New stuff on the addon store!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brass Knuckles, Sep 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

This is a awesome idea, thanks... would love to see more like this.

Can you add a upgrade from non water (POT)deed to water deed (POT) without me needing to spend another 1200 to get it? Because thats not gonna happen but id pay for a upgrade if priced reasonable.

Im sure there will be some backlash ignore it! This is the right call.

@DarkStarr

2. amarious

amarious Avatar

Hell yes! And a bow pattern. I've been wondering when they were going to add more stuff since I already have everything I wanted. I'm pretty excited about the crafting stations.. I might want to finally upgrade my home from a two story viking row lot to something a bit bigger, ganna need some more room up in this b!

Now I can only hope they get some killer Halloween stuff in, last years seemed a bit dull. The year before that they had the rotting corpse costume, flesh cloak, and the mask with horns. Last year didn't seem like they had much.

Will these also be in game for cotos?

Olthadir, Neonis and Sole like this.
  3. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Yea this is gonna hit my pocket book...

I was gonna do this at telethon hours, but think I need to do it now incase they change thier minds.

Dont imop, though this might impact some pledge upgrades. Alot more people will have $30 spend vrs 500+

[​IMG]

4. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

Obviously Portalarium is a company that needs money to operate. They're not charging a monthly fee for game play. Perhaps breaking out some of the bundle items for sale as single item sales works to bring in income from people that can't drop near $600 for a village bundle (to get a Commission Free Vendor). Or $1000+ to get an expert crafting station. Just because someone can get a commission free vendor (or any other new item in the list) doesn't really impact my game at all, so I don't really care.

5. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

This will help to give new players a parity with the older ones who backed the games initial development. To expand/survive we need new players and those new players not to feel like second class citizens due to not backing at the game at conception ( for any number of reasons) and missing out on advantages the older backers have gotten.

The mentality of being behind older players is a serious limiter i feel for acquiring new players, and even if commission free vendors only give 10% extra profit, its the mentality of them(old backers) and us ( new players) which can only be bad for encouraging new players....More is needed to level the playing field but this is a great start imo.

Us older backers have helped birth this baby....But now we need some help and encouraging others to come and help share the further development to give it the best chance of survival we can is a good and in reality the only sensible move, for all of us to accept and encourage....

Good move imo…...

6. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

commission free vendor have always left a bad taste in my mouth honestly with how they were gated by a big bundle buy and how powerful they were economically compared to normal in game player vendors.

the big thing would be to get them and bundles on the coto vendors next release imo.

I don't care about the crafting benches so much other then we should be able to craft versions of them like we can with engraving kits and tools.

7. Dyonisys

Dyonisys Avatar

The cf vendor price is a real mess for my point of view. At least if port could have stayed in touch with market this is non sense in my point of view, this does really bother me with the fact I had to buy bundle to get some or pay far more... would accept lot of those item out of bundle but not at this stupid prices....

StarLord likes this.
  8. mystarr

mystarr Avatar

HOLY COW!!!!! Commission Free vendors For $39 ($31 on sale)!!!!!!!

Do they even know that those things have been selling for $100 to $120 for years.

They could have charged $80-$100 and it would have been a deal.
    (Its like they don't even care if they make money)

House prices are ridiculously high and something lots of people want and are willing to pay for is comparatively cheap!?!?!? GO FIGURE!?

The price is awesome, but the number of people that buy village bundles is gonna plummet.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
    Bom, Sonja, Verit and 12 others like this.
  9. Selene

Selene Avatar

Good luck getting people to fork over 1k plus on episode 2 funding bundles.

Bom, Sonja, Pikegirl and 13 others like this.
  10. bastianbu

bastianbu Avatar

I feel a bit kicked in the face ... by the exclusive comission free vendors and crafting stations now in the shop on sale ....

Bom, Sonja, Dereck Visaard and 17 others like this.
  11. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

After THIS? Not one cent from me!
    And today I will watch a good movie instead of the livestream!

Bom, Sonja, Boedy Arc and 9 others like this.
  12. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

@Lazarus Long Amen! I am so sad over this. Many of us bought the special bundles for some of the special items that could not be gotten any other way. I am sad very sad. I want our game to succeed but it seems something is wrong and it scares me.

Bom, Sonja, Boedy Arc and 24 others like this.
  13. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

I understand the betrayal some are feeling with the addition of previously exclusive bundled items for relatively cheap prices in the add-on store. This change likely impacts me as much or more than most, having purchased many Bundles and Pledges. That said, I do fully support the change with caveats.

Please keep in mind NOTHING we bought will have value if this game shuts down. There are obvious signs this game is on life support.

