New stuff on the addon store!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brass Knuckles, Sep 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

People made an assumption that expert crafting tables and commission free vendors, because only available in bundles or from early pledges for the last few years, that this would always be the case. The prices of these items has always been driven by their perceived scarcity (ie, from pledges or must break up a bundle) and that no new items with the same functionality would ever exist. The pledge expert tables are still 'unique' (different look). Same thing with rare, high level bundle patterns or pets.

And what happened?
    People were making a fortune cutting up bundles or accounts and reselling the exclusive items contained within. For cash. All completely fine - don't get me wrong, I have no issue with the RMT folks doing their thing. I've bought plenty of items this way that there was no other way to get. But if someone's going to make thousands of dollars off this game, I want that money to go to PORT, to help support development, and not in someone's pocket. I'm glad that Port are going to get a piece of this pie now.

Am I upset that my pallas cat, that gets all sorts of reactions because many people have never seen one and squeal with glee at its fluffiness, is now 8 bucks and everyone will have it? Eh, maybe a bit. But I also remember the frustration of seeing it for the first time and thinking OMG WANT and there being no way to get it other than convincing husband that he really needs to upgrade that bundle...:x I also see no problem whatesoever with the entire world being overrun with pallascats. More pallascats, may their fluffiness spread far and wide!

Coming into the game now new players are constantly asking "Oh, that's cool, where do I get that?" And they've got their wallet out, yeah? And I have to say pledge, or expired, or exclusive - and there's not even a viable alternative. Pledge etc. stuff should be rare, not got an issue with that, but similar functionality items I feel have been long needed. Lets get that new money.

Now where's my prosperity ingot mold? Cmon guys....

Witcheypoo, Lace, Greyfox and 10 others like this.
  2. Fungus

Fungus Avatar

Runebooks with be on the store next, they will be exclusive pink ones for $squillions but wait brown ones will be available for $5 in 6months ;) you heard it here first! /sarcasm off and little hope here

Sonja, 3devious, Verit and 2 others like this.
  3. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Sorry, I don't know this guy.

[​IMG]

:D

4. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

No... I am no expert in buggery.

Cordelayne likes this.
  5. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

But, they are, or they will be...
    • All Add-On Store items are made available on CotO merchants in-game.
    • Many people sell CotO in-game for in-game gold.
    • As CotO are available for in-game gold, and Add-On Store items are available for CotO, all Add-On store items are available for in-game gold.
    Your argument is specious, your rage manufactured.

6. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Agree

Witcheypoo and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

It's not shutting down and welcome back. Just lots of changes and the game is evolving due to feedback and for funding requirements.

8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

The thing is even though some things lost value other things will gain value. We just have to see how the market goes for those changes. I would rather have a game.

Witcheypoo, Scanphor, Jaesun and 2 others like this.
  9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well many of us had our turn. Hopefully we will get new blood who will buy different things than we did. We had to change imo. I am as surprised as everyone about many of the changes and true I maybe can relax because I never expected or planned to get my money spent on this game back even though it has been a pretty good chunk of cash. I do know many who spent more of course. Everyone feels the way they do though. I'm not trying to say how that should be. For me I want this game to succeed and I feel it has to change.

Witcheypoo, Scanphor, Jaesun and 2 others like this.
  10. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all, I am here with my 2 coins. I am disappointed that port has taken this path to additional funds. To me it shows a lack of imagination. First I would like to explain why I am disappointed. During the Kickstarter and even after we were told that early backers would receive items that were exclusive. Even though this has been technically maintained it is a bit of a misdirection. Items like the crystal sword, founders and benefactors clothing and weapons, even Tax Free deeds are still exclusive. Unfortunately there are many items that are unique in name only. Like this from the Knight Pledge "A unique piece of furniture, fit for a Knight, identifiable as a Founder's piece, as a digital, in-game decoration for your house (What could it be? A Knight's Round Table, perchance?)" I am sure few people will complain about cosmetic items that were listed as founder or benefactor having like or similar items because they are only cosmetic and now offer eternal patterns.

Items that affect game play though are a different thing. Again from the Knight Pledge One Expert level crafting station for your home, uniquely identifiable as a Founder's crafting station.. This is where I am disappointed in ports creativity. They were creative enough to make the Artisan tools a +2 and keep the Prosperity tools a +3. Why not do the same thing with the crafting stations or anything else they said was going to be unique? An Expert crafting station that had a +5 in enchanting would leave the founder/benefactor station unique and add something new that could be included in a new bundle for E2 funders.

Anyway I will continue to play and will also continue to collect "unique" although at a much lower pace. I have never been in this game to make money for profit just to make money to be able to buy more things. I know a lot of people are here to make money and I hope they have gotten their investment back out of it and continue to play with no hard feelings. As for people that have not gotten their money back please keep playing and watch for true collectors like myself to buy your items because they really are still "Unique".

Bom, Sonja, 3devious and 5 others like this.
  11. Crowell

Crowell Avatar

I don't have any rage but I had to report your message because of the words you used. And the fact you said "they are... oh no, just wait, they will be..." just show how unclear everything is in your mind.

If you have to pay COTOs to get those items, someone has to pay for the COTOs with $ (yes, even with the suscription thing). And if the people who pay $ are fewer, then the people who want to buy those items for IGG via COTOs will have to pay an higher price. Not to mention that new users still have to find out that they can actually acquire COTOs at a decent price (after checking dozens of player vendors) in order to get their own vendor.

THAT, my friend, is the only reliable thing people have to consider : Nobody won't get any CF vendor or crafting expert station if the community don't pay $ for those. The fact that the Pay-to-Win here is heavily mitigated with the RMT thing clearly does not prevent me from seeing it clearly. Because still, the guy who buy COTOs and sell those for gold coins... is actually paying to win !!!

