Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

R58 QA Server Testing has now begun!

Discussion in 'Release 58 QA Feedback' started by BurningToad, Sep 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

They actually wouldn't do that if they saw something else to aggro. Also if they were near enough to their spawn area to begin with, they wouldn't have any reason to leash.

2. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

monsters are still freezing if u go in height

3. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

@Undone, I found a way to attack animals that can't get to me when standing on a rock. It doesn't seem to work with people mobs, just animals I bugged it in the combat forums.

4. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

I did notice that when they can't reach you they just stop moving. Melee mobs just stand where they were until they can path to you again. Seems a little unnatural, but might not be anything that can be done from an AI perspective.

5. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I just found that I can tell a pet to attack (me on rock, bear and water elemental on ground). The pet never took enough aggro to turn the bear away from me.

EDIT: and the next try, the bear turned for my elemental immediately, even though I had pulled him with a fire arrow. Go figure. . . . And then he got bored with the elemental, while having water arrows thrown at him about 15 seconds apart.

I do like how the bears sometimes stand up during this.

6. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

I wonder if you did a bit of damage before the bear attacks, whether it would still turn on the elemental.

7. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I commanded the elemental to attack. And now the bear is being damaged slowly, healing just a bit in between water arrows, just enough to die in five minutes or so.

One other thing, I shot a bear with a fire arrow from on a rock, and it was doing DoT, but taking no damage because not on the same nav mesh. ("out of reach")

8. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

@Undone, I have another scenario for damaging stuff in this situation. This time I can damage all mobs, people and animals. In this scenario I used the same location as the bug report. This time I was able to damage the elves as well as the wolves. Pull out your bow and have root in your deck. Root the mob then shoot it. You will do damage as long as the mob is rooted. When the root wears off, you can no longer do any damage using the bow. I don't normally use a bow, but I bet someone with high enough bows skills could do a bunch of damage to mobs standing on things.

it may not be all npcs, as I went into tears for a quick test and couldn't damage the first round of mobs (not the undead) using this scenario. Unless the message was wrong, it was telling me that it coudln;t be reached and no damage was done.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    Mishikal likes this.
  9. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Could you guys please enable vulkan support on the windows and GNU/Linux builds? This should be possible to enable if users want to play around with it.
    Thank you very much.

10. thesometimeslurker

thesometimeslurker Avatar

@Undone Please please PLEASE tell me the scaling issue with the Undead pets summoning skills has been fixed.

11. Kaffien

Kaffien Avatar

Blue Rose Isle, Crafters Town, Black Rock Cove
    cannot drag the fishing skill from skills to my toolbar. other skills like agriculture are still working.

12. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

You now have to load your bait in the toolbar instead of fishing icon. Since the new waters will require specific bait I am thinking.....but yes i just loaded my worms on the bar and it works great. Love the new brighter icon on the water too....well new to me

13. Kaffien

Kaffien Avatar

Blue Rose Isle, Crafters Town, Black Rock Cove
    The skill should still be draggable as an active skill. when doing so it refers to it as an innate skill.

14. Belladonna Rose

Would like to see the line of sight thing fixed. Mobs like skel and elven mages can shoot through walls, around corners and at great distances with no line of sight. Never understood that. If they target and hit me once and i moved out of line of sight they should not be able to continue to hit me....especially around corners and way past a decent range. Good example of this is in Crag Foothills ....mages in the low level of the camp will tag me....and i run way back out of view and they still can hit me from a long range

15. Belladonna Rose

I tried it yesterday when QA went live and it wouldnt drag down. But when i loaded worms in the slot it worked.

16. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

Sounds like fishing working like poison, since there are different poisons and different baits you drag the poison or the bait that you want to use to the bar. Makes sense as the game can't know which bait you would like to use and you could have a few different types of bait in your inventory.

17. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

Using worms is more intuitive then dragging the skill. The same way one can use to saw seeds. I wish they would do the same to watering and harvesting plants. (may, dragging bucket of water to utility bar / dragging the hoe to the utility bar.)
    Most of the crafting skills are passive skills.

Belladonna Rose likes this.
  18. Belladonna Rose

would be nice to have an additional task bar for these skills as well....having fishing, agriculture things put on a seperate task bar so there is no need to constantly drag them down into the passive bar. Too many times i realize my recall scrolls are missing from my task bar cause i have farming icons down there. A potion bar would even work ....half my passive is filled up with potions. LOL

Chatele likes this.
  19. BurningToad

BurningToad Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

There is a new QA patch available, build 742!

Aeryk, Rentier, Sentinel2 and 2 others like this.
  20. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

another problem with them not losing aggro is that they're stuck at in-combat regen rates while i'm not. i can kill something half-dead, jump on a rock and leave combat to heal, and when i'm fully healed and rebuffed they're still half-dead.

Elwyn and Mishikal like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.