Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Too much loot!!!

Discussion in 'Release 57 Feedback' started by disorder, Sep 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. disorder

disorder Avatar

I think you guys went a little bit too far with the loot changes. Artifact price is going to drop very hard and very fast.

I used to average 1-2 artifacts per day. Today I am recalling home with 10 in my bag.

It seems excessive!!

Xeng, Hazard, Feeyo and 3 others like this.
  2. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

A person just complained in the SoTA forums that there is too much loot in this game. First time for everything, I guess.

Spoon, Astirian, Mishikal and 4 others like this.
  3. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

personally i love it!! :D

Mishikal, Chatele, Jaesun and 2 others like this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This is good. They were too stingy with the artifacts.

Mishikal, Feeyo and Chatele like this.
  5. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

Now i can't confirm the huge arti droprate, maybe he had just an extremly lucky day.
    But too much loot is never good for the economy in an mmo.

6. Xeng

Xeng Avatar

If you are one of the persons who are constantly killing "bosses" like Dragons, Torc or any other who are affected by the increased drop chance and although by the possibility to drop artifacts who were extreamly hard to get by before, you can clearly see an enormous increase. This means that now the prices for all kind of artifacts will drop. While before I could occasionally sell a Ring of Chrysopoeia or any other of the rarer artifacts, now they do drop everywhere.
    For example in an 1 - 1.5h hunt we had yesterday 2 Shield of the Wicked King droped, sure that could be coincident, but after seeing the amount of other rare drops I have seen from other people I doubt that this is an insulated incident.
    Take the increase drop rate with the fact that as a normal player you rarely have to buy new weapons and armor ( after the first time you've crafted a decent item or bought it ) I see a problem with the overall market situation. Way too many items are hitting the market, while they are rarely getting removed ( destroyed ).

7. Phoenix007

Phoenix007 Avatar

Personally I don't see too much. But it's right I made only 1 or 2 fight on a boss from new release (and only 1 I have looted).
    I played more 1.5 year regulary (6-12h by week), but I have dropped less 30 artefacts and often the same.
    I don't see any change with new release, but I fight only 2 boss and only one is looted by me.

The problem is that people always fight the boss the loot is possible too much, but people fight only 1-2 times by week a boss he doesn't loot (specially that the boss fight is made by a group and we made the loot assign only to one person).

8. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Eh, I haven't seen an artifact drop -yet- this release. I keep wanting to hear what this new arti sound is. So we're nowhere near a "too much loot" situation. Despite "improved boss loot" the handful I've killed have dropped the same crap as they always have, except now I got a ummm...ward gem? Great. If you're sitting killing bosses nonstop, yeah, you're going to get artis eventually. As you should.

The "artifact market" as such was already saturated anyway except for a handful of items. Things tend to bottom out around the 'essence price' since a lot of them (which I lovingly call 'crapifacts') that's the best use for them. I personally don't see a problem with increased drop rates making the few nice things a bit more affordable. This is how supply and demand works. If artifacts are no longer a money bonanza to gouge players who can't/wont solo bosses all day, because too many people are doing it and the market's full of them and price has gone down...then I expect people will stop boss-steamrolling and do something more lucrative. As people stop boss-steamrolling, artifact price will creep up.

Nikko, Chatele, Jaesun and 3 others like this.
  9. Snakyy

Snakyy Avatar

Artifacts are 90% times nothing but carbage. Purely for breaking down for essence. So in that sense their drop rate just mean repair cost of those very FEW artifacts that might have a purpose on character, we can now repair with reasonable cheaply.

Mishikal, Nikko and Witcheypoo like this.
  10. Armeleon Vesaz

Armeleon Vesaz Avatar

95% of artifacts will be worth their vendor value in a month. The rate of attunement rings, crafting rins etc is pretty riciddiculous. While it might feel good for a few days, most artis that still were worth something to players will end up being vendor trash very quickly.

11. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

You can never have too much loot :)

Mishikal, Nikko, Feeyo and 1 other person like this.
  12. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Bosses should always drop goodies!

Nikko and Chatele like this.
  13. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Yeah, well... you should definitely never have a situation where you risk it all taking down Temna, and get 1 citrine fragment, 12 gold pieces, and a single mandrake root. That is just going to drive people away in a hurry.

14. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

As a non-elite player who has never looted an artifact and never will, I haven't noticed that there is too much loot in the game. :D

15. opTi

opTi Avatar

i am very happy about the increased loot.

16. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

But it depends.

If you can kill a boss 1000 times a week, then i would say "no".

Feeyo likes this.
  17. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

The loot increase is borderline dumb. No more rare in game to drop.
    As for those of you who dont kill boss, i can get about 20-30 artifact in a day. Does that sound right? Compared to 10 before, thats a huge increase. I'm not even farming em anymore btw.. waste of time. I can get more gold by just farming soltown catacomb. Its that stupid.

Feeyo and GrayFog like this.
  18. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

The rares aren't really rare anymore :D

Feeyo likes this.
  19. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

They said they would add new unique and rare items... But seeing all that happened so far my hope are kinda thin. But i still hope.

20. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

Loottables need a complete rework, but they are aware of this, so i hope we will see some improvements there rather sooner than later.

Feeyo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.