I love rares

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gtesser, Sep 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gtesser

gtesser Avatar

I had a blast killing Reapers for weeks until I found a bell, and then mushrooms for the chairs, and now I'm going crazy for a dolly. It would be awesome if the next rare loot could only be obtained by fishing or something other than killing mobs :)

Caernarvon, Neonis, Nelzie and 16 others like this.
  2. mass

mass Avatar

Have to disagree. Spending time exploring, finding, solving, conversing, building up power to win a penultimate battle, etc. are fun ways to get rares. Mindlessly killing the same mobs over and over again without challenge to get rares is among the worst content in the game.

Vaiden Luro, Rowell, Astirian and 3 others like this.
  3. Floors

Floors Avatar

Look, it's an MMO, we have to have loot be rare, there has to be some repetition.

Honestly, even after grinding for months - I found a real power progression and now I cut through most things with ease.

The rare stuff when we get it - it's awesome - like Elaina's missing bow, we can create player quests and know they'll work.

If they continue to add a few new items each month, it will be great. There's so many things to collect already !

I'd like to see : Obsidian Crystals, Anti-virtue Banners, the Banner of Chaos, Obsidian statues, Relics from Ultima 3 (sssshhh......!), rare sea-life, runes, the bell, the book, and the candle, glass swords, and other glass things, ophidian (serpent ??) items and much much more !!

Neonis, Nelzie, Gaelis and 5 others like this.
  4. Morgoth redbeard

Morgoth redbeard Avatar

i like to see rare stuff to put in your dugeon that to me would e cool then your able to personalice your dungeon allot more if they put stuff not evry one bother to get

i like the dungeon ide just so much you can do that makes that a cool consept i hope its a good future

Witcheypoo likes this.
  5. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

The first two messages in this post are what make Shroud so amazing. One person loves the hunt of that rare item. The other person doesn't and guess what: they don't have to go do that! Something for all types of people.

Gaelis, Hellscream, majoria70 and 5 others like this.
  6. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Sometimes I feel like having a mindless morning of fungal flagellation. At least those usually tend to drop a toadstool every 3-4 hours or so. I've got a nice collection now.

Gaelis, mass and Alley Oop like this.
  7. mass

mass Avatar

As long as you flagellate in private mode, I don't have a problem with it.

Jason_M and Innascual Inch like this.
  8. Hellscream

Hellscream Avatar

Bit fan of this too!! Could you give me a hint on wich mushrooms should i kill?

9. gtesser

gtesser Avatar

I killed the Amanita (small mushrooms) outside the cave in Blood River Outskirts.

10. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I swear I got all three of mine from the corrupt elves.

Alley Oop likes this.
  11. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

What chairs?

12. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I don't mind the rare drops like the ones youve mentioned that are focused -ie, killing specific mobs until you get an item that is definitely in their loot table and perseverance will eventually win out.
    The 'it can drop from anything in the game' nonsense, like trying to get a particular recipe or artifact subject to a massive RNG both in drop chance and what yo'll actually get, I find annoying and rage-inducing.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.