Chris' Recent Comments on Decay and Taming

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bayard, Aug 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bayard

Bayard Avatar

I haven't seen any mention of Chris' comments when he was on Saturday morning's Wake Up New Britannia broadcast on WRFB with @Woftam and @Justyn04 so here you go. Many thanks to Chris for taking the time to be on the show early on a Saturday morning!

@Chris answered various listener questions for an hour or so but two discussions caught my attention; decay and taming. I wish I would have stopped playing and taken notes but I remember the gist of what he said.

DECAY - The bottom line is Chris said he is going to relook decay and something will be done to make it less punishing. One idea he mentioned was possibly changing the 2x penalty on 101+ skills to 120+. There were a few other ideas as well. While he didn't commit to any specific action, the fact he is going to review decay is very encouraging!

TAMING - The biggest takeaway here is there will be very powerful creatures to tame but they will require at least a 100 summoning skill and have one life. If they die, they are gone and you'll have to go tame another one.

There was more but I was adventuring and know I missed some juicy info so if you have anything to add, please reply and add your info.

EDIT: I'm not sure if the shows are archived. If they are and someone has a link, please post it here.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
    Neonis, FrostII, Witcheypoo and 10 others like this.
  2. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Got a link for the show where we can listen ?

Synergy Blaize and amarious like this.
  3. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

@Woftam & @Justyn04
    Last weekends Wake Up New Britannia broadcast was the first time I have listened to your station & it was great!

Alas, I was busy at the time & missed so much of it...
    I looked to see if it was repeated later in the week, but it seems it is not.
    Any chance of a re-run please?

FrostII likes this.
  4. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Synergy Blaize and Nelzie like this.
  5. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

@Chris. If this is true that the highest creatures have 1 life, then You have to make them to be Tamed by solo tamers not groups.

6. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

I like this idea regarding decay... I've been noting that my gear is just "melting" away lately. LOL

I was unaware that the better that I am, the more wear happens to my gear... I don't know if I'm ever going to go much past 100 on any skills, because of my play time, I'm actually getting my character to a place where I'm quite happy and I might just get a handful of primary combat skills up to 100 and all the rest in the 80's and feel more than adequate... until I don't. LOL

Alley Oop and Witcheypoo like this.
  7. Floors

Floors Avatar

If you want to feel inadequate, just go to the Obsidian Trials.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  8. Jack SinAssist

Jack SinAssist Avatar

9. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Found The Shows thank you Jack ...guess they havnt uploaded the recent interview yet they all seem to be months old.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  10. Woftam

Woftam Avatar

Hi Guys,

Sorry, I've been a bit slack with getting the show up for repeat - my bad :( - Snowed under with work and University. I'll try and get it up before the weekend.

11. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Lowering the decay penalty has got bad idea written all over it, in my opinion. This is coming from a player who has many, many skills 101+, and some 120+. This essentially is removing more risk from the game. Along with Double XP around every corner anyone will be able to join the game and be AdvLvl 110+ in under 6-months. This will competely ruin the game. Just another way to rush the boredom.

12. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I think this may be normal for someone who doesn't feel the need to grind forever. I've felt comfy since AL80 or so many months ago. I'm up to AL92 now, and have had a pool in the 14M range for a few months. The main thing I spent XP on was unlocking all my skills, and taking skills from 60 to 80 for attunement. I still have Death and Moon specialization left to unlock, but everything else is done.

Jaesun, Nelzie and Alley Oop like this.
  13. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

There is two types of "decay" that people talk about in Shroud. One is the gear being damaged. This should be called durability, or gear damage. The other one is decay of already acquired XP due to a death. This is what is being discussed there.

Nelzie likes this.
  14. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

This is what I'm thinking of doing. Keeping and building a massive pool of XP. I'll probably focus more on "going for broke" with the Crafting Skills, as it would be pretty bitchin' to one day be considered one THE go to crafters for consistently high level gear with specialized components.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  15. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

I'm cool with very powerful tamed pets only having one life. Makes the tamer focus on taking care of his/her pet.

16. Boradic Boneslasher

Boradic Boneslasher Avatar

question though if it has only 1 life...……. then how do you take care of it? an wouldn't that make taking summoning to and combat training to 120+ kinda worthless, since the give from that is hp same with specialization?

Witcheypoo likes this.
  17. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

Maybe high level pets can take 40 hours of combat to bond with you and then they can be rezzed? If you pet is under 40 hours of combat it dies?
    I was gonna just say 30 days but people would just throw em in a chest for 30 days till they bond.

Neonis and Witcheypoo like this.
  18. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

I meant taking care of the pet in battle, don't let him die!

19. Boradic Boneslasher

i am just wondering really , why use a pet in a battle if it only has 1 hp an once it dies you have to get a new one..... seems more just like a trophy pet

Witcheypoo likes this.
  20. Boradic Boneslasher

ok your saying taking care of it in battle...….. how would that be possible lol as he is hit he is gone forever... a heal before a hit does nothing lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.