While no doubt these changes will impact future purchases of expensive bundles, hopefully the influx of new cash and new players will create a stable future for the game.

I believe long term backers have paid a huge price with this change so I plead with the Developers to stop F'ING things up and ensure you continue with the Quality of Life changes. Stop NERFING every damn thing we do in this game that is somewhat enjoyable. Ask yourself if a new feature is FUN and will be enjoyed by the majority of the player base before wasting development time (PS: NO MORE PVP ****). Consider this a "give me" from long term backers, now get your **** together and secure the future of this game with continued successful releases.

Also let us teleport to any property we own, enough of this BS.

@DarkStarr

14. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I'll be watching NBNN this afternoon. Then watching the live stream. Very surprised by this.

I bought into several bundles to get the extra's I couldn't get any other way without spending a LOT of IGG. Had I known, I wouldn't have needed to.

Sonja, Mhtic and Razimus like this.
  15. Thwip

Thwip Avatar

*grabs popcorn*

*blinks and looks around *

16. Floors

Floors Avatar

I can understand why people are mad, but crafting stations, even expert ones, are available everywhere in towns anyway, and I really needed another commission free vendor so... I can't really be too mad.

Nelzie, Olthadir and Arya Stoneheart like this.
  17. Sea Bear

Sea Bear Avatar

Tend to agree with you on this Laz,

My first thought was how does this effect me (as always)?

My 3 expert crafting sets just got trashed as well as my 5 commission free vendors acquired thru pledges I made over time a few years ago back when I foolishly trusted and believed in the game developers.
    I have grown used to this, so I won't waste anymore of yours or my time beating a dead horse.
    I was a fool to believe that the developers would do things to protect or honor those that helped make the dream come alive.

Recently went out and bought a few water lot deeds in the marketplace so I can slowly prepare to transition my player owned town over to a more water based port city in anticipation of Episode 2 to include the much talked and dreamed about opening of the the worlds oceans for sailing and adventuring.
    This has always been my dream since I started playing this game.

Then read in the forums that water expansion was not happening in episode 2.
    So that was another dumb mistake.

Now you are pushing "full water" lot deeds to go along with the "full water" markers we got as POT owners a couple weeks ago, ...which I really loved.
    Until I once again thought about the decision to blow off water expansion in EP2.

Water homes and water lot deeds are still going to be useless for a very very long and almost all of them make crappy homes.

Just doesn't make sense to me. Why would I spend anymore money on these things if the actual use of them didn't come true, even with thousands of people pledging millions of dollars over the last few years?

Now we are expected to jump all over ourselves with excitement as a second round of rebadged items appears with way to high prices and even crazier stretch goal targets.
    If we could even put out half the pets all of us have in our banks to enjoy on our properties it might be a little bit more plausible. But that aspect of the game has gone completely off the radar.

I think I will go find something else to do today.

18. Dyonisys

Dyonisys Avatar

They could have put like +3 station instead of the usual +5 and let still feel people who put money on bundle and pledge feel good they still got a little something more

Bom, Sonja, Chatele and 8 others like this.
  19. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

The +5 Stations are Everywhere, for Anyone to use. I just don't see the point at all of making that an issue. So many towns have them in shared Pavilions and Lots.

Nelzie, Olthadir, Elwyn and 6 others like this.
  20. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I just checked them out and Im not that concerned. Ya, they just crushed the commission free vendor and table sells, glad I sold mine but everything else is strait broken out of bundles. If anything, the real RMT'ers (if they even really still exist) may be unhappy about Port moving more into individual sells which may effect their prices. But are there really many who still do this? the Reddit guys call me an RMT'er all the time to attack me when Im just selling off stuff I bought over the past 2.5 to actually use. When I sold me Keep lot, I had no place for most of it.

I dont see it as a big deal but I may say that I am happy I sold off most my Duke pledge already and my actual inventory of stuff I bought over the past 2.5 years is sold. But thats the key, the stuff I have bought in the add on store is selling great in game at 3800 per $1. So what, people will buy these and slap them up for gold in game to and they will still sell.

But people here attacked me in a thread yesterday for saying that dungeon and PoT sales were probably the only thing keeping Ports light on right now and sales have been good so they should stay focused on these because they have great potential.

So many people fight me here when I say things like this, there is no one playing this game except a core set of people. We have one more shot at population with the box going up in Amazon and hopefully some marketing. Splitting this stuff out of bundles is just another shot at that and like someone else said, its probably better then them shutting the game down.

I just had 2 friends, some of the most hard core players of this game basically quit in the past month, people who were actually heavily into the Seed investment too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.