Goodbye For Now...Sorry & Thank You...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Khalest, Aug 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion.
    As am I.

2. moxiepilot

moxiepilot Avatar

LOL I prefer to jump over them, just like in the real world

3. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Please make a video... I'd like to see that. :)

4. moxiepilot

moxiepilot Avatar

Tomorrow.

5. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Well, @Dinsoo:
    So many Zombies around wants to eat us Avatars!
    So there's no need to eat us each other :(
    Try Zombie feets, if you like those, perhaps? ;)

CatherineRose, Dinsoo and Jaesun like this.
  6. Floors

Floors Avatar

I've seen this a few times now and it must be addressed.

Q&A = Questions & Answers.

QA = Quality Assurance.

Vaiden Luro, Stevvcash, Nikko and 2 others like this.
  7. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

I have questions about what is coming and I go there to see how it works for answers. :p If I don't like the answer, I bug report it and give feedback to help with Quality Assurance.

Alley Oop and FrostII like this.
  8. Astirian

Astirian Avatar

It's a huge improvement to game flow, great change imo. Oh, and another addition to my ignore list! It's not huge I have to admit but that behaviour I can do without, manners maketh the man. He can join the horse and the baron in the oubliette. :)

9. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

We will miss you.

Paladin Michael likes this.
  10. Thadeus Crook

Thadeus Crook Avatar

It was great to have you here!

Thwip, Jaesun and Paladin Michael like this.
  11. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

I have NO problem walking around them. What I had a huge problem with was when you did manage to hit one because they were entering a store or whatever and you would become glued to that fuggah. :mad: Or the watchers chasing you down, or the guards coming up to salute you in your face. OMFG that stuff is REALLY bad in some towns!

12. KnightFalz

KnightFalz Avatar

Strangely enough, in the real world when I walk closely by another, such as when passing someone on the sidewalk, I'm not hit by a magical, invisible field that greatly inhibits my mobility simply due to proximity to another.

Fortunately, this bit of nonsense will soon be in the past.

Scanphor, Chatele, Stevvcash and 2 others like this.
  13. Humbert_Humbert

Humbert_Humbert Avatar

Wasn't this one of the main selling points they had? Different economies throughout the world because areas are separated by control points. I mean there isn't a point to control points when you can teleport to anyone on your friends list anyway.

14. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Yes, yes it was... It was a highly touted design feature.

15. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I'm of mixed feelings on this whole issue.
    I LOVED the idea of regional economies ...on paper.
    When we saw what actually came about with the game, and the way that land ownership worked, and the way that vendors worked, it became quickly evident that a regional economy was not possible with the way these systems have been implemented.

Part of this is due to no real regional separation of resources - you can get animal hides anywhere -

For things that ARE found only in 1 part of the world, say like, silver ore, which can only be obtained in decent quantities on Elysium island, you'd expect in a system with a "regional economy" that silver would be cheaper and more abundant in this area.
    However! Because of the way housing is implemented, and the tax on "public vendors" (which hardly anyone uses, except in Owls head, and even that's flagged lately), the player either has no means to sell locally, or no incentive to do so.

Take the silver example. I mine a bunch of ore in Elysium to sell. Am I going to walk out of the mine (load screen), walk out of the foothills (load screen), enter a local town - Xenos, then - wander the HUGE town finding a public vendor, that nobody lists on or looks at, pay 20% tax to sell my items ....or am I going to hit my recall scroll and go home, and list it on my tax free vendor on my front porch? Or, better yet, recall home and go to one of the many custom built market towns and list it (tax free) there?

Now, if we had no recall/teleportation ability, then yes, MAYBE someone would list locally. Me? I'd still walk home and do it to save the exorbitant 20% charge, or walk to a market town and do it where I've got higher visibility/chance to sell.
    Without COMPLETELY re envisioning housing, I just don't think it can be a thing.

I think its a shame, cause I would have LOVED to do the buy in x region, transport to y region, sell for more trading sim thing. When I first started playing I used to always look for people selling gold in Etceter. It just simply isn't more prevalent there than anything else.

I've played games where this has worked, and games where it hasn't - the latter is much more common. If you have the convenience of character to character mail, even in completely isolated 'regions' (*say , by faction) its a simple matter of making an alt and parking him at the other region. If you make the movement of commodities linked to a quest flag or some system where you must physically transport them, that's better, but with teleport to friend it was never going to work. Even the "npc price inflation" tech that is in is easily bypassable by the sheer number of player towns with npc vendors selling the same things. NPC vendors of course, being another inhibitor to regional economic development since they are fixed price everywhere.

Ultimately, I think it could work here? But we'd have rethink a lot of core systems which at this stage is unlikely. Even if the new landmass has unique resources if I can recall home with them nothing is gonna change. =/

Ben_Hroth, Vaiden Luro, mass and 6 others like this.
  16. Astirian

Astirian Avatar

+ NaN

mass likes this.
  17. Floors

Floors Avatar

I really have to ask.... why do people do this ?

If you want to leave - just leave. You can come back any time (you know you will if you stuck here this long...)

And making big thread about it, just seems like cry for attention. I mean really.

Crendel, Sentinel2, Gorthyn and 3 others like this.
  18. KnightFalz

KnightFalz Avatar

At least one must still exert a fair amount of time and effort looking about to see what all is on offer, and perhaps also to find the best price if it is something costly. If rare enough, it may require a fair bit of traveling as well to find it for sale. If a global auction house is added to go along with the global bank for the sake of even more convenience, then there will be no regional element left.

Chatele likes this.
  19. KnightFalz

KnightFalz Avatar

I don't know. Why do people seek the reasoning behind such threads? It isn't like they cause anyone any harm. One might think your intent was similar to that you suspect of the one you critique.

CarlNZ, Mykll and Sir_Hemlock like this.
  20. Humbert_Humbert

Humbert_Humbert Avatar

Regional economies seems pretty pointless to me when goods are being sold on the forms for real money.

TheBalance and Gorthyn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.