Note that I'm not here to "make money". I'm just disappointed that more and more things in this game show how bad the decision to support it was, even when someone (like us) just try to get some of our wrong spendings back...

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  12. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

It is still unique.

Mishikal and Arradin like this.
  13. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I agree with you. And crafting stations and vendors for all is laudable and fine. I just don’t think it needed to be Pallas cats and shiba Inu dogs for all nor was it needed for the health of the game. They never needed to separate these out from the bundles and sell them for 8$. They added them in to make the 3300 tier enticing.

They could have done a reskin or something.

Sonja, Sentinel2, Thwip and 4 others like this.
  14. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

I lol'ed at that...

but it sucks for sure that they are the only ones with global chat. probably the single most important thing for new player retention and help is an "EXCLUSIVE" item for the "Nobility" and we have seen now how they are with sharing their "EXCLUSIVE" items and privileges with us the unwashed have we not my friends.

15. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Indeed. I said I have (and did until yesterday, still haven't claimed the fifth yet because sleep took priority) four CFV. And I was very careful with how I used them. I didn't use them for parting and reselling bundles, I didn't put one in every city I could. (so what happened to that "LIBERTY" guy, anyhow?) I carefully chose where I put them. Actually, the Etan Glen location didn't do well (I still think it could someday with more players), but I didn't have a better place for it, and the bundle for my fourth vendor also got me a TF POT deed which gave him a place to be. I actually don't have a place for my "impulse buy" yet.

For those who are complaining that they got "devalued", were you even using them? If you weren't, shame on you for wasting opportunity, and if you were, guess what, you got the value by using them when they were harder to acquire. Sorry about those caught in by surprise in the past few weeks.

Also, I have never cared to consider a real money value of my items. I got them so I could play the game my way, with lots of capitalism. Yes, I do attempt to make money, but I only bother to get IGG. (which I also may invest in COTOs as a hedge against the usual MMO devaluation of such) I'm playing the long game, which needs players. If there aren't enough players, the game dies, and my stuff is worthless anyhow. So my personal interest is in what brings a healthy player base.

My only disagreement is that I think they could have rightly charged $10 more. But gating them behind bundles caused supply that was well below demand, so they commanded a $100+ price from the few who were able to afford breaking the bundles. Maybe those folks can adjust by charging a little more for their TF POT deeds, something which is not in Port's financial interest to separate from the bundles. (it is consideration of waiving lot taxes in exchange for a large purchase now, rather than later effort to earn IGG or buy COTOs.)
    Selling things for IGG doesn't accomplish the primary objective of funding the game. That is what COTOs are for. Either you bought the COTOs yourself (and Port directly got funding), or someone else bought them, and you trade IGG to that someone for the stored funding value of the COTOs. IGG comes from player effort, which does not keep the lights on. But you can trade it to someone who got COTOs in return for funding the game. The subtlety of the two-tier money system isn't easy to understand, but that (and not binding cash shop items to players like some games do) keeps it from being a P2W hell. You don't have to pay money to Port, but you need to at least make it worthwhile for someone else to.
    TF deeds are not P2W. They simply move the cost of funding the game from a slow drip over years to right away in a bundle, in exchange for not having to bother with it ever again. They don't give you any actual advantage. CF vendors were the only thing I considered P2W, and that was because the regular vendors charged you for repricing. That was a big advantage, but it has been fixed. There was still some advantage because they were in insufficient supply, and now that has been fixed too.
    [​IMG]

16. 3devious

3devious Avatar

You can have my orb.

Cordelayne and nonaware like this.
  17. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

My takeaways:
    1. Portalarium has magic RMT nerf-hammer and can swing it any time
    2. The future of all commissioned vendors look grim
    3. Legions of fluffy pallas cats and shiba inu dogs will flourish and eventually take over Novia
    The End.

[​IMG]

Bom, Sonja, Witcheypoo and 7 others like this.
  18. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

Still not pay to win.

The items are availible, as we speak ( Because im literally looking at one right now ) for ingame gold.

You say that you regret backing the game, you say that you are bored and plan to leave, you say that you are not here to make money......... But the business model was EXTREMELY obvious from day one.

There is one simple basic fact, that you need to think about before making up your mind:
    Any person who truly support the game, will understand that these changes are for the better for the game, even if people ( Myself included ) has had items devalued.

19. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

no thanks I don't want to be a part of it.

20. Brian4

Brian4 Avatar

Without doing a research, I don't think portalrium intended for people to make money off CF Vendors and that is the biggest complaint going on. I feel it would have been better received if they put them on the add-on store day 1 of persistence. Everyone from persistence till Friday has profited off them. If you paid 500 something for a village bundle to thousands for a castle deed, then awesome you helped them get the game off to a great start and you got your nice cf vendor. Now if you decided to buy several accounts to get these benefits and start picking apart those bundles and making money back on your investment, then bravo. Time for Portalarium to start making some cash get their staff back up and more funds for more development hours. If I'm not mistaken the value of the CF vendors were created by the backers, and Honestly, a lot of the RARE things or Items That backers have received and trying to pawn off to newcomers are ridiculously priced. I'm not complaining about it I just don't buy it, UNLESS I want it. Plain and simple. Collector's, Casual Players, Roleplayer's, and people not worried about selling there things for real cash are all getting a bonus now. RMT concerned people are definitly going to be upset because they bought several bundles on several accounts thinking they found the HOLY GRAIL of RMT Sales in a video game and became selfish and only concerned for Portalarium to keep making and GIVING Items to them to make Real Cash off. AND they have. Bravo once again. Now it is just Time to accept changes and move along and make your money some other way.

Witcheypoo, K1000, Mishikal and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.