Where is everyone?

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Decarpo, Aug 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Decarpo

Decarpo Avatar

I have now been playing the game for e few days, but more often than not, I find myself completely alone in the game. Towns seems dead empty.
    The first larger town I came to, Aerie, were just as empty as the starter area. Althou full of player houses?
    Doing zone tells never gives a reply, so I'm just wondering; where are all the active players in this game ?

nonaware and Luca Xante like this.
  2. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

They are in private mode :D

3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Hit '0' on the number pad to see nearby players. Maybe you're in private mode?

Paladin Michael and Decarpo like this.
  4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Welcome Decarpo!

They could be in private or group mode, or they could be totally elsewhere. During the weekends the high end spots of Upper Tears swells up. You can see them often if you open the looking for group tool, Alt-F.

I have yet to see any new players use that tool, but it would be handy for getting a little group together.

But where is everyone? I'm up by Resolute at the S Mart Factorium, and I often have two or three other people doing stuff in town. By Aerie you may find people in the little town just outside, or in Veritas Sanctuary up by Blood River.

In the weekends we tend to teleport from event to event, so unless you know about them or check LFG you will never know they are happening.

If you add me and say hi in game I can try to keep you updated about what's going on.

Oh, and on Thursday the control points open, which should lead to a lot more people running on the map instead of teleporting, so that should help a lot.

5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

friend Majoria. I am in the game now. I accept all friends requests and this will let you know there are players out there if you build that up. I see where a good 60-70 players are atm from my list.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  6. Mingo Ebonmark

Mingo Ebonmark Avatar

I had the same experience, and I still hardly see anyone. If you go into your game settings, under multiplayer, there are 3 options - many people choose the private option which means they are all in their own private instances so nobody competes with the resources. I hope in the future they will make the default revert back to OPEN every time you log into the game because I bet some people forget to change it back from private or party.

Rhiannon, Razimus, nonaware and 5 others like this.
  7. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

8. Dereck Visaard

Dereck Visaard Avatar

Welcome! We're here, just may be offline atm. You're welcome to friend me and I'll reach out as soon as I get in game. I have a town near Aerie, Veritas Sanctuary. Come by and meet some folks!

9. Galadriel O'Sullivan

Galadriel O'Sullivan Avatar

We are the shadows.

10. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Good suggestion. I've definitely gone to private mode and have forgotten to switch back.

Kibs likes this.
  11. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

I do too, but I think the best option, which should offend no one, is an extra sub-option, 'Open in Social Zones'. This would transfer any player in party or private mode into Open (should they select it) whenever they enter a POT or a PRT or the Over-world map.

Daedwax, Gaelis, Alioth and 6 others like this.
  12. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

I switch to solo and then forget I am there till I head back to a pot to craft or hang out :)

+1 for open social mode

13. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

yes +1 for social mode. I've been here syncing songs with a player. It was her first time syncing a song that had different parts to play. That is always such a great feeling.

14. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

So do those people automatically go back into their previous mode when entering an adventure scene? Or is there a checkbox for deciding that?

Default mode for adventure scenes: Open, Party, or Solo
    Default mode for social scenes: Open, Party, Solo

?

However it works, sounds like a good improvement to me, @Chris ?

Vodalion [BEAR] and Jaesun like this.
  15. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Yeah I would love an option like that! I’m usually in open mode, but the few times I set it to private, I always forget I’m still in that mode when going to town or world map.

Daedwax, Alioth and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  16. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Hi. Yes, along those lines is what I was thinking. That's why I called it a 'sub mode', it only overrides your 'primary mode' (Open, Private or Party) when you enter a 'Social' scene (POT, PRT, OW) 'If' you choose to select it.

17. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

+1 to reset the mode to open on login. So people can still switch to private/party if requested.
    Every town owner can switch their town to forced open mode (or how you call it social mode) bei enabling the PvP flag. Such a function is still included. No additional programming needed. And also people are responsible by itself to keep this enjoyable or not.

(it is much more easy to meet people in Kahli (unprotected town) as elsewhere.)

---

@Decarpo
    When you visit Veritas Sanctuary read the message board. There are names of contact persons that can help you to get a place to live and also answer some question regarding the game

18. Grimace2

Grimace2 Avatar

The days before the monthly release some of the players log in to QA server.

19. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

I'm at work around that time of the day as many others as far as I know. If you would like to connect with people, Discord sota channel will be more effective communication, I think.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  20. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

[​IMG]

Once you build up a LARGE GIGANTIC Friends List you can at least see where people are. As you can see, they are pretty well spread out.

This is from just a minute ago...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.