Looking forward to these new dungeons!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Duke William of Serenite, Aug 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

I can't wait any longer!

Aartemis likes this.
  2. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

Very Much So - Agree!!!

It will be difficult to temper the excitement and exercise the patience that is going to be needed as this system goes through its tiered/iterated development.
    • Initially everyone's dungeon will be the same, and after a trip or two inside, they will probably sit unused while we wait for the builder.
    • Saying goodbye to all the stored up resources - This is going to put a major drain on what is out there and hopefully much more then just granite and wood.
    • Even when we get the dungeon builder, we may not have working encounter rooms/leveling of them. This will probably take a good amount of testing.
    • Dungeons won't really begin to feel fluid without quests, containers, traps, and other such add-ons.
    • Dungeon to Dungeon Teleporters (Just sayin')
    I really do believe this is going to be an amazing system! Lets all take a deep breath and know its going to be a bit before we get all the tools we really need/want to make them fun and exciting!

Easier said then done for me sometimes. :D

3. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Is it, or will it be possible to connect one player dungeon to another player dungeon?
    If they exist within some overland map radius of each other?
    We could construct an underground web that spans the continent...
    And it would be explainable in Lore as the population moved underground for a time after the cataclysm.

4. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

I have talked with Chris on this, and he has mentioned it in livestreams. There would need to be some restrictions, like it only connects to other PM Dungeons and not basements, towns, houses, etc. When we talked about doors and chests, he mentioned right clicking on them in design mode to get a unique key (perhaps a gold charge) that works with it. That key can be placed anywhere or given in quests. So taking that idea further, what if you could right click on a teleporter (or entrance skin) and get a token that could be taken to another PM dungeon and placed as its mirror destination. Then you could set one-way or two-way access, quest access, on/off etc.

5. Floors

Floors Avatar

The big rooms look really, really nice. So nice I'm wondering why the main dungeons in the game can't look that nice and be scaled that way.

Give us a sense of wonder instead of like 10 x 10 x 10 corridors.....

6. Floors

Floors Avatar

So a couple of things that I think are issues right away with the Dungeons:

1.) We can't place them anywhere but on the first floor of a house.

This is a shame. for obvious reasons, we'll want to be able to enter them from basements, because it will give reasons to explore player housing. And on top floors. That limits their usefulness a lot. I have a themed basement and I want a dungeon in it, not in the first floor of my house.

2.) The entrances are too huge for the limitations in #1. They're just, ginormous, except the tomb one.

Other than that love these new rooms. Really nice.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  7. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

putting in portals to link dungs can be done without exploit (aka, fast travel around the map) by just setting making the person exit at the same location they entered no matter where they exit.

8. idaniod

idaniod Avatar

I purchased the 'book entrance' for the dungeon - 50point … and placed it outside on my lot in Soltown… very small - takes up almost no space..

Jaesun and Witcheypoo like this.
  9. Floors

Floors Avatar

Eventually the sizes won't be linked like they are now to the patterns, but the issue remains - not everyone wants a chillblain's compendium, and all the other entrances are large, not to mention the main issue of my points which is : not being able to be used anywhere but first floor.

Why ? There must be some esoteric technical reason, but it really kinda sucks.

10. Sylence

Sylence Avatar

I put one up in Soltown. Take Soltown Main Avenue south to Resident Loop. Turn right on Resident Loop, and its the third house on the left. Its maybe a little buggy today - first day of the patch.

11. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

Napar Goods in Novia Market is now selling Dungeon entrances (also a dungeon entrance in the showroom). And I plopped down a 125 point dungeon in Brittany Fields (4 lots to the right, coming in the main entrance).

moko likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.