1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Collector's Boxes Shipping & Arriving!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Aug 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mischievous Dragon

Mischievous Dragon Riparian Reaper

If it is DPD that's gonna ship it to Finland and the shipping occurs from France to Finland, then everything will be very likely to be fine for Finnish backers like me. I had good experiences with DPD in my region in Finland so far.

2. Derium

Derium Avatar

I know these just started arriving, so I'm not worrying at all yet. I know people around me have gotten their already. But in the event ours doesn't show up soon and considering they emails were not sent, how long should we wait before contacting you about them not showing up?

Arcanoxer and Logain like this.
  3. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

I couldn't agree more. The USPS in Washington, DC is awful. I cannot tell you how many packages I have had go missing over the years. In those instances though, at least I had a tracking number and was able to get some kind of restitution. If this package gets lost Portalarium will have a very agitated Avatar driving to Austin to get another...in person! ;)

Vyrin, FrostII, Koldar and 5 others like this.
  4. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Urgs. DPD. Of all of them it had to be DPD. Ah at least it's getting closer. Just a bit more to the east...

Duke Olahorand and Cordelayne like this.
  5. paleblue

paleblue Avatar

I live 3 hours from Austin and still no package. :(

6. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Possibly the same reason that it's so cheap to mail stuff from China. There are international postal treaties that make it very cheap to mail things from another country.
    In addition to this, of course.

Cordelayne likes this.
  7. Corv

Corv Avatar

My package arrived today (NC). Sticker is on box.

8. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Also, I block incoming mail on my SMTP server from many of the "new" TLDs because they are unironically good for nothing but spam. Yes, I even block ".info". And most international too, so if they are sending from a ".fr", it'll bounce hard.

Logain likes this.
  9. darkskwerl

darkskwerl Avatar

Just received mine over in the boondocks of Maine. Even got more goodies than I was expecting, so that was nice

10. Ataniiq

Ataniiq Avatar

If I purchased early access through Steam do I get a physical copy? I have the Benefactor title.

11. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Lol too funny Elwyn. I just listened to an NPR Planet Money Podcast that explained why it's cheaper to ship an item from China than it would be to mail a package to me here in DC. Its fascinating! Link below:

https://www.npr.org/sections/money/2018/08/01/634737852/episode-857-the-postal-illuminati

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  12. Mandalar

Mandalar Avatar

I'm guessing they produced the physical goods in two batches, one batch = Founder, and second batch = Benefactor. I would assume Benefactor physical goods would arrive later than Founder physical goods. I assume the Founder goods were manufactured first. But this is just my personal thoughts. I have zero official knowledge of Portalarium's production or shipping.

Ataniiq likes this.
  13. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

Some of us live in a different hemisphere.... doesn't hurt to have some patience :) Chill out everyone!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
    FrostII, Sean Silverfoot and thradia like this.
  14. Corv

Corv Avatar

Not gonna lie, the manual with Loubet's drawings takes me back to Ultima 6 and 7. Very well done!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  15. GraveDncer

GraveDncer Avatar

No email, no box. Should I be concerned?

16. Logain

Logain Avatar

I am aware of that. But the post by DarkStar mentions they are looking into the subject which might mean that we are going to receive an email (later on). And if that IS the case, I'd like to know the sender, subject and attachment. And if we are NOT going to get an email, I'd like to know when we should contact Portalarium and through which channel.

Brent S, Koldar, GraveDncer and 2 others like this.
  17. Sergorn

Sergorn Avatar

I don't know about other countries, but over here Chronopost/DPD are pretty much the best and most reliable delivery company.

So yes I got the box this morning, very happy with it in erm of look and and feel : strong Ultima vibe all around.

I'll admit being a bit dissapointed with the manual content though : I was expecting a full lore book in Ultima tradition and it only has like 3 pages of lore. :( Oh well... The Loubet art is fantastic though :)

(Also sticker on Box, and I suspect the Reddit guy also had the sticker on box and thought it was on the shrink wrap because you can very much fit it all through it)

-Sergorn

18. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Months ago.

19. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

I believe it was in the same post, maybe same sentence as the statement that the book was too big to ship in the box. I searched the forums but could not find Starr's post. From memory, it said the book was too large and would have to be shipped separately.

*Edit: changed 'had' to 'would have to' so as not to imply the books were shipped because at the time of Starr's post, they were not.

**Edit: @Preachyr found Starr's post here

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  20. Preachyr

Preachyr Avatar

Here ya go
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...rums-or-in-the-telethons.132383/#post-1077941

evillego6 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.