1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Collector's Boxes Shipping Phase 2 (and printed book update)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Sep 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Greetings Avatars,

As of three weeks ago almost 4000 Collector’s Boxes shipped out to eligible backers (Explorer level and above) who supported us during the initial Kickstarter campaign or through our website prior to January 4, 2016! The good news is that these have been arriving as planned! The not so good news is about 700+ of you have yet to receive your boxes. We expect all of these initial 4000 boxes, or what we have been calling internally, Phase 1, to arrive no later than September 21, 2018.

There are several reasons for these remaining 700+ boxes not yet being shipped. Please review the following to make sure none of them apply to you BEFORE contacting us about your missing box:

1. Shipping Address Not Confirmed By User: The shipping address provided was not confirmed by the user. This was an extra step that all users had to take after entering a shipping address. Several users missed this step because it was not communicated as well as it could have been.
    2. Shipping Address Unable To Be Confirmed: Some addresses when entered by users were unable to be confirmed by the system. There was a message to the user about this but some users simply ignored this message or clicked past it. If you are using Microsoft Edge, please try to confirm your address using a different browser, as we have been having issues with forms on our website not submitting on MS Edge.
    3. Shipping Addresses Getting “Un-Confirmed”: The system is sometimes causing user addresses to become “un-confirmed” when a purchase is made or some other account change occurs. This sends users to issue 1 identified above.
    4. Shipping Address Not Provided: Some users never provided a shipping address at all.
    5. Shipping Address Incomplete: Some users provided an address and the address was marked confirmed but it was incomplete (missing apartment number for example).
    6. International Shipping Payment Not Provided: Some users never provided international shipping payment for addresses outside the United States.
    7. Cutoff Dates Missed: We provided a cutoff date where a shipping address and international shipping payment needed to be provided. If you missed that date your Collector’s Box may not have been in the Phase 1 Shipment.
    If you have met all of the above requirements (address confirmation, shipping payment) and you still do not have your box by September 21, 2018 then please contact support@portalarium.com before October 19, 2018 and we will do our best to get you your Collector’s Box in our Phase 2 shipment which we hope to begin shipping in Q4 of 2018.

Please note we cannot guarantee fulfillment to anyone who does not meet the above requirements (address confirmation, shipping payment) before October 19, 2018 or contacts us after that date.

Printed Book: As many of you have noted at the Patron (and above) pledge level one of the rewards is a printed version of the prequel novel “Blade of the Avatar” (aka “Sword of Midras”). Our original plan was to get copies of the book from the book publisher for distribution but we could not work out an equitable deal with them and we were not happy with how they laid out the illustrations in the book. Instead of using the beautiful Denis Loubet illustrations at the beginning of each chapter (as they were designed), they instead put them all lumped together at the beginning of each section of the book. So we have chosen to print the book ourselves and ship them to you directly. This will take some extra time and we will provide an update as soon as we have more information.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    Ancev, Sonja, Net and 42 others like this.
  2. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Thank you for the update about both the collector's boxes and the books! Much appreciated :)

3. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

Thanks for the heads up! I have updated my address (the same one) about 15 times now over the last year. It looks like it finally took. lol!

4. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Same here, guess we were bitten by the add-on store purchase bug. Glad to hear I'll still be getting my items.

5. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

@DarkStarr - What would you like us to do if we are missing item(s), or received the wrong item(s)?

I have received one of 4 boxes I should get. The one I did receive is an LotM2 Pledge, but I did not get the framed Akalabeth cover.

My lady has received her Lord Marshall box - but received a "Village Lot Deed" instead of the "Town Lot Deed" her pledge should have received. I imagine support has had a lot of e-mails, but it's been a couple of weeks now with no reply on it.

Thank you for looking into it.

6. Trevour

Trevour Avatar

This seems overly difficult. I have confirmed my address many multiple times. Yet again today it was unconfirmed. The web site is horrible. Now I have to wait a few more months (or longer) to get my box. That is aggravating beyond measure. Very disappointed in the process.

Trevour

Sonja, Mishikal, Vaiden Luro and 7 others like this.
  7. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

All of these issues will be handled via support@portalarium.com. None of them will be handled with forum posts please.

8. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Thanks, @DarkStarr.

I've received all of my boxes, but very much appreciate the update on the book.

[​IMG]

9. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

All of you, receiving this very special edition: be happy :)

10. Lightning2

Lightning2 Avatar

@DarkStarr Thanks for the info.

I have confirmed the addresses in March - April yet last Saturday I found them had become unconfirmed again and therefore not receiving the physical goods in this batch.

Could we have a confirmation mail received once the requirements are met (address & shipping fee) so that we know we don't miss anything and is included in the 19 Oct batch? This can also prevent the address becomes unconfirmed due to any reason before 19 Oct that makes us miss the next batch.

Thanks again!

11. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Ach! Stil ten days I have to sit on my hands ^^

Brewton and Fionwyn Wyldemane like this.
  12. Mylady ‘Gin Gin Darlin

Mylady ‘Gin Gin Darlin Avatar

No offence intended here, but I have to say I am very disheartening and distressed that after all these years and having pledged over $250 that I am being asked to pay additional shipping. (Especially after hearing that the product is being shipped from France and I am U.K. therefore $30 in shipping seems outrageously steep. Not to mention the fact this should have been factored into the original pledge wayback and therefore I should not even be paying for any shipping anyway.)
    I know a lot of customers have already paid and have no problem paying for the extra shipping charge, but as my circumstances have changed dramatically since 2014 I cannot even afford to pay the $30 for shipping so I guess after all this the only thank you I will receive for my money is nothing, despite being promised physical goods wayback when. I’m just very upset by this.

I am very jealous of those who have received their rewards. They look so nice.

Apologies for the rant.

13. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

If you were the main pledger way back when, you did get shipping included as an standalone addon that you could gift or turn into credits.

Sonja and Amelli like this.
  14. Mylady ‘Gin Gin Darlin

Mylady ‘Gin Gin Darlin Avatar

If true that only confuses me even more, as according to support I have to pay additional international shipping despite pledging in 2014 as a Patreon.

15. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

No offense @DarkStarr but wasn’t the original explanation given that the book wouldn’t fit in he game box?
    And - I assume we’re talking about the short/original story - how can a publisher not deliver a design to your standards if you outsource printing?
    It’s nice to have the box now, can you please give an estimate ETA? Q3? Q4? 2019?

Sonja, Tiki Pirate, MrBlight and 2 others like this.
  16. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

Im talking about kickstarter.
    We got shipping tokens for the $15 back then ( now $30 )

Sonja likes this.
  17. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

If your original pledge included international shipping you don’t need to buy it now (at higher cost).
    Nor should the novel cost extra postage as you already paid for it - regardless of the two shipments

Sonja and Arradin like this.
  18. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

Thats What im saying.

All original pledges included shipping , and that included shipping was made into shipping tokens when they updates account page way back then.

Sonja likes this.
  19. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

People outside the US: Please check your account page to see if you have International Shipping listed there. If you already have the $15 one, you do NOT need to get the $30 voucher. If you're unsure whether you have it, you may write in to support@portalarium.com.

20. Atmosfear

Atmosfear Avatar

@DarkStarr, can you please also add the ETA for when the framed/signed Akalabeth covers will ship? Thank you

Sonja and Astor Cerberus like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.