Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Telescopes

Discussion in 'Release 57 Feedback' started by Fionwyn Wyldemane, Sep 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

It's wonderful that the visual for telescopes were cleared up (made less blurry), but they still don't seem to actually enlarge anything.

Additionally, the field of vision was changed, which I don't mind so much, but it is so restricted as to make the telescopes almost useless for sky gazing.

That said I am wondering:

1. Will telescopes ever actually enlarge the object being viewed?

2. Is there any chance the field of view can be increased to give them more functionality? 180 degrees would make sense. IMHO.

Elrond, Gorthyn and Witcheypoo like this.
  2. Undone

Undone Trap Master Moderator SOTA Developer

The way the celestial objects are currently rendered makes this rather difficult. They all currently stay the same size regardless of the camera position. I have experimented with code that enlarges the celestials based on the telescope zoom - BUT this turns out to be a huge issue with the moon debris as it extends way too far once enlarged. I still have the code tucked away somewhere and may revisit it at some point in the future.

In regards to the limited field of view: this was done to try and prevent visual clipping for the larger telescope. The smaller scope could probably have it's angle range expanded a little.

3. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Thanks for the information, I truly appreciate it. I love the telescopes as deco, but I have to admit they are pretty useless now, especially with such a limited field of vision. Oh well. It's a minor thing in the larger scheme! You have bigger fish to fry :D Thanks for all you do!!

Witcheypoo, Aldo and Undone like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.