Best stuff store only - disappointing Coto merchants

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dayero, Aug 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

It takes time for a refund request to go through.

Mine took a little over 13 business days. With reduced staffing, these things can take time. I would recommend reviewing when you opened your ticket and around business day 11, send a reminder request.

I ended up with a pile of COTOs, for my mistaken purchase, which was honestly fine with me, it's easier for accounting purposes to just put it out that way, rather than "Store" money for an indefinite period of time.

Woodchuck likes this.
  2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

@Nelzie Did you by any chance claim the item that you didn’t want into the game?

I did because I made many purchases that day and the claim button just claims everything bought into the game. There is no ability to pick and choose (otherwise I wouldn’t have picked the item i wanted credit for into the game). And even so I didnt touch the item in my bank and it still had the “Reward” status on it which proves I did not actually use or tamper with the item in any way.

When I followed up my request with these arguments they simply ignored me.

3. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

I don't disagree with the conclusion - the sub is perfect low maintenance way for me to support the game / be in the telethon rewards & the COTOs cover the tax on my village lot with no further effort required. However, by your math you are including $5 for telethon participation but ignoring the fact that if you spent $5 manually you'd have got something for that $5 over and above the rewards...

4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

What specifically would you want to see in the store that you would use COTO on?

5. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

Sorry. I completely has spaced on having already been slated for the "free" access to Episode 2 as part of my WAY, WAY back Kickstarter Pledge.

When the Episode 2 thing popped up... I dutifully ordered it... read some threads and smacked myself on the head.

So... my situation is a bit different. I'm sorry things worked out differently for you. That's a real bummer. :-(

Woodchuck and Solazur like this.
  6. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

More Chainmail armor skins with Eternal Patterns.

More Sword Types, maybe more other types too. Additional style of robes would be nifty. Maybe some Character Race Change Tickets, IF/WHEN we are allowed to make Elves and Kobolds. (I like the way the Kobolds look, but... those Elves look... a bit to alien/insectoid for me though.)

I just want to see more nifty look items and decorations.

7. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Think the only thing ill disagree on you here, sincr im assuming you wernt here since beggining, but the majoriyy of PvP focused people left a long time ago. They were leaving by the dozens due to the current flagging system, lack of pvp content etc.

Othrr then that, only example is Conan there. Its not me disputing you, but it was just your claim all open world PvP mmos flop, that got me curious. As reality is most have pvp focused, levrl based battle grounds ( mmorpg) .. or end with all high end content in open pvp areas. ( shaiya. Daoc , warhammer ) is what i refrenced evenctho rhey old.
    Most games open world pvp rnt RpG based so much and are more RuSt based.. whrre anyone at any level can for most part compete with anyone. Thats what most pvpers like..

Ganking newbs is only fun in games with open ended loot. And is prevailent in games like rust or somethung but even those r more MMos. But not MMORPGs.

I cant even think of one exmaple of a purely open world Mmorpg, which is why i asked u about that claim. Its not viable. But Heavy PvPd MmoRpgs have definitly been popular in past and present.

8. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

Conan did nearly shutdown, the history of the game is well written out in it's wiki entry. They opened up as open PvP everywhere and everyone who wasn't a full time gamer, started leaving in droves, because they couldn't compete and it was no fun. They had to create a fully different Open PvP server to keep the die hard full time gamers and a flagging based PvP for the main game. If they hadn't done that, they would have been gone a long time ago.

There were others and the games you mention do have PvP, but, only as end game content when everyone should be powerful.

The people who left here, wanted full body looting, open world PvP, just like UO, but that's not where the market is anymore. It seems to work in EVE Online and that special Open world PvP server for Conan. I'm okay with those people leaving, in conversations with them, many (not ALL, just seemingly most of the vocal ones) just wanted to grief people and they'd unwittingly admit it by bragging here and there about how they destroyed some much lower character or went after someone who was AFK. Good riddance. I say unwittingly, because as I said before, when point blank asked, they'd ignore or mental gymnastics around the question.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.