gai Avatar

Ugh, I shouldn't have to look at a paper doll to assess from a glance the equipment my opponent is wearing which may influence whether fight or flight is triggered.
    More watering down of the hardcore elements for weak cosmetic foolishness and frellery. If you don't want your helm to be shown, don't wear a helm.
    Welp, guess the community has spoken.
    le sigh.
    ** taps out**

20. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

Well, I noticed in the QA that virtue quest item now provide an eternal pattern, and I guess you can salvage them and put it in another armor. Following your argument a PVPer need to know if someone is using a normal plate helm or the courage helm, or if he's using love or truth set or a normal leather/ cloth set ( Courage helm gives 15 str, a normal helm cannot, same with other virtue items that provide different stats from normal items).
    So why in your opinion this should be fair and allowed, and hide helm not?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.