Why are people unloading their houses for next to nothing now?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Angband, Sep 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Houses used to stack when some of us got our pledges. So many players tried to keep their complete set perhaps but now maybe they decide to get rid of them. I am a hoarder a little and have all of mine still but maybe one day I will sell some. I originally chose to start the game for like the $90 pledge but then I increased that over time and the houses from each tier stayed with me. I don't think it means anything players are selling them.

There is no way to know exactly how much things are worth in this game. It is a players game and they control the prices. The best way to figure out how much you would like to sell things for is just to play the game and check vendors here and there to get ideas. Items do have a value on them which does give a hint if you look. Like an artifact will have a larger value than most things. So the value you see in your inventory for each item doesn't mean players have to sell it for that. It is kind of a guessing game. When I price items to sell I guess. I don't try to undercut but since I don't micromanage it or am not constantly watching prices even though I do visit owlshead and look at vendors occasionally. I just guess mostly.

2. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

It'll all be over soon

licemeat and Blake Blackstone like this.
  3. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

It's massively different from the POV that the money market is likely to be there in a year's time. Investments have a chance to bounce back.

In SotA meanwhile, I don't have anywhere near the same confidence that the game will still be around in a year from now. That's my honest answer.

Brewton, MrBlight and Sir_Hemlock like this.
  4. Dulayne

Dulayne Avatar

The same level of panic came in when the layoffs happened.

The game settled down and people kept playing.

The Vendor and crafting station additions to the store came in.

The game settled down and people kept playing.

If anything from what I have been seeing just based on my recent shroud stream attendances alone, the game is actually seeming to regain players. People are coming back, taking a look and and staying.

The game has plentiful ups and downs, especially with a game of its background. Just keep riding the storm and keep having fun.

The game is doing fine. (From my point of view/observation, not a factual statement)

5. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Alot of people spend thier lives waiting around for a rare chance to say “I told you so”. Nothin new there.

If you’re enjoying shroud it doesnt really matter who else hates it, and theres a whole community who does.

But if you like this game, play it and support it. Dont let trolls calling you an idiot decide which games should be on market.

Witcheypoo, Gaelis, Bigg and 17 others like this.
  6. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

But then what would you have to write about?

7. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

Sir_Hemlock likes this.
  8. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

That sounds pretty satisfying... I guess until you realize how much time you wasted on a game you don't even play lol.

9. Caska

Caska Avatar

Not my fault that the forums are more fun than the game, it's yours! (Yes all of you!)

10. Jimmy Cliff

Jimmy Cliff Avatar

the initial resale market had a high markup.

11. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

Steam is not the only outlet, however, I think it would be wrong to dismiss it entirely. And the numbers are not good there: https://steamcharts.com/app/326160

3devious likes this.
  12. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Is it already that time of the month where the game is failing?

Elwyn, Scanphor, 3devious and 3 others like this.
  13. Humbert_Humbert

Humbert_Humbert Avatar

It's sad people talk about making money and day trading with a game I was hoping to love.

14. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

The one that got away man.

Move on if that's the only thing keeping you, it wouldn't change now even if it became illegal to RMT.

Wreckognize likes this.
  15. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

We must have very different ideas of what is fun. Glad you are enjoying yourself though :D

3devious likes this.
  16. Dulayne

Dulayne Avatar

Yeah I am aware of the other options available (such as stream keys available from streamers like me). My point more was it is nice to see that people are still giving the game a go and ignoring the steam reviews.

I am not dismissing it, just saying it is a good sign. People take too much notice of the reviews on that platform.

17. Humbert_Humbert

Humbert_Humbert Avatar

I actually don't mind RMT when it comes to purchasing items. Power leveling and some other stuff they allowed I don't agree with.

It seems a lot of people left are in it for monetary reasons rather than fun. When someone tells me the game has gotten a lot better is that because they believe it or are heavily invested?

Sir_Hemlock likes this.
  18. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

For the record, I wasn't talking about Steam reviews, but Steam stats. Did you click the link? It's not a link to reviews, just numbers.

19. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

Who cares? What matters is you find your true love! If it isn't here then my advice is to go; don't settle for less. I'm the passionate type tho eheheh

Wreckognize and 3devious like this.
  20. The Hendoman

The Hendoman Avatar

I bet much more log on thru the sota client... I wonder what those numbers are like... and looking at the bigger picture, that green graph shows a steady(ish) increase in player base over time.

THE HENDOMAN

